Lancome Definicils Precious Cells Mascara

3.8

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever tried! The volume and length I get from it is unbelievable. It feels very creamy and doesn't get crunchy or flaky. Sometimes you have to comb your lashes after applying to separate them a bit, but other than that it's perfect.

on 1/21/2012 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is okay, I guess. I personally don’t think this mascara is worth $34.00 CAD. I do find that this mascara flakes a bit when I do put many layers of this product on. This mascara does not hold a curl very well, and does not thicken my lashes as much as I would like (I have short, thin, non-existent Asian lashes). However, I do really enjoy the brush of this mascara. It coats all of my lashes evenly and does a great job of coating all of my lower lashes too! It does have a light rose scent that I do not mind at all. I’m not sure of repurchasing at the moment, but it is a thing that I would like to keep in my makeup collection.

on 10/22/2011 1:54:00 PM

I had never tried Lancome mascara before buying Definicils Precious Cells, but I decided to try it after seeing a commercial. I condition my hair, so why not my lashes? I bought it ($34 CDN), died a little on the inside for forsaking my student budget, and put it on. I like how much coverage you get on the first coat. This mascara tends to be on the less dramatic side, but everyone needs a daytime mascara, right? The scent is pleasant, and smells lightly of roses. As for defining my lashes...well, it was a bit clumpy going on. I definitely needed to do some adjustments with a lash comb. What this mascara was REALLY good at defining was the fine lines under my eyes! This mascara flakes and smudges like no one's business. :( I would have to run and do a check every couple of hours, removing my concealer in the process! I'd never buy this again. I guess I'm still on the hunt for a mascara that won't flake on me. : /

on 10/12/2011 5:18:00 PM

This mascara looks great on the ads but it just doesn't cut it. The smell is horrific and it burns like crazy if the wand comes too close to the eye. I've used many mascaras and this was a definite disappointment. It makes my lashes blacker but does nothing else.

on 10/12/2011 3:49:00 AM

What I find impressive about this mascara, is that it doesnīt flake AT ALL the whole day. It stays put, and doesnīt leave tiny black traces underneath my eyes. Yesterday I even walked through the rain for 10minutes, and even though itīs not waterproof, it didnīt run or smear. In the evening though, itīs easy to remove with my cleansing oil, no trace left behind, without much rubbing or scrubbing. It terms of the look, itīs also nice. It makes my lashes longer and more voluminous and very black. Itīs unfortunately not such a beautiful false-lashes-look I get with the Lash Queen mascara, but itīs not too natural (boring) either. I consider it a nice medium between natural and all-out lashes. Suits a toned down day look as well as a more dramatic evening look, in my opinion. It doesnīt do such a great job when it comes to separating the lashes though, it can get a bit clumpy if Iīm not careful while applying. All in all, great mascara.

on 10/10/2011 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

i bought mine couple months back i noticed dramatic increase in the longevity of my lash growth cycle because of that it allowed my lashes to grow longer. I have very dark lashes but i still want them to appear longer and this mascara does the job. I like the natural look. most mascara should be doing that * NOTE LADIES THIS MASCARA GIVES A NATURAL LOOK WHICH IS GOOD. BECAUSE MANY WOMEN TODAY ARE OVER DOING IT WITH MAKE-UP. Make-up is suppose to enhance your features not mask everything and make everything look unnatural.

on 10/8/2011 8:05:00 PM

Love the regular Definicils mascara, but did not like this one at all. I got this instead of the regular and am very disappointed with Lancome on this one. It does not lengthen like the regular mascara, but my biggest complaint is that it smudges by mid morning. That means that I get smeared mascara under the eyes by 10! The regular Definicils lasted ALL day, even when I managed in a hot and steamy kitchen! This formula also was chunky going on and flaked off in my eyes within the first couple of hours! I would not even pay $5 for this.

on 8/15/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Not a terrible mascara but I prob wouldn't buy again.

Pros; Lasts all day without flaking or smudging. Don't need a mascara primer with this one so saves me a step and not as pricey when I consider that. Easy to come by. Natural look but some might consider that a con.

Cons: Expensive. Wet application. Removes curl before it dries. Supposed to condition but I didn't see anything like that on my lashes.

on 5/30/2011 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product, although it isn't the perfect one. It takes time to put this mascara on because I find that you have to layer it in order to achieve dark, lengthy lashes. Otherwise it gives a very natural look since it doesn't add much darkness, length, volume, etc. It does not clump nor smudge on me throughout the day either. I wish it gave a little more volume, but it's good enough. It's the only tube of mascara I've ever repurchased because of how much I love the end result. Supposedly this mascara also helps your real lashes, but I'm not sure about that because I haven't seen a noticeable difference. It doesn't really matter to me though, I've grown to love this mascara.

I recently bought this at Macys in one of their newest colors, Plum Glitter. Though you can't really tell the color when it's on my lashes, I prefer it for work than black or brown. It gives a very natural look (my lashes are pretty long anyway, especially my bottom lashes) but also very polished. Great for people with glasses, I find.
I made sure to get the Precious Cells because of the claim of "restoring your lashes". I didn't really believe the claim, but gave it a try. I was so wrong! I've noticed a major difference in my lashes since starting to use it. They seem fuller and a bit longer. Their beautiful! I will for sure be repurchasing~ <3 (Now if only they could make a waterproof version...)

Top Rated Lancome Products