December 18, 2014 | 1761 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently got this mascara because my waterproof maybelline full n soft dried up. I do like this mascara as it keeps my lashes curled and doesn't smudge or flake on me. However, like many other waterproof mascaras it is incredibly hard to get off, even with eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I really like this line of mascaras. All of them, or at least the waterproof.
I like that this one seems to make my lashes a bit longer looking than the flared version. I do not know what it is but they seem a but more lengthened, and flirty looking. With the flared I get more depth and volume.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Ritzaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this mascara many times and can honestly say it sucks. I have pretty long lashes but they are as straight as they can get. I have really been on a hunt to find a mascara that will hold my curl and not kill it. This mascara just doesn't do that for me. I will curl my lashes and as soon as this mascara touches my lashes, it's as if i never even curled them!! So annoying. The only good thing I can say about this mascara is it's very dark and I like that but I would not repurchase this again. Will keep looking..

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by jobarbie

I am definitely in the minority of people who don't like this mascara, but for me it completely drops my curl and clumps my lashes together. I have pretty long, lush lashes and it manages to make me look like I have five sticks for eyelashes. Do not recommend for girls who need a mascara to hold their curl all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by beccaaaboo

Recently I've been on a hunt for my "holy grail" drugstore mascara, which lead me to do lots of research and watch a lot of reviews on different ones. I bought Covergirl's Clump Crusher mascara and loved it (although I wanted one that was actually waterproof) and I used up the whole tube. Since I had already formed an opinion on Clump Crusher, I thought I'd give this one a try. I have a love-hate relationship with this mascara. At first, I thought this mascara was amazing (I bought it in the black-brown shade), it gave me the water resistance that clump crusher lacked, but after a while of using this product, I discovered many flaws in it. so let me just recap for you;

(Pros.)
WATER PROOF
Lots of volume
Provides Length
Can be very dramatic, depending on how many layers you put on
Lasts all day

(Cons.)
RACOON EYES.
Impossible to wash off (I appreciate the waterproof-ness of this product, but really? It required soo much scrubbing and made eyelashes fall out ):
Doesn't exactly hold a curl well
SO MUCH CLUMPING

All in all this product didn't exactly give me the illusion of "falsies" but it lived up to it's waterproof claim. Although this is not my "holy grail" drugstore mascara, I would repurchase this again to put on top of another mascara for its volume, but not as a stand-alone mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by mcgfan

Love! I have been using this for years and will continue to rebuy. Can't beat the price and quality. It makes my lashes full and long. I love the curved brush. I wear it in the darkest black.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Fluffytia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

RACOON EYES!! This mascara gave me racoon eyes within 2 hours, and full on panda eyes after 7 hours. Meant to be waterproof, but I am not impressed. Save your money folks

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ShailjaVashisht

If you are looking for a budget mascara then give a try to 'Maybelline's the falsies volume mascara'.. it defines lashes perfectly, gives them volume and length too... check out price and detailed review at http://www.brideeveryday.com/maybelline-the-falsies-volum-express-waterproof-mascara-review-swatch

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

After years of Lancome Difinicils and then years of L'Oreal Voluminous I sadly had to find something new. Reviews on Volum' Express looked promising so I took a chance. Happily I found that it works very well for me! I have oily skin so a good non flaky waterproof mascara is a must. This mascara went on smoothly, no clumping and did not flake or give me raccoon eyes over the course of the day. It also did not burn my eyes or dry them out like the last tube of L'Oreal Voluminous did. Got the Volum' Express Waterproof in Brownish Black and it's a nice balance of the two colors though it seems to lean a little more on the brown side. It seems like this mascara goes on sale often so I will be stocking up! Not giving this a five since I think that Dior's Diorshow is the mascara all mascaras should aspire to and this one does not give that kind of length or thickness. Good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by queeniesiu18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this mascara at least four times! I have long eyelashes, but a lot of mascaras tend to make them drop upon application due to the wet formula. This mascara does not do that; in fact, it makes my eyelashes hold their curls exceptionally well! It smudges on my lower lashes, but nothing budges on my upper lashes. The waterproof formula is amazing. A little tip for those whose eye liner on their upper waterline smudges all the time. Take a small eye liner brush, dip some into the mascara wand and apply it on the upper waterline. This is a good alternative to any eye liners and the waterproof formula makes it stay on your water line. Even if it does smudge, it just comes off as little black pecks so it is much easier to clean than a smudged eye liner. Mascaras should be changed up every 3 months anyway, and if you swirl the wand when putting it back into the bottle instead of directly pushing it in, the mascara will not dry up that quickly. Great product and great price!