Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Face Primer

3.7

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate Glyceryl Stearate, Propanediol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Alcohol, Glycerin, Phenoxethanol, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limonene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Glycophingolipids, Hordeum Vulfare Extract, Tocopherol, Spilanthes Acmella FLower Extract, Sodium Hyaularonate, Sodium Phytate, Silica Dimethyl Siliyate, Glyceryl Oleate, Quercetin Caprylate, Quercus Robur Bark Extrack, Citral, Linalool.

on 6/27/2013 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have only used this twice and I am already in love!
I have been using the original silicon-free face primer and was loving that, but I found it wasn't working very well with any of the mineral makeup I have (mostly Joppa Minerals, but that's a whole other story).

I had also wanted to try this because I have dry skin (very acne prone, but very dry, annoying >.>) and I find that anything that is anti-aging is usually going to help put back some internal moisture and stop early fine lines, some of which I already have.

I bought a 10ml sample size from eBay, and I think I like this better than just the original primer formula.
A lot of people said they experienced the 'balling up' effect, this hasn't happened with me and never really happens with primers, usually if it does I find it is because I haven't exfoliated properly.
It goes on nice and smooth, and doesn't really have much of a scent, I'd say if anything it is slightly citrus scented. I was thinking about it this morning, it's almost like lemon jello.

So far this hasn't irritated me at all, and my skin will usually act up immediately (i.e. 5 - 20 minuted within application) if it is 'disturbed' by a product.
It definitely extends the life of my foundation, without a doubt, and I absolutely love the finish it gives my skin - 'semi-dewy', non-artificial looking natural skin kind of glow.

So far the only con is that the product isn't very available, I have to search through eBay and pay pretty unreasonable postage costs to get it (born and bred Australian here).
Even so, I'd definitely repurchase!

on 5/31/2013 11:33:00 PM

In theory, I loved the idea of this product. I have oily skin and large pores, so I love wearing primer under my foundation to help improve the appearance of my skin and make my makeup last much longer. Unfortunately, so many primers are loaded with silicone, and make me break our HORRIBLY. As a result many cult classics, like benefit porefessional, smashbox photofinish, etc, just dont work for me. I love the Hourglass mineral primer, but its nearly twice as much as this primer, so I thought I'd try a sample of this to see if it was a more affordable alternative.

When I first put this on, I loved the smooth, lotion like texture, but it started to lightly burn and tingle my skin. I probably should've taken that as a warning sign, but I ignored it and put on the rest of my makeup, and went about my day. That night when I took off my makeup, my skin was red, blotchy, and covered in rash like bumps. Thankfully no pimples, but my skin is clearly pissed off. I do not have sensitive skin AT ALL, and have never experienced this with a product before. So strange for a product claiming to be a better, natural alternative, but I simply cannot recommend this!

on 5/5/2013 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Korres makes products that are truly gentle to your skin. I would only consider this primer with Korres Foundation. Otherwise why bother. If you are looking for a primer to correct your skin tone, make your foundation last or keep the color even across your face, this just will not do. But it will make the Korres foundation last a tiny bit longer and benefit your dry skin. See the Foundation review to understand what I mean. This primer is not your typical primer.

No Cones, NO Sulfates NO Fragrances, No Dyes, NO Petro Chemicals to clog pores, No Sulfates, No... not sure but I know the list is long. And NO it does not work. It means it is not going to work the way you might imagine a primer to work. It is not going to color correct or fill in fine lines. It is not going to provide a base for the makeup but rather is is going to provide a healthy base that any good moisturizer should do. Your makeup is not going to last longer with this primer. There was no difference using this prior to foundation. I think it definitely makes my skin feel better. I have dry, sensitive, roaseac and acne scarred skin. My skin needs something gentle and this is definitely an option.

Will this primer work with other foundations? I tried it with ELDW, Clarins and Revlon... Nothing! It did nothing special. If your goal is to go natural and no cones this will be great and you will love it with the Korres foundations.

What will this primer do? It is not going to make your make up last longer but it will make your skin feel and look better over time. Is it worth it? I would save your money and use it toward a super moisturizer, BB cream or serum. Get a sample from Ulta or Sephora and see for yourself. You might find you love it. I found it did nothing a good sunscreen couldn't do.

An extremely overpriced moisturizer (around $70) than pills up and does not make makeup go on any smoother. Actually it makes application worse due to the pilling.
I tried it on my eyes and that didn't do a thing either!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I, like some other reviewers, was skeptical about this product because I have combination skin. I received this as a gift. Normally, I don't buy primers if they don't have sunscreen, as I prefer eliminating steps in my make up routine if possible. However, I was pleasently surprised. I have been doing many peels on my face to help reduce acne scarring I have. This primer gives moisture back to my face and helps it feels balanced. I am really enjoying it for the winter. I might skip this if you have any sort of oily skin in the summer though.

on 1/13/2013 3:12:00 AM

I have combination oily skin. I was a bit skeptical of trying this product. I read a lot of reviews saying it was like a moisturizer etc. I had to give it a try because my skin always acts up on silicon primers. I can honestly say I love this primer! I use it in combination with korres mineral makeup. It's the best primer ever. Even though I have oily skin I find that it works perfect . I apply a really, really small amount. It makes my skin smooth and my makeup literally looks fresh the whole day. I use tarte's maracuja concealer. It's so creamy and I find that it will never really set or last all day. When I applied this primer, the concealer lasted all day. I am impressed with this primer. My holy grail !

on 12/31/2012 3:42:00 PM

I love this primer. It's very hydrating and seems to help with any
fine lines and smoothes over any enlarged pores. I think that it's vital for any adult whether they are young or older to take proper pre-measures to protect and maintain their skin. Just because you are in your twenties doesn't mean you aren't prone to exposure from environmental stresses, like poor air quality. That is why some of us use ANTI-AGING products is to possibly slow down the signs of aging from the physical stand-point.

on 12/5/2012 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Its just okay. Did not notice any anti aging benefits at all. Like my LM primer much better for a smooth look. Was wondering why people in their late teens and early 20's use anti aging items and review them? Any one looking to find an anti aging product isn't going to take those reviews seriously. It is comical. My suggestion to those in that age group is stay out of the sun and tanning beds and use a good sun block 24/7 and you won't need anti aging products in the near future.

on 9/25/2012 2:39:00 PM

Pros: this smells WONDERFUL, it never breaks me out and appears to be good for my skin, it performs its basic job as a primer, helping foundation go on more smoothly and minimizing the appearance of pores. It also feels nice on your skin and gives foundation a dewy look. It's very slippery, so it's easy to apply and a little goes a long way. I actually looked better (skin looked younger and more dewy) after applying this and Maybeline's BB Cream than I did after Smashbox color correcter primer and La Mer TM.

Cons: If you use too much or are already wearing (dried) moisturizer on your face, it has a tendency to ball up. If you don't smooth out all the clumps before applying foundation, your foundation will clump as well. I would use this sparingly over moisturizer (and make sure that your moisturizer won't ball up when rubbed).

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I'm new to primers. I started using them a few months ago and so far, I've tried monistat anti-chafing gel, E.L.F. primer, a clear primer by Smashbox, and Makeup Forever's HD primer. I liked them all well enough, but I noticed that my pores were full of gunk at the end of the day no matter what cleanser I used. I began reading up on primers and realized that silicone was probably to blame. As luck would have it, I recently received a sample of this Korres primer at Sephora. I love it. It's light--it feels like a lotion on the fingers and on the face, but it dries to give a look and feel similar to a conventional silicone based primer. I prefer this because it feels and looks natural on the skin. Other primers mattified my face to such an extent that I looked ashy and dull priorto makeup application. This product provides the smooth canvas and silky slip of a conventional primer, but it looks and feels more natural on the skin--it truly feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. This is not a spackle. I still see lines and pores, but they are certainly softened. The draw here is the comfort and the longevity it lends to my makeup application. If you want longer makeup wear sans clogged pores, you should consider this.