September 30, 2014 | 1964 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Liquiline Blast - Blackfire

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ericaleigh03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this eyeline at a 50% off sale at Ulta, just on a whim. I've always used Covergirl's "perfect point plus" eyeliner in black and thought that this liquiline product looked like a smudgier version of it. I was really dissapointed with the results! The point is pretty wide, so I had trouble getting it right into my lashline, and it didn't give a good, clean line for the same reason. The smudging tip is a neat feature, and I ended up with fine results, but it was definitely not worth all the time it took! The nail in the coffin for this product was how difficult it was to wash off! I used my normal Philosphy Purity cleanser, which takes off all the makeup I ever use, and I still had horrible racoon eyes! It's kind of a "waxy" formula, so I guess it kind of adheres to the skin more than my normal pencil eyeliner, which is easy to get off. In short, I wouldn't recommend this product at all. I'm sticking with my covergirl perfect point plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeliner because of juicystar07 on youtube. I love it!! The color is so dark and the product is creamy and smudgable, but will not smudge if you do not want it to. It is affordable and lovely. I was heartbroken when I lost it, so I will be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by AlexandraNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was basically a waste of money to me. I had to like scrape it onto my eyelid just to get it on and I've paid less for other drug store eyeliners and had better results. I tried sharpening it to see if that would help and it pretty much didn't. I was surprised because I've heard nothing but good things but this didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this eyeliner. I feel it's darker than urban decay zero. Itglides on very smoothly. It's the only pencil liner that i use for top lid lining (i prefer liquid brush). It will smude if you cry or get eyes wet. But, it is difficult to remove from waterline. I love this pencil. Great price and gresat color and finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome eyeliner, I've tried L'Oreal, MAC, Prestige, Wet n Wild, etc. And this is the best of all of them!! Contains the same ingredients as the Urban Decay 24/7, and causes no eye irritation whatsoever, which is a winner for me. It's a very dark black, which I love, and goes great in the waterline. So glad this product exists because I read product labels for ingredients and this definitely has a list that is perfect for sensitive eyes, and my original quest for a good liner for sensitive eyes came about when I was getting irritated by the eyeliner I was using. I hope CG always keeps this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This eyeliner doesn't quite make HG for me, but it's close enough for now. I switched to this from the Maybelline eye studio lasting drama gel liner. This liner does go on smoothly like a liquid liner without the mess of one. It's very pigmented, too. It doesn't tug when applied, so you can get a nice, smooth line. It also applies pretty easily to the waterline (though I need to go over it again a couple of times to get a darker line). It sharpens pretty easily, but I've had it break a few times. It's also pretty easy to remove with makeup remover for me. I don't actually use the smudge stick, so I can't really review that part. there are 2 things I don't like about this product: 1) I don't like how quickly I go through these pencils, lol. I end up buying a new one about every 2 weeks if I use it everyday. 2) I don't think this stuff is waterproof at all. sometimes when i'm outside, my eyes will water (not sure why, probably allergies or something). but this causes the eyeliner to smear, then run down my cheeks if the tears fall! how embarrassing! :( I wish it was more waterproof. However, I there are a lot of things I do like about this eyeliner, and will keep purchasing it until I find something better down the road. I would still recommend it, it's still a pretty good liner imo :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by tmickxo

Ok so here's my take on this eyeliner: lets just say it's not the best that cover girl could do. I usually love cover girl products but their eyeliners haven't really done anything for me recently. I picked this up because I ran out of one of my favorite eyeliners (by urban decay) and i didn't feel like splurging on eyeliner at the time so i decided to pick up this liquiline blast (since i love the lash blast mascara). At first, I liked it because it glides on smooth. However, i've been using it for a few months now and every time, right after i put it on i look in the mirror and there is fall out on my face from it..i don't know how or why this happens but it does for me. So i go to wipe it of and it smudges then i have to wipe my face with a makeup wipe and it's just a mess. Another problem I have with it is that on my bottom lid it doesn't stay on long AT ALL. It smudges and gets all under my eyes making me look like i have dark circles when i didn't even rub my eyes at all. Cover girl products are usually very good but I would do a walk by on this eyeliner and go pick up a better brand you can find at sephora or ulta.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim because I wanted to just use an eyeliner that doesn't irritate my eyes. This eyeliner is a godsend! It never smudges, stays in place all day and is easy to apply and blend. I use this on my waterline and it always lasts. The bonus is that its easy to remove with soap and water. I used to never like Covergirl but I'm soo in love with this eyeliner. I would recommend this to people who don't wanna spend a lot of money on an eyeliner.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by MakeupLover1991

Pros:
Very pigmented
Applies smoothly
Good lasting power, better if you set it with black eyeshadow
Stays in place
Waterproof

Cons:
Not the best shade of black -- kind of bluish, IMO
Impossible to wash off!
Doesn't sharpen that well, hard to get a good point

My main issue with this is that I can't wear it every day because I need a ton of makeup remover (and time) to take it off. I guess I didn't realize that it was waterproof when I bought it. Also, for some reason, I had trouble sharpening it for a nice point.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

This is great and pretty cheap too. Just like the brown e/l I love this one also. I apply this around my waterline and this lasts a good amount of time. It still smudges a little after hours of wear but not as much as others I have tried that are even more expensive. (Mac smolder that's you). The color is just a simple matte black that you can use on the lid to line your lashes as well but I find I need to heat up the e/l a little first. The only con really is I don't care so much for the packaging. I don't use the little smudge sponge on the other end of this one or the brown e/l. Also I lost the plastic cap for the e/l end so I have to make sure to sharpen every time I use it so I don't distribute bacteria or any of that unnecessary stuff. I also found that the e/l was dried out more w/o the cap. I wish they just took off the smudge sponge end on the other side and put on a better cap but whateva! Still love it because it gets the job done and its convenient because its at every drug store.