April 18, 2014 | 1216 users online

Mascara - The Body Shop - Big and Curvy Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by riacloud

I got this as a free gift, and we've had a really bad relationship so far. It's REALLY clumpy, with a super-wet formula. It gives me spider-lashes (ew) and it smells horrifying. And whenever I get my makeup remove and try to get it all off (keep in mind that I only apply one coat of mascara), it takes me a very long time, and my eyelashes come out! I got scared and haven't touched this mascara ever since. Would not recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by hanawaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

WORST EVER!! I have sensitive eyes, looking for waterproof mascara as i'm outdoors most of the time. Hop by TBS, bought these, and to my horror upon opening the tube, there's no brush in it! Had to go back to the store to change. Tried it in the evening, and my eyes burns from the smell of it. It's clumpy, messy, just didn't work out. Quite a disappointing product from TBS!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by eyes4you

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Horrible Product!

- Still smudges above my oily eyelids
- No volume or curve for my short lashes
- The removal is so hard. Stays on like cement. No fun to remove!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Eve8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this free with a magazine and as I was running out of mascara it was a good surprise. It's not the best mascara on earth, it has a strange honeyish smell and the brush drags way too much product out of the tube. It also has a really strange look, the bristles are really short.
I never tried it alone, I use it after another one of my mascaras to add a bit of volume. It does an OK job, nothing amazing, but as I didn't pay for it I don't mind, I'll finish the tube and leave it at that.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this free in a magazine was looking forward to using it cos I really like TBS products - but unfortunately this sucks!

Cons
- There doesn't seem to be an excess remover which means you waste product wiping off the wand
- The bristles are simply too short to do anything, a shame I thought the thin brush would let me get in and do the small lashes
- The formula is really "wet" (I know some don't mind this - but this was big no no for me)
- Anything more than a light coat = serious wet clumps, if you have lashes that curl prepare to look like a contract - there will be a dotted line on your eyelids.
- Generally messy to remove.

Pros
- It doesn't flake once it dries
- Ok for bottom lashes
- Thankfully only paid 3.70 for it would have been pissed if I had paid a tenner

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by caroline_a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a free gift with purchase and hated it. It smells awful, is very heavy on the lashes, and did nothing to curl or add volume. I gave it away and will not be re-purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by rachaelpreece101

Hate this. Vile mascara, clumpy and not big or curvy. I have to wipe most of it off the wand to get it to go on without huge clumps and even then it still looks crap.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkgerbera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product with a voucher and chose it as I'd heard good reviews of it. The smell is really horrible. I'm not usually sensitive to perfume in products, and I like the fragrance of cosmetics usually, but this is horrible and really strong. It worked ok as a mascara - not 'big' or 'curvy', just ok. It made my lashes feel crunchy though, and did I mention the smell...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Isti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

worst mascara i've ever used!!! it does nothing for the lashes.. and there's no curve at all! Also the consistency was too watery as a result you've got mascara all over the place... I had great hopes for this product but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by VeryAroma

I loved the outcome of this mascara!! Pretty, pretty lashes - voluminous, black, long and quite separated. Nice brush, nice price. I also loved (exclamation mark!) how easy it was to remove it in the evening. Awesome! So far, a 5 star product.

Sadly, it made my eyes itch a little. Usually, I am not super sensitive but I think this might not be the best mascara if you are wearing lenses. So, I am only giving it 3 stars.

(This review is for the one in the pink tube. I exchanged it for the waterproof version in the blue tube, which is totally different and I hated and would give zero stars. Will go back, too.)