Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner with Double-Ended Brush

3.6

Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Isododecane, Polybutene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/ Exadecane Copolymer, Ozokerite, Candelilla Cera, Silica, Kaolin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 8/20/2013 7:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really liked the bronze one I got in the set. I use it on minimal makeup days with brown mascara and the tiny shimmer adds a little something to the look. Makes my blue/grey eyes pop.

on 7/20/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Got this with the set and never used again after one time.. The one that i got has glitters and i dont like that in my gel liners.. Maybe i'll use it on a girls night out or something

on 6/13/2013 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Loves this eyeliner. I use it with my MAC 208 brush and the color glides smoothly when i tightline near my eyelashes. I got two of the color, black and brown. The best time, it did not smudge and lasts whole day. I had to thoroughly remove it with makeup remover at night.

on 3/3/2013 12:24:00 PM

I could not get this to work for me at all. Regardless of the brush I used with it I got a very thick and unattractive line on my eyelid that was just no good. I've tried to use it many times and each time have simply had to remove it. I've tried lining my upper water line with this but it doesn't stay- definitely not waterproof. I'll probably end up throwing it out soon, unfortunately.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE LINER EVER. I really love the smooth look of liquid liners, but they can be hard to apply. This is the perfect inbetween. It's not a liquid or a pencil. It glides on so smoothly with the provided brush. It doesn't smudge and it stays forever!! It is the blackest black and looks amazing. It's not for beginners though, because you have to have a steady hand to apply it evenly. My only complaint is that after a few weeks it tends to dry out. It's not really dry though and you can add a little water to it. It's still usable and looks amazing. I have bought this 2 or 3 times despite the hefty price because it lasts a really long time and looks beautiful! would recommend!

on 2/20/2013 6:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is currently my favorite go to eyeliner. It's very creamy and easy to apply and it does not budge. I have black, bronze and my latest is green. This morning I used it as a shadow base like the Maybelline color tattoos and put a pretty shadow over it....awesome look! The brush you get with it is a really good brush too. One end lines and the other smudges. I can't say enough good things about this liner.

Upon closer inspection, this liner, as beautiful as it is, does not last all day. I don't know where it goes but it disappears. Very disappointed.

on 1/26/2013 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I didn't like this product. I found it to be less creamy than most gel liners and it tugged a lot, so I couldn't get a smooth line. I ended up returning it. I thought the staying power was decent. It also irritated my lids. If you are prone to contact allergies, the sales people at Sephora keep referring you to "natural" products and Tarte is one. But their eye products may not work for you.

on 1/2/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I haven't tried MAC or UD cream liners but I have tried almost every drugstore brand and MUFE. This is the absolute best for me. It has a slightly drier (like...clay?) consistency but is still very smooth. I'm not very skilled with eyeliner but I can always do a perfect job with this product because it is a little bit thicker. It is SUPER pigmented and an absolutely gorgeous black. The included brush is great for the smudging end, but I tend to use my bent liner brush from Coastal Scents to apply. It's hard wearing, too. Pencil and liquid liners can't stay on my lower lid for more than a minute because my eyes water a lot. This stuff still looks great when any other eyeliner product would have settled onto my cheeks. Although I'm tempted to try other gel liner products, I might stick with Tarte just because I know it works so well for my lids.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had very high hopes for this liner, but it was a total bust for me. The brush that it comes with is actually quite nice, and you can get a line that is very similar to liquid with the brush. However, the formula might be somewhat water resistant, but it is NOT waterproof; also, it is incredibly runny when it comes in contact with any type of oil. I don't have very oily eyelids, but as the day goes on a little bit of oil can collect near the outer corners of my eyes. This eyeliner ran MUCH more than any other liner I have tried, be it pencil, liquid, or gel. It is very black and pigmented, so it was very obvious that it ran. It also transferred from my upper lid to my lower lashline as the day wore on. I have had decent luck with both Inglot and L'Oreal's gel liners, and moderate luck with some other brands, but Tarte's has unfortunately been the worst one I have tried to date. In general, I love the brand Tarte, but their gel liner really is sub-par if you have even the slightest tendency toward oily lids. It gets 2 lippies for the brush though, that thing is amazing, and since I returned the liner to Sephora, I now have to find a similar one that I can buy separately.

on 12/24/2012 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: Great consistency, creamy (when new), easy to apply, great fine brush/smudger, can create thin or thick lines with ease - no skill necessary

Cons: For what it costs, dries out too quickly! When product is dry, it loses all of its usability.

Bought this in the brown, black, and coppery shade. The Sephora MUA told me that if it gets dry to just whip it up with a toothpick and it will get back to normal. Apparently that is one of the qualities of the Amazonian clay. I've had these liners for one year and I've had to whip them up several times. Each time there is a significant loss of product on the toothpick and the consistency still isn't what it originally was.

Wish they made this in smaller quantities because the new product is fantastic.