October 24, 2014 | 856 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have these in Crave (hot pink), Passion (berry fushcia), and Forbidden (brick red). I actually like them, the color is intense and lasts for a couple hours with NO transfer, and the balm leaves just enough shine and softness to combat the drying effect of the stain. The marker tip allows for precise application and you can layer on the color for your preferred intensity. I take a minute or two to let each layer dry before applying another so I can ensure it applies evenly. As long as my lips are bare and moist, the stain goes on just fine. I LOVE that this lets me rock a bold lip that's totally weightless and smear-proof. My favorite shade of the three is Crave. Passion is probably better for a lighter complexion as it fades very bright (kool-aid stain mouth) and Forbidden is slightly vampy. I like to go with a more matte balm over Forbiden for a toned down look. The marker tip could be softer and gets more difficult to work with as it dries out. While I'm not a big fan of the packaging, I haven't had any broken balm tips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

I have this in Lust, which is a lovely, warm reddish-brown. I love the color, and the staying power is great...but, as other reviewers have mentioned, you absolutely cannot put this on your lips if they're even the tiniest bit flaky. It's also fairly drying in itself. And yeah, the balm side breaks off, and it feels more greasy than moisturizing. Will use up since I love the color, but not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have Dawn, a kind of reddish, pinky nude (hard to describe, and it is darker than the actual tube) and Gothic (a fairly dark red). These do accentuate dry patches, but then you can use the balm end and it will be okay. The color payoff is good and lasts a fairly good while as long as you don't eat or drink. It is pretty streaky though, but that could just be me. And the balm is kind of waxy... I have also heard of and witnessed the balm ends breaking off (mine haven't ...yet...). I probably won't repurchase as the Just Bitten Kissable balm stains look like something I will love (I will probably get a few of those when these run out or something), and for a traditional lip stain, I actually like my CoverGirl ones.
P.S.- Avoid shaking these too hard, because I stupidly did and the liquid sprayed everywhere, so now there's not much left in my tube... It's kind of common sense, but the markers do dry out quite a bit so I was just trying to get the product to come out. Whoops.
P.P.S.- I wore Gothic the other day for the first time in a while, and maybe I applied too much, but it got really weird and gloppy on my lips. Not sure why this happened. Maybe it was just me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by dangsusiQ

I found shades of these that i really loved and they looked wonderful on me. The marker felt tip makes the application easy to line the lips then fill it in. I recommend moisturizing your lips with some sort of balm or chapstick before applying these. It is quite drying after some time and then it tends to flake off after a days wear or eating/drinking making it look spotty and blotchy.
I'd say its either a hit or a miss. I dont like the balm that comes with this. I'd suggest usng your own. EOS!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by CaitlinT

I tried this and did not like it at all. The stain is drying, does not go on evenly, and the marker-type applicator does not feel or smell nice. It smells like a marker and felt weird. I exchanged it for the newer version of this product, which is a "balm stain" in one, and is shaped like a jumbo crayon. Same price, but it's a wayyyy better product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Lilil95

The last SO long even after eating or drinking! But some of the colors aren't very pigmented. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by detritus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ugh. I've never found a marker type lipstain that actually worked well, but this one is especially bad. The stain really dried out my lips, which made it look splotchy and uneven after a few days of use. The marker also dried up pretty quickly. The balm wasn't even that great.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by happyisbeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didnt really like this! The lipstain part was so small that it made applying it really uneven. I got the one in Dawn and the color was much darker than the outside appearance of the tube. The balm part is genius - but it fell off. My sister also had one of these and her balm fell off as well. :( Sad. Anyways, I don't use mine much but when I do its with a Nivea lip balm.

Eh! Nothing I absolutely hate but I expected to like it a lot more.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are great alone or as a base for lipsticks or glosses so that your lips always have color. The light pink color "Desire" is a dead ringer for Dior Lip Glow (on me at least), the only difference is that you need a mirror to use the stain (so I tend to use it before I leave the house). The balm end is too soft and breaks off easily. It's a nice balm, it just does better in a pot given its texture if you want to be bothered repotting it. Overall, I find this product pretty useful!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lapislazuli17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love Revlon lipstains. I find they work best and go on more evenly when you gently exfoliate your lips with sugar to remove any dead/dry skin and then apply a healing balm as a base. After doing this and you apply this product it is matte, velvety-looking, and gorgeous.