April 18, 2014 | 1913 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Targeted Pore & Line Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by outofherhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it. It's the only thing I have ever found to fill in the few very large pores that I have on my cheeks and nose. It isn't meant for the whole face, just those trouble spots, and it does a great job. I've been using it for over a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by DebraWrd

I got a sample of this with Let's Do Lunch Tues & Thurs promotion. It really works on the many fine crows feet around my eyes!!!!! (It's $32 for 0.75oz which is pricey to me.) Most wrinkle products do nothing for me. It is very thick and waxy but once you apply it you don't feel it or see it. I am impressed and would buy this when I run out of my sample.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just use this as a primer for my forehead and the smile crease around my mouth. It actually does work at filling in the creases and makes your foundation go on smoothly without slipping into any fine lines.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by glogowianka82

I recently purchased this product after reading reviews from many different sources. Unfortunately it does absolutely nothing for me. It made no difference to my pores. No matter how I tried applying this, I got no results.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by natalierosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looking for something to cover small ice pick scars and pores and give an even base for my other makeup. This was not that product, and a little pricey too! Clarins Smooth Touch is much better. This one would require a lot of product for desired result. Also, upon second usage I realized that the tube was probably only 40% full! Still searching for my HG...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by cwetzler

For me this would be a score of 1 but I can see how someone else might have success with this product. I read all the reviews to hear what others complained about and I learned a few tips on how to apply and how to keep it from rolling off. I tried it many ways, under foundation and over. I warmed it and I just slabbed it on. I used a little and a lot. I tried it all. For me, this did not deliver. If it was $15 I would have kept it for that one little dent I have but for the price it wasn't worth it. It did not fill in my pores any better than the regular Smashbox primer (and I already own that) and it did not fill my lines well. If you have deep pocks, dents, ice pick scars, etc. I would recommend you try this. If you have lines around your eyes and mouth I would suggest you buy it somewhere you can return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by goldsgymrat

I have really bad ice pick scars on my cheeks and some other areas of my face. No matter how much foundation and concealer I use, you can still see the little holes in my face. I am so happy that I found this primer. It is very thick and is not meant to use on your whole face. I found that this works better for my scars when I apply it after I put on my mineral foundation. I squeeze a little bit of the primer on a thin makeup brush and spackle the product in and over my pitted scars. Some of the mineral foundation will mix in with the primer in my scars and so I don't have to worry about the white primer showing up on my skin. I am so happy that there is a great primer out there that can help me feel a little better about my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a thick primer that might be useful for filling in small, pitted areas of skin. It is too thick to spread over a large area. I did not find that this diminished lines at all. It was an acceptable pore minimizer but I much prefer Clinique pore minimizer to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by docrho

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried several of Smashbox's primer products and been impressed with none of them, so this product's effectiveness came as a very pleasant surprise. Although it's a bit of a pain to work with--it's incredibly thick and not easy to rub in--this is the only primer I've *ever* used that actually obscured the gigantic pores around my nose and kept them under wraps all day long. I've tried many, many primers to obscure my crater-like pores, and my face would always start off looking smooth and pore-free, but by the end of the day, my foundation would sink into my enlarged pores, leaving me looking like a grapefruit -- not good! I use this stuff under my MUFE Face & Body Foundation and it holds up beautifully for hours and hours. (Today I spent 10 hours at work, blotted my T-zone once, and when I got home my skin still looked flawless. Hooray!) Yeah, it's pretty spendy, but given how little you need to use, I think the tube'll last quite a while. If you're like me and have pores you can see from space, then I highly recommend this product.

EDIT: I've discovered another use for this stuff. If you have a blemish, apply a bit of this on the spot (after applying foundation but before applying spot coverage) and it'll help concealer to stay put.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by theinflightradio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got to admit, this did have a noticeable effect on my pores. It definitely made them look much smaller than they are, and for that, I would have kept it... Sadly, it also stung my face quite a bit and it would rub off if I didn't apply it correctly. If you are going through a pretty intensive acne regimen like I am, I would definitely recommend you steer clear from this product because something in it will burn. However, if my skin ever clears up completely, I will be sure to give this a shot again! Although, the packaging really could be improved... the product is nearly impossible to squeeze out.