Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.5

on 7/15/2012 5:19:00 AM

I love the actual product. It stays on throughout the day and it is matt which I like. The one thing I am not keen on is the brush. Overall a good quality eyeliner.

on 7/15/2012 4:52:00 AM

This is a very good eyeliner... A gel that can be applied easy. x

on 7/14/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This was the first gel eyeliner I've tried. As such, I can't really compare it to other gel-liner brands. I thought and was expecting it would be creamier, and glide onto the eye like some reviews had suggested. The first time you "dig into it", it does go on creamy. But in my experience, if you try to take some product out of the place you've previously taken it, the application will not be as smooth and creamy. I've overcome this by scooping up more product and really pressing my eye-liner pencil deeper into the jar.

Pros: it is long-lasting.
Con: by the end of the day, the intensity of the look (ie if you had gone for a darker look achieved by not smudging the liner) had worn off and was not as intense.

Verdict: I prefer liquid liners. Will not repurchase.

on 5/7/2012 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I first bought this when BB were the only gel liners on the market, or at least the most popular ones. Back then I haven't heard of others, it was around 9-10 years ago. Point is, since then many brands came out with gel liners, I tried some (remember MAC in particular, smudged and faded really fast on me), and haven't found anything I liked as much this. Quality is great, easy to apply, really is long lasting, doesn't smudge or fade throughout the day, and Sepia is the perfect color for me, I don't like black liners, too harsh for my light coloring, and don't like many brown shades because they are too warm and make whites of my eyes look yellowish. Sepia is dark enough to be a good substitute for black, and doesn't look brown or warm. Versatile, goes with all the shades of eye shadow that black would. Great basic color. For tightlining with it I use Laura Mercier Push Brush, and for lining on top of the lid MAC #209 or Paula Dorf angled.

Pot lasts forever (very pigmented, little needed) and doesn't dry out (not in my experience anyway; I never leave the lid off, close it very tightly, and keep this, along with all my other cream make up products in the fridge). I repurchased it only once so far (but to be fair I haven't used this every single day, more like 3-4 days a week, and some weeks not at all).

on 4/30/2012 3:51:00 PM

This brown is great for hazel eyes. Smooth application and long-wearing. I wear it with Bobbi Brown bone, champagne, and rose gold shadows.

on 4/12/2012 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Got bored of the black one so I got this one. Texture is very different to the "black ink" gel liner, this is more stiff and less "runny" compared to the black one. Which I like, because then the brush doesn't pick up too much product.
Easy to apply, I use it on my waterline and my eyes are ok. It does have a tendency to smudge and slowly just disappear though, but the colour is great and I wear it daily.
Lasts forever, it'll probably dry out before I finish the whole pot.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is by far the best eyeliner I have ever used. I'm a swimmer and it lasts through an entire day of work/school and then through swim practice afterward. You would think that since it lasts so long it would be tough to remove, but it's not! Comes off easily with Almay eyemakeup remover. This stuff is genius.

It seems expensive, but one tiny jar will honestly last a year (even for someone like me, who is quite heavy-handed with eyeliner). Worth the money.

on 3/17/2012 1:05:00 AM

I got mine as a set (black and brown) as a gift. I was so disappointed with the brown - it's not pigmented, doesn't have much staying power, and most importantly, fails completely on my waterline (what I got it for in the first place). I know BB gel liners are formulated to work on the waterline but for some reason, once my gel liner dries and sets, it starts flaking like mad and hurting my poor eyes. This happened when I first opened it, a few weeks and even months later so I'm pretty sure it's not a dried out/product aging issue. Maybe I got a dud set, maybe the formula just isn't for me - either way, this definitely did not live up to it's HG hyped status. The only pros are that it's very smooth and the packaging is nice. I've moved on the liquid liner which is much quicker and pigmented. Less messy too since I don't need to clean the brush after every single use. Definitely won't repurchase again.

on 12/7/2011 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with one of the reviews right before mine, that this has terrible lasting power, and the pigmentation isn't the best. I was pretty bummed with this and black ink, as they both sucked for what I wanted them for (winged liner)... my Maybelline, WnW, gel liners, and plain old liquid liner have worked in the best, and top this. HOWEVER, this works GREAT as a base for certain shadows, eg this, spread over lid and maybe above crease, with Star Violet or Expensive Pink (mac) on top. I also like this for the inner rim on occasion. The colour is good.
But it is quite overrated for what it's MEANT to be (almost a more convenient replacement for liquid liner), so i have taken off a lippie. Rec? No, but if you already purchased, and regret it, you can salvage it by using this (or black ink) as a base for other shadows. BTW I hate Black ink, too as a liner--but as base, that is also fab (black ink as base, mac tilt and humid on top = a look that'll garner you compliments galore).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Love the color and consistency - something between cream and gel! Not too dark, very neutral liner which is just right for very pale me for everyday makeup. But it stays put just for 5 hours or so(( By the end of working day it's almost gone even if used on lid primer (mine was Artdeco). I won't repurchase.