Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner with Double-Ended Brush

3.6

Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Isododecane, Polybutene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/ Exadecane Copolymer, Ozokerite, Candelilla Cera, Silica, Kaolin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 8/16/2014 10:54:00 PM

I went into Sephora with the intention of purchasing the YSL gel eyeliner. But a sales associate recommended the Limited edition version of this eyeliner (its the same formula)
That one does not come with a brush, so I don't have an opinion on the brush, but this is one of the best liners I've had.

Makeup Forever liquid eyeliners are great, but its a pain removing them and it sometimes chips into my eyes and create allergies.
This liner is great because its potentially less irritating to the eyes.

Pigmentation is great for both Bronze and black color. The texture is very smooth and creamy for a gel liner, so its not very hard to draw a smooth line. but its not too creamy to show off as transparent.
It also sets at just the right time. I have some time before it sets to remove any mistake with a cotton swab, but it doesn't move or smudge when I'm done with the entire line.

I have not tried this without a primer, but this truly last the whole day on my Asian eyes. my eyes also get watery often but this withstood even the tears.

I use Clinique's eye makeup remover and I was able to remove it very easily.
I would definitely repurchase

on 8/9/2014 10:29:00 PM

I think this eyeliner is fantastic because it simplifies the process of lining the eyes by a million times. I use the brush that came with it and it really does a good job of getting close to the lashline. I use the fine end for applying the gel liner and the thicker end for smudging and blending. I think this is the trick to using this liner and making it last. As far as waterproof goes, I managed to rub some liner off while scratching my eye, but I am content with the performance during the day.

on 11/4/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After searching for the perfect gel eyeliner, I broke down and tried Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Clay Eye Shadow & Liner (I did not think this was an eyeshadow until I wrote this review - nor would I ever use it for that).

I really really liked this liner. I was skeptical about the liner brush that it came with, but I ended up really liking it (not as much as the L'Oreal gel pot - review to come). I love how smooth the gel glides on, it is really easy to control the intensity, length and shape of the line (think cat eye).

I found this liner to be long lasting. It didn't fade throughout the day, which is a bonus. I also used this to line the inside of my lash line (very carefully).

I did like the product, but I'm not sure if I'd purchase again - Just because there are so many other gel liners to explore (at a far cheaper price).

on 8/20/2013 7:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really liked the bronze one I got in the set. I use it on minimal makeup days with brown mascara and the tiny shimmer adds a little something to the look. Makes my blue/grey eyes pop.

on 7/20/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Got this with the set and never used again after one time.. The one that i got has glitters and i dont like that in my gel liners.. Maybe i'll use it on a girls night out or something

on 6/13/2013 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Loves this eyeliner. I use it with my MAC 208 brush and the color glides smoothly when i tightline near my eyelashes. I got two of the color, black and brown. The best time, it did not smudge and lasts whole day. I had to thoroughly remove it with makeup remover at night.

on 3/3/2013 12:24:00 PM

I could not get this to work for me at all. Regardless of the brush I used with it I got a very thick and unattractive line on my eyelid that was just no good. I've tried to use it many times and each time have simply had to remove it. I've tried lining my upper water line with this but it doesn't stay- definitely not waterproof. I'll probably end up throwing it out soon, unfortunately.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE LINER EVER. I really love the smooth look of liquid liners, but they can be hard to apply. This is the perfect inbetween. It's not a liquid or a pencil. It glides on so smoothly with the provided brush. It doesn't smudge and it stays forever!! It is the blackest black and looks amazing. It's not for beginners though, because you have to have a steady hand to apply it evenly. My only complaint is that after a few weeks it tends to dry out. It's not really dry though and you can add a little water to it. It's still usable and looks amazing. I have bought this 2 or 3 times despite the hefty price because it lasts a really long time and looks beautiful! would recommend!

on 2/20/2013 6:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is currently my favorite go to eyeliner. It's very creamy and easy to apply and it does not budge. I have black, bronze and my latest is green. This morning I used it as a shadow base like the Maybelline color tattoos and put a pretty shadow over it....awesome look! The brush you get with it is a really good brush too. One end lines and the other smudges. I can't say enough good things about this liner.

Upon closer inspection, this liner, as beautiful as it is, does not last all day. I don't know where it goes but it disappears. Very disappointed.

on 1/26/2013 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I didn't like this product. I found it to be less creamy than most gel liners and it tugged a lot, so I couldn't get a smooth line. I ended up returning it. I thought the staying power was decent. It also irritated my lids. If you are prone to contact allergies, the sales people at Sephora keep referring you to "natural" products and Tarte is one. But their eye products may not work for you.