October 23, 2014 | 891 users online

Mascara - The Body Shop - Big and Curvy Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Tanjit101

Well this produt is really good it makes my lashes very long and voluminous. One thing I hate about it is that when u take it out the mascara is all just clumped onto the brush. Overall I really like this mascara and I think that u shuould buy it. I relly love to make my lashes big so I live for this mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Berty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible stuff! The worst thing is the smell: it has an awful, awful fragrance that you can still smell hours later. That in itself makes it a no from me. As for the product, it's ok but not great. I quite like the brush - it's small, so I can get right into the corners (my eyes aren't huge, and my lashes are short and straight). It curls a little, but is a strange consistency. Wet and clumpy at the same time, if that makes sense. It's also really hard to remove. I'll probably use this up because I got it free, but would NOT repurchase. Back to trusty Maybelline.

EDIT: after a couple of weeks the smell faded and it got a little drier, and I've come to love this. The best thing, IMO, is the small brush, which enables you to apply easily if you don't have huge eyes or lang lashes. It's quicker to apply than a lot of other mascaras, holds the curl really well, and looks good. Have repurchased.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by CocoLola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everyone that posted on how horrible this mascara was is absolutely right. harsh smell very very clumpy and just all around terrible. I went to the store and bought one of the Maybelline ones and that one is waaay better and it actualy did what it was suppose to do( not to mention you're saving money) Shame on you Body Shop shame on you

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by niiia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I regret to say I actually bought this mascara (the waterproof one) and it is an absolute waste of money. I only bought it because the sale assistant in The Body Shop recommended it.

This stuff is absolutely awful. It doesn't help with length, volume or curliness on my lashes. It gets clumpy so easily. It takes forever to dry so it ends up getting every where on my face. It is so difficult to get off with ordinary make-up wipes, remover or cleanser - when I eventually get it of it usually takes my lashes with it. The applicator is god awful and loads up with way to much product. The packaging writing rubs off eventually

I tried several method to try and make this product work using different spoolies, combing the product through etc.. but nothing really makes it even "workable" or "acceptable" if you know what I mean. I'm not one to really throw away a product but with this product I don't think there is not much I can do with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by janetchan216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this free from magazine and was excited because been waiting to try The Body Shop mascara for a while.
BIG disappointment! I opened the tube and cannot believe how awfully useless the brush was. I ended up throwing the original brush away and used Maybeline's Full 'n Soft brush instead.
Formula was way too wet that it took ages to dry... and we all know what happened when I sneezed soon after I applied a coat of the mascara.
No curl, no volume, just weighed my lashes down straight away.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by riacloud

I got this as a free gift, and we've had a really bad relationship so far. It's REALLY clumpy, with a super-wet formula. It gives me spider-lashes (ew) and it smells horrifying. And whenever I get my makeup remove and try to get it all off (keep in mind that I only apply one coat of mascara), it takes me a very long time, and my eyelashes come out! I got scared and haven't touched this mascara ever since. Would not recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by hanawaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

WORST EVER!! I have sensitive eyes, looking for waterproof mascara as i'm outdoors most of the time. Hop by TBS, bought these, and to my horror upon opening the tube, there's no brush in it! Had to go back to the store to change. Tried it in the evening, and my eyes burns from the smell of it. It's clumpy, messy, just didn't work out. Quite a disappointing product from TBS!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by eyes4you

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Horrible Product!

- Still smudges above my oily eyelids
- No volume or curve for my short lashes
- The removal is so hard. Stays on like cement. No fun to remove!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Eve8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this free with a magazine and as I was running out of mascara it was a good surprise. It's not the best mascara on earth, it has a strange honeyish smell and the brush drags way too much product out of the tube. It also has a really strange look, the bristles are really short.
I never tried it alone, I use it after another one of my mascaras to add a bit of volume. It does an OK job, nothing amazing, but as I didn't pay for it I don't mind, I'll finish the tube and leave it at that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this free in a magazine was looking forward to using it cos I really like TBS products - but unfortunately this sucks!

Cons
- There doesn't seem to be an excess remover which means you waste product wiping off the wand
- The bristles are simply too short to do anything, a shame I thought the thin brush would let me get in and do the small lashes
- The formula is really "wet" (I know some don't mind this - but this was big no no for me)
- Anything more than a light coat = serious wet clumps, if you have lashes that curl prepare to look like a contract - there will be a dotted line on your eyelids.
- Generally messy to remove.

Pros
- It doesn't flake once it dries
- Ok for bottom lashes
- Thankfully only paid 3.70 for it would have been pissed if I had paid a tenner