Cetaphil Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer with SPF 50

2.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ok, I totally understand how people complain about the greasiness of this. It is EXTREMELY greasy at first. But, having worked in a Dermatologist's office, I got tons of samples and found a trick. I slather about a quarter-sized amount onto my freshly-washed face. Sometimes I use a half-dollar amount, depending on how dry my skin is. It's on my face thick enough to see the white of the product. I leave it on for 5 minutes and right before I am about to wash my face, I massage my face for about a minute to make sure my skin really soaks in there. Then, I take a washloth and drench it with water, wringing out the rest. Pop in the the microwave for about 30 seconds, take it out, make sure the steam gets out, place that on your face and leave it there until it isn't hot anymore (about 30 seconds or less), and in one swoop, wipe off the excess. Now, I know this is a bit of a process for a moisturizer, but TRY IT. My skin has never felt softer and more fresh than when I do this. It's like a little spa treatment every morning. Now, some may argue that this wastes product, and I understand where you're coming from, but like I said, I have a lot of it and the tube lasts a long time regardless of how much I squeeze out. As long as you let it sit and massage it in, you're getting what you need. The steam from the washcloth opens your pores so your skin just drinks it in. Love it!

Too oily. I love cetaphil but this product is just way too oily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I absolutely hate the way this product feels and looks on my face. It's super greasy and just feels disgusting on my face. I've tried covering it with a light dusting out powder to try and absorb some of the greasiness, but that doesn't help very much. I definitely won't be repurchasing this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I been using this product for a month and I thought it was okay at first and then I started resenting it. I have dry to normal skin and I found this product to be really greasy on my skin. I would wait half hour to 45 minutes on my face before applying foundation, and yet I still found my skin looking greasy and oily. Even though it says on the package non greasy. False advertisement I would say. I would not recommend this product to anyone and I wouldn't rebuy it. :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Purchased as I need a high SPF daily, but am not willing to spend on some higher end brands. This product did not seem to sink into the skin completely. Shortly after application, face looks oily. Unfortunately I wore it the whole day, and my face was literally shining. Have tried again setting with powders, and using blotting powders throughout the day, but that did not help. Will not continue to use. Try to use up for sunscreen on other parts of the body.

If you are looking for a high SPF face product, I recommend MAC's Prep + Prime SPF 50

Ok, first of all I bought this moisturizer for the spf 50 because well I want to start to take care of my skin with the texas weather that tends to be very hot/dry...I find this moisture to be heavy and greasy not good if you have a t-zone, which I have! :( In a couple of hours my whole t-zone gets very greasy although i do love the spf 50. Now the price for this moisturer is around 15-16 bucks but look out for coupons inside the box!
**update
Since I've been using this moisturer it has really helped my skin, I don't have dry patches around my mouth area. :D (i have eczema) :( My face being a little greasy is a small price to pay... So I guess I have to find a really good foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This moisturizer is not at all what I expected it to be; it makes your skin very greasy-looking, even after one hour of waiting to see if my skin would kind of soak the product up. I've used the Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser as well as their Gentle Skin Cleanser; they're both okay but did not show a big difference in my skin quality.

I picked up this moisturizer, of course, for the fact that it was an SPF of 50 which is rare to see, especially for a drugstore moisturizer. I think it was about $15 on sale and it was going to give me shopping points, so I decided to just try it out and see if I like it or not.
To be completely honest, it is not the worst moisturizer I've ever used; it doesn't feel very heavy on your skin and is very gentle for sensitive skin, as is all Cetaphil products. The only complaint I have about it is that it definitely does make your face look greasy and it accentuates your pores. Even if you wait for about an hour, the greasy-look on your skin will still be there unless you put makeup over it. It also creates that white-pasty cast on your face.

I say do not buy this product, only because it is in the price range of $15 - $25 and you don't want to waste you money on something that will make you look greasy. You might as well use a normal sunscreen on your face.

I like the easy to use pump on this little tube, which is handy for your purse, and to have at the ready for those ultra sunny days. Overall, I like this lotion well enough, except my biggest problem with this, is the heavy and overly emollient feel of the product on my skin. A few of the other reviewers are right, this is not one to get near the eyes and I have melasma under the eyes, which is exacerbated if I don't protect that area. So, I h ave to use a sunscreen under my eyes. Another problem is that I felt this made my skin feel too greasy and oily after about forty mins. after application. However, it is a good product to use anywhere other than my face, so I will go ahead and use up the tube. Wouldn't buy again though, for the two reasons named above.

This lotion is, hands down, the best one i have tried yet. It is the first one i have tried that hasnt made me break out! combined with the cetaphil cleansing bar, my acne is clearing up dramatically! ive been using these 2 for less than a week and my face is looking much better. it was a little pricy for the size of the tube, but still $15 is not bad at all, especially when you look at the amazing results.
i generally use 1-1.5 pumps in the morning when im going to use makeup. i give it time to absorb while i do my hair though because it is a bit slow to absorb, not a big deal though. if im not doing makeup though (at night/my day off) i do 2 full pumps because i have fairly dry skin.
so despite the time it takes to absorb, it is definitely to absolute best moisturizer i have EVER used!

I don't normally write reviews, but I had to with this one! I am flabbergasted at all the bad reviews for this one. I personally love it. I can use it without any moisturizer beforehand, and it gives my skin this nice glow. I know people say they find this extremely greasy, but I really do think they are loading it on somehow. I use only what I need, and even though it does get a TAD shiny, I find every single SPF product I've tried does this on my skin. Plus, because I usually always wear makeup (usually my MMU) I don't notice the shine after that.

I guess there's lots of different opinions of this moisturizer, but I love it. I'm a huge fan of Cetaphil, and other than the moisturizing lotion, there is not one product I dislike! Plus, there are many celebrities out there who are huge fans of Cetaphil as well, and since they have the money to use practically any product out there, it just goes to show how well Cetaphil can work for some people!