October 20, 2014 | 849 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Korres - Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Face Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by leonxyoon18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. It's very hydrating and seems to help with any
fine lines and smoothes over any enlarged pores. I think that it's vital for any adult whether they are young or older to take proper pre-measures to protect and maintain their skin. Just because you are in your twenties doesn't mean you aren't prone to exposure from environmental stresses, like poor air quality. That is why some of us use ANTI-AGING products is to possibly slow down the signs of aging from the physical stand-point.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Its just okay. Did not notice any anti aging benefits at all. Like my LM primer much better for a smooth look. Was wondering why people in their late teens and early 20's use anti aging items and review them? Any one looking to find an anti aging product isn't going to take those reviews seriously. It is comical. My suggestion to those in that age group is stay out of the sun and tanning beds and use a good sun block 24/7 and you won't need anti aging products in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Emily0816

Pros: this smells WONDERFUL, it never breaks me out and appears to be good for my skin, it performs its basic job as a primer, helping foundation go on more smoothly and minimizing the appearance of pores. It also feels nice on your skin and gives foundation a dewy look. It's very slippery, so it's easy to apply and a little goes a long way. I actually looked better (skin looked younger and more dewy) after applying this and Maybeline's BB Cream than I did after Smashbox color correcter primer and La Mer TM.

Cons: If you use too much or are already wearing (dried) moisturizer on your face, it has a tendency to ball up. If you don't smooth out all the clumps before applying foundation, your foundation will clump as well. I would use this sparingly over moisturizer (and make sure that your moisturizer won't ball up when rubbed).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Orientexpress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I'm new to primers. I started using them a few months ago and so far, I've tried monistat anti-chafing gel, E.L.F. primer, a clear primer by Smashbox, and Makeup Forever's HD primer. I liked them all well enough, but I noticed that my pores were full of gunk at the end of the day no matter what cleanser I used. I began reading up on primers and realized that silicone was probably to blame. As luck would have it, I recently received a sample of this Korres primer at Sephora. I love it. It's light--it feels like a lotion on the fingers and on the face, but it dries to give a look and feel similar to a conventional silicone based primer. I prefer this because it feels and looks natural on the skin. Other primers mattified my face to such an extent that I looked ashy and dull priorto makeup application. This product provides the smooth canvas and silky slip of a conventional primer, but it looks and feels more natural on the skin--it truly feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. This is not a spackle. I still see lines and pores, but they are certainly softened. The draw here is the comfort and the longevity it lends to my makeup application. If you want longer makeup wear sans clogged pores, you should consider this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by jbellcsw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! Have been using it under Makeup Forever foundation or Garnier BB cream for about a month, have definitely noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin. Smooths out imperfections, makeup holds beautifully. Plus, feels great when applied and smells yummy! Get this stuff!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by fuchslein

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive as all get out, unfortunately. But, I still spring for it! Get a free sample at Sephora to see if it is worth it for you before you spend $$ (even with forgiving return policies, it is just a waste not to sample it first) This is PERFECT for dry skin. It is highly moisturizing cream, that is extremely light and borderline liquid. It feels like a light moisturizer, and you need a bit of time for it to absorb before applying makeup over it (use your judgement based on amount of application). It does improve appearance, texture, and longevity of my makeup; it helps to keep my liquid foundation from settling. I don't think this will do much for oil control. I am a young adult, that looks even younger, so I can't attest to anti-aging effects. However, products that promote a healthy, youthful complexion are helpful to prevent problems before they get a chance to develop.
If you are looking for a product to fill in your pores with a thick silicone layer, don't give bad reviews for products like this that aren't meant to do that...This will not fill in pores. However, it makes my pores and skin in general look much better, even without makeup on top. Since my skin changed from oily to dry, my needs changed. While Monostat's anti-chafing gel was great for oil control, after trying a silicone free primer, even with oiliness returning I couldn't go back to the mask-like feeling. I've accepted that I have pores and that it's ok to look like you have skin under all the paint.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying that I am not a primer person. I don't like the extra step in my routine, and I've never found a primer that's really worth the extra time under my primary foundation, Revlon Colorstay, which performs excellent for me on its own. (With the exception of UD Pore Perfection. But even that, I only use around my nose, and I don't use it daily.) But, I got a sample of this Korres stuff from my mom, so I figured I had nothing to lose. It smells fantastic, light and citrusy. It feels nice and cool going on, more like a lotion. But that's really all the positive stuff I can say about this. It did nothing to improve the looks of fine lines or pores, and did even less in terms of making my foundation last longer. It's just too much for my oily face. Maybe someone with normal to dry skin would have better luck with it. It's just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is okay, it doesn't do a lot for me, but maybe it is because I am not used to using primer. I think it is a little much under my BB cream, like an unnecessary step. I think it is a decent primer if you really need one, but not necessarily a must have.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by cakie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a big samples of this from Sephora, which actually lasted about a month with almost daily use. I use it in the winter with my mineral makeup. It makes my skin feels pretty smooth and non-greasy. It does not feel heavy on the face at all, not like some other brands. However, it doesn't do much about oil control on my oily skin. Though I do understand, when using mineral makeup, i really cant expect much oil control anyway. With this on, my face start to get oily within about 3 hours, which i think is acceptable. But of course, i do wish i dont have to blot that early :P One down side, it does not help with my easy to get red olive skin. So overall, i probably won't repurchase since it didnt do enough to impress me yet

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Really impressed with this primer. Great for Fall/Winter as it's a bit too moisturizing for me to use in the warmer months.

very moisturizing without being greasy. Makes my foundation last all day without caking or sliding off. I can tell that it fills in my fine lines and wrinkles, making my foundation look smooth and natural. has not made me break out at all!

Smells pleasant and has a smooth texture. I've tried many DS and HE primers and this is my favorite HE one so far.