Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first gel liner I've tried and I've been using it for a couple of years now. I love it and won't be switching brands anytime soon! It's long wearing and I love that this particular shade (Sepia Ink) is not too harsh looking. I was worried about having trouble applying it at first, but it's actually very easy to apply! I've been using the same pot for the last 2+ years - a little goes a long way with this gel eyeliner - and it's only now that it's starting to run out. I'll definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In the pot, Sepia Ink looks like it might be too light for my coloring (NC25, black hair and eyes), but it's actually perfect for an everyday liner. The color is a very dark neutral brown without any red tones. It's perfect for everyday lining and it looks great with my coloring. It's the tiniest bit lighter than Espresso Ink, but not different enough that you need both. I have noticed that it fades and smudges a bit at the end of the day, but it still looks good. My pot of Sepia Ink is creamy and smooth so I think it just depends on if you get a fresh pot or an older pot.

I love the actual product. It stays on throughout the day and it is matt which I like. The one thing I am not keen on is the brush. Overall a good quality eyeliner.

This is a very good eyeliner... A gel that can be applied easy. x

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This was the first gel eyeliner I've tried. As such, I can't really compare it to other gel-liner brands. I thought and was expecting it would be creamier, and glide onto the eye like some reviews had suggested. The first time you "dig into it", it does go on creamy. But in my experience, if you try to take some product out of the place you've previously taken it, the application will not be as smooth and creamy. I've overcome this by scooping up more product and really pressing my eye-liner pencil deeper into the jar.

Pros: it is long-lasting.
Con: by the end of the day, the intensity of the look (ie if you had gone for a darker look achieved by not smudging the liner) had worn off and was not as intense.

Verdict: I prefer liquid liners. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I first bought this when BB were the only gel liners on the market, or at least the most popular ones. Back then I haven't heard of others, it was around 9-10 years ago. Point is, since then many brands came out with gel liners, I tried some (remember MAC in particular, smudged and faded really fast on me), and haven't found anything I liked as much this. Quality is great, easy to apply, really is long lasting, doesn't smudge or fade throughout the day, and Sepia is the perfect color for me, I don't like black liners, too harsh for my light coloring, and don't like many brown shades because they are too warm and make whites of my eyes look yellowish. Sepia is dark enough to be a good substitute for black, and doesn't look brown or warm. Versatile, goes with all the shades of eye shadow that black would. Great basic color. For tightlining with it I use Laura Mercier Push Brush, and for lining on top of the lid MAC #209 or Paula Dorf angled.

Pot lasts forever (very pigmented, little needed) and doesn't dry out (not in my experience anyway; I never leave the lid off, close it very tightly, and keep this, along with all my other cream make up products in the fridge). I repurchased it only once so far (but to be fair I haven't used this every single day, more like 3-4 days a week, and some weeks not at all).

This brown is great for hazel eyes. Smooth application and long-wearing. I wear it with Bobbi Brown bone, champagne, and rose gold shadows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Got bored of the black one so I got this one. Texture is very different to the "black ink" gel liner, this is more stiff and less "runny" compared to the black one. Which I like, because then the brush doesn't pick up too much product.
Easy to apply, I use it on my waterline and my eyes are ok. It does have a tendency to smudge and slowly just disappear though, but the colour is great and I wear it daily.
Lasts forever, it'll probably dry out before I finish the whole pot.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is by far the best eyeliner I have ever used. I'm a swimmer and it lasts through an entire day of work/school and then through swim practice afterward. You would think that since it lasts so long it would be tough to remove, but it's not! Comes off easily with Almay eyemakeup remover. This stuff is genius.

It seems expensive, but one tiny jar will honestly last a year (even for someone like me, who is quite heavy-handed with eyeliner). Worth the money.

I got mine as a set (black and brown) as a gift. I was so disappointed with the brown - it's not pigmented, doesn't have much staying power, and most importantly, fails completely on my waterline (what I got it for in the first place). I know BB gel liners are formulated to work on the waterline but for some reason, once my gel liner dries and sets, it starts flaking like mad and hurting my poor eyes. This happened when I first opened it, a few weeks and even months later so I'm pretty sure it's not a dried out/product aging issue. Maybe I got a dud set, maybe the formula just isn't for me - either way, this definitely did not live up to it's HG hyped status. The only pros are that it's very smooth and the packaging is nice. I've moved on the liquid liner which is much quicker and pigmented. Less messy too since I don't need to clean the brush after every single use. Definitely won't repurchase again.