September 2, 2014 | 948 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by zed4zorro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best drugstore mascara I've used to date. I have not tried that many mascaras so I am not a pro in this department but this one seems to be the best so far. It really does add volume and length to my sparse eyelashes. I've used others in the maybelline range but all have been mediocre. This one lives up to its name "The Falsies". And the price is great. Can't complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by 16chances

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is currently my HG mascara along with Majolica Majorca's Lash Expander Edge Meister. For a very natural look I would opt for Lash Expander but for days I want my eyelashes to give me more oomph, this is the mascara to go to. The Falsies lengthens my lashes and gives it a lot of volume. It only clumps after a lot of layers, but nobody puts on 5 layers of mascara anyways haha.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by faithiejay

I didn't like this at all, I have normal lashes, but this was so CLUMPY!!! The 1st coat was almost nothing, I barely saw anything, not what you want to see with a first coat eh? Then second coat wasn't that drastic, then I put 3rd coat on and it got all clumpy and made my lashes look so weird!! I was really surprised cuz I need a new mascara for going to the beach. And this wasn't the one. I also didn't really like the brush, well considering I like the plastic much more than bristles. I think I'll just give this to my mom (like I do with all the mascaras that don't work for me)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by LapinBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using this product for a long time now. I prefer this drug store mascara over high end mascara any day. It's my favourite go to product and it's definitely waterproof. ( god knows how many times I cried while wearing this) I usually layer this mascara on top of my eye lash primer which makes it look more volumized.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by dewieanggrainie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The best drugstore mascara ever.

Pros:
- Totally waterproof
- Lengthen your lashes
- Gives a nice volume
- Holds your curl all day long
- No clumps, no flakes, no smudge
- No irritation

Cons:
- It dries quite quickly inside the packaging, after 3 weeks it becomes thick and increase the possibility of clumping

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I've been using Maybelline Lash Discovery waterproof mascara for years as my go to summer mascara. I can build up the volume,never smudged on me nor flaked. I've heard good things about this mascara and decided to give it a try. Bought it for less than $6 at target. Honestly, I don't like it. One coat of this only separate and darken my lashes,no volume,no length. 2nd coat gives me spidery looking lashes. I have very average lashes,it's also sparse,short,but luckily my lashes doesn't point downward so I do not curl my lashes on a daily basis. The only redeeming factor is that the formula,even tho it's a wet formula,doesn't weigh my lashes down. So far this mascara haven't smudged on me yet but the true test will be in the summer months. I'm still not sure if I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by mccalisterr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

On a normal basis, I look like I have no lashes. Which just basically sucks and since I'm not big on the whole False eyelashes movement just because I'm not fond of the heavy feeling on my lids. This mascara is just the one. Absolutely the one. It really does make you seem like you're wearing false eyelashes but not seeming as if they're too hard on the eyes. They're absolutely gorgeous. It doesn't clump up, it doesn't smell like whatever, it's the right shade of black, and it's not heavy on the eyes. As long as you know how to properly apply the product then you'd get a really good output with it

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by jess2133

When I first tried this mascara I absolutely hated it. It made my lashes clump and the formula was all wet and heavy. I tried it again after wiping off the mascara from the wand and the results were okay, it didn't clump and it lengthened and volumised my lashes. My main problem with this mascara, and with almost every mascara I've tried, is the smudging. Even though it's waterproof, it still gave me panda eyes after 5 hours. If not for the smudging, it would be a decent mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Kmac81

The tube I have looks the same as the picture posted but the brush is black and curved a little. The brush is crap as it flexes and bends while I try to apply. If the brush was better I would really this. It doesn't smudge all day and holds a curl well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail drugstore mascara! My lashes are quite thin and point straight down, so there are a lot of things I look for in a good mascara. My greatest gripe is that while many mascaras can provide length and volume, they cannot hold the curl at all! With almost all of the others I've tried (Revlon, L'Oreal, CoverGirl... all of their mascaras), my lashes started drooping in less than 15 minutes. This does not do that :D!

[ PROS ]
- Truly waterproof
- Does not smudge throughout the workday
- Holds a curl for more than 12 hours
- Makes my lashes look a lot longer
- Provides enough volume
- Does not clump easily like some other popular mascaras (i.e. LashBlast)
- Does not cause irritation (my doctor told me I'm prone to styes)
- Does not cause problems when I wear contact lenses

[ CONS ]
- After about 12 hours, slight smudging will occur after a nap or if I rub my eyes

This is just an amazing mascara and I will continue to repurchase it! Do not bother with the regular version though, as the waterproof is just far superior in every way :).