November 25, 2014 | 1798 users online

Eyeliner - Tarte - EmphasEYES waterproof clay eye shadow & liner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by albs

I could not get this to work for me at all. Regardless of the brush I used with it I got a very thick and unattractive line on my eyelid that was just no good. I've tried to use it many times and each time have simply had to remove it. I've tried lining my upper water line with this but it doesn't stay- definitely not waterproof. I'll probably end up throwing it out soon, unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

THIS IS MY FAVORITE LINER EVER. I really love the smooth look of liquid liners, but they can be hard to apply. This is the perfect inbetween. It's not a liquid or a pencil. It glides on so smoothly with the provided brush. It doesn't smudge and it stays forever!! It is the blackest black and looks amazing. It's not for beginners though, because you have to have a steady hand to apply it evenly. My only complaint is that after a few weeks it tends to dry out. It's not really dry though and you can add a little water to it. It's still usable and looks amazing. I have bought this 2 or 3 times despite the hefty price because it lasts a really long time and looks beautiful! would recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by laurasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is currently my favorite go to eyeliner. It's very creamy and easy to apply and it does not budge. I have black, bronze and my latest is green. This morning I used it as a shadow base like the Maybelline color tattoos and put a pretty shadow over it....awesome look! The brush you get with it is a really good brush too. One end lines and the other smudges. I can't say enough good things about this liner.

Upon closer inspection, this liner, as beautiful as it is, does not last all day. I don't know where it goes but it disappears. Very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product. I found it to be less creamy than most gel liners and it tugged a lot, so I couldn't get a smooth line. I ended up returning it. I thought the staying power was decent. It also irritated my lids. If you are prone to contact allergies, the sales people at Sephora keep referring you to "natural" products and Tarte is one. But their eye products may not work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by teukbook

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I haven't tried MAC or UD cream liners but I have tried almost every drugstore brand and MUFE. This is the absolute best for me. It has a slightly drier (like...clay?) consistency but is still very smooth. I'm not very skilled with eyeliner but I can always do a perfect job with this product because it is a little bit thicker. It is SUPER pigmented and an absolutely gorgeous black. The included brush is great for the smudging end, but I tend to use my bent liner brush from Coastal Scents to apply. It's hard wearing, too. Pencil and liquid liners can't stay on my lower lid for more than a minute because my eyes water a lot. This stuff still looks great when any other eyeliner product would have settled onto my cheeks. Although I'm tempted to try other gel liner products, I might stick with Tarte just because I know it works so well for my lids.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had very high hopes for this liner, but it was a total bust for me. The brush that it comes with is actually quite nice, and you can get a line that is very similar to liquid with the brush. However, the formula might be somewhat water resistant, but it is NOT waterproof; also, it is incredibly runny when it comes in contact with any type of oil. I don't have very oily eyelids, but as the day goes on a little bit of oil can collect near the outer corners of my eyes. This eyeliner ran MUCH more than any other liner I have tried, be it pencil, liquid, or gel. It is very black and pigmented, so it was very obvious that it ran. It also transferred from my upper lid to my lower lashline as the day wore on. I have had decent luck with both Inglot and L'Oreal's gel liners, and moderate luck with some other brands, but Tarte's has unfortunately been the worst one I have tried to date. In general, I love the brand Tarte, but their gel liner really is sub-par if you have even the slightest tendency toward oily lids. It gets 2 lippies for the brush though, that thing is amazing, and since I returned the liner to Sephora, I now have to find a similar one that I can buy separately.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by mkb1225

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: Great consistency, creamy (when new), easy to apply, great fine brush/smudger, can create thin or thick lines with ease - no skill necessary

Cons: For what it costs, dries out too quickly! When product is dry, it loses all of its usability.

Bought this in the brown, black, and coppery shade. The Sephora MUA told me that if it gets dry to just whip it up with a toothpick and it will get back to normal. Apparently that is one of the qualities of the Amazonian clay. I've had these liners for one year and I've had to whip them up several times. Each time there is a significant loss of product on the toothpick and the consistency still isn't what it originally was.

Wish they made this in smaller quantities because the new product is fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This eyeliner is not the best gel liner I've ever had. I like it, but it's just not waterproof at all. I got this in a Tarte set at Ulta (and got charged an extra $13- kinda pissed off about that, so I set the bar really high so this set will be worth the extra $13) with some other Emphaseyes stuff. The thing is with this eyeliner, it's extremely pigmented and extremely smooth- a little too smooth to control. Not like runny smooth, but...it basically picks up like butter and once you put it on it absolutely screams "BLACK!!". In a way, that is good because who doesn't love pigmentation, but it is really hard to control and make thin strokes with because it practically melts. If you're one who likes subtle eyeliner looks, you may wanna stay away from this product! The staying power is really good (not in water, though- I do synchronized swimming, and this stuff comes off in 30 seconds), but the thing is, when you try to take it off it smudges all over your face- and stays there. Basically it looks like you got a black eye. That is extremely frustrating! Also, the liner itself does not come with much product. It is a tiny dime-sized disk that sells for around $20. Talk about a rip off. Overall, I would not get this again- it's usable and looks great, just hard to control.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by PixiewithSticks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I bought this product in a sampler pack to try more natural products, I wasn't expecting the same as Urban Decay products or anything but at the same time, I found this eyeliner to be a let down. The product does produce a nice buildable line like a liquid, but it's easier to work with than many liquids. It makes a cat eye super simple to pull off and is also nice for tightlining. The pot is heavy and fits nicely into the hands as well. Unlike some other cream eyeliners I've used in the past, the product doesn't seem to be temperature sensitive as Ive not had any problems using this product in the middle of winter when my bathroom is cold or during the summer. However, this product doesn't stay on my eyes well. It seems to wear off after three or four hours. In the summer this wear time decreased even more. I don't mind reapplying lipstick midday but I don't want to have to mess with eyeliner! The only way I could get it to wear longer is to really cake it on and make a more bold line - which then the product didn't seem to 'set" on my skin and was smudge-able for the entire evening.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the bronze color it came in a kit I bought and I just recently bought the blue one I haven't tried it yet so I can't say anything about it but I do love the bronze. Its soft seems to last all day on me its pigmented and is a great alternative to black and best of all its 100% organic so there's no bad stuff in it so it's healthy for your skin. I definitely feel I'll be rebuying this even with the high price tag. Its originally $22, there's a LE kit that's $25 comes with the bronze liner brush mascara and a lip chubby stick.