Smashbox Photo Finish Targeted Pore & Line Primer

3.8

Water (Aqua, Eau), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl DiMyristate, C12-14 Pareth-12, Betaine, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Caffeine, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triolein, Lecithin, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Linoleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Oleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Avocado Oil, Trifluoromethyl C1-4 Alkyl Dimethicone, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Isostearyl Lactate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Sorbic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019).

on 1/2/2013 12:10:00 AM

Well, let me just start this out by saying I'm a guy, and I'm straight. It takes a lot to make me come to a makeup site just to publicly review a product I have used, but I really couldn't let this pass. I suffer from an anxiety disorder, and recently my acne scars have been the biggest topic of my worries. I have been embarrassed and stressed out about going out in public. I have a dermatologist appointment in 4-5 months, but I was desperate to find something that could help me and my confidence until that time comes. Smashbox Photo Finish Targeted Pore & Line Primer has done just that. I am astounded watching as my acne scars are just filled in and disappear! My biggest reason for writing this review is because I was one of the many people that surf the web desperately searching for something that can help me out. I noticed that this product has quite a few negative reviews, and I was almost shaken on my decision to purchase it. I am very happy I decided to buy it. I don't know what people are being so critical about, but coming from a guy, you could probably consider me a metrosexual at that if that tells you anything; I would recommend this product if you wish to fill in/hide acne scars and/or oversized pores. It has given me hope in my confidence again, and I am thankful.

on 11/17/2012 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this as I saw an MUAer say this was their HG oil controlling primer. I use it on my forehead, next to my nose and my chin and another primer elsewhere. It controls my oil for 8 hours which hasn't happened with any other product or skin care regimen change. I have to use enough on my fingers to warm it enough to spread. I use BE and haven't had uneven texture.

on 11/11/2012 11:30:00 PM

I got a generous sample of this product at the Smashbox counter at Myer, as in Australia it's a pricey $60 per tube.
I was so excited for this to work well on me as I have been searching for something to help reduce pore size on cheeks and help with oilyness towards the end of the day.
Unfortunately I really didn't like this. I tried it for a solid week in all sorts of ways (under makeup, over makeup, a little, a lot, leave to set, dont leave to set) and it did absolutely nothing for making my pores look any smaller. In fact, I think it actually made them appear larger.

on 9/26/2012 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite primers! Smoothes crows feet and makes pores and other lines disappear. It goes on thick, so you need to wait a few minutes before applying foundation, so it absorbs in, otherwise makeup will tend to seem like its going on cakey. I learned this lesson, then watched a video on it and since it's been a lifesaver and also helps absorb shine really well for my oily skin.

on 9/16/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It's weird how this product has negative reviews. I really like this product. It works great for me when it comes to my pores. I usually put this on after my moisturizer and than spray it with my urban decay de-slick setting spray. I only do that because this product can be a little thick when you put it on. Over all I think smashbox did a great job with this product! The only down fall to this product is that it's way to pricy!

on 7/3/2012 7:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this because i needed a new primer. I put it all over my face and put foundation over it. It looked terrible! I couldn't apply the foundation smoothly and my face looked all flaky. That's when i realized this is really just for targeted areas. It's actually great for deeper lines. But since i'm in my twenties i feel like i don't need it yet so i won't repurchase for now.

on 6/2/2012 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love it. It's the only thing I have ever found to fill in the few very large pores that I have on my cheeks and nose. It isn't meant for the whole face, just those trouble spots, and it does a great job. I've been using it for over a year.

on 5/17/2012 7:57:00 PM

I got a sample of this with Let's Do Lunch Tues & Thurs promotion. It really works on the many fine crows feet around my eyes!!!!! (It's $32 for 0.75oz which is pricey to me.) Most wrinkle products do nothing for me. It is very thick and waxy but once you apply it you don't feel it or see it. I am impressed and would buy this when I run out of my sample.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just use this as a primer for my forehead and the smile crease around my mouth. It actually does work at filling in the creases and makes your foundation go on smoothly without slipping into any fine lines.

I recently purchased this product after reading reviews from many different sources. Unfortunately it does absolutely nothing for me. It made no difference to my pores. No matter how I tried applying this, I got no results.