July 24, 2014 | 2192 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless Serum Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by remi0402

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm starting to have pores on my cheeks which I've tried a lot of skin products to fix it, but in vain. So I turned to look for help from cosmetic stuffs. And I found this serum on sale, so decided to give it a try. I only press half to get like pea size amount, and it's enough to cover all my face. The serum is very easy to spread over, and it actually covers up my pores and makes my skin tone look even. I usually just put loose powder after my sunblock and no makeups but with this product, I can even skip the powder part cuz it smooths my skins and makes it look matt and even.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Vivicode

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Quite frankly I'd been spoiled. DHC has a primer that makes your skin feel like satin, makes pores appear less visible and using the cover girl primer was a bit of a let down from that. I really did not notice any difference in the appearance of my skin and the feel wasn't much different than my favorite moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by shaaralee

As previous reviews suggested, this product is pretty average. Doesn't really 'prime' my skin. Makes it feel oily and worse than if I had applied zero primer. Not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by lilyyy69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was excited to try this product hoping for the best. I have oily/ ance prone skin. I will use 1 pump after i put on moisturizer. I will wait a couple of minutes before putting on foundation. After waiting i can feel how heavy and greasy it already is. Didn't smooth my skin at all. It did cause me to breakout a bit. It's a little pricey for a drugstore brand. Will not be buying this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by christyd2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was given a large sample of this I & really wanted to like it because Smashbox Photo Finish & Laura Geller Spackle were getting a little too expensive for me.

My skin is dry, but relatively easy (no acne, not super sensitive, good with fragrances, don't need to hide a multitude of sins, etc.).

As soon as I put it on my face burned. I waited a couple minutes to see if it would go away, but it didn't so I had to go wash my face because it hurt. I thought maybe it was interacting with my moisturizer & tried a different type with it a couple days later. The same thing happened.

I'm so glad I got this a sample & didn't waste my money on the full size. Given how my skin can tolerate almost every other skin care product, but burned with this makes me think it's very likely someone else will experience the same thing. I'd highly recommend not buying this unless you want to take a gamble on it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Rarukaye

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first primer that I've ever used so I can't compare to any other. My skin is probably normal and I've decided, that this product feels too slippery and heavy on my face for me to purchase again. I've been using it for two weeks. I like the ease with which my foundation can be applied and how much longer it appears to last on my face after using this primer. I love the chafing gel idea - cost is definitely appealing. Thanks for the tip!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 5:25:00 AM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this primer. I'm 50 years old with dry skin. Prior to makeup application, I use a moisturizer then apply this primer. It's very smooth and makes my skin feel soft and ready for makeup. My makeup glides on, much easier than with moisturizer alone. The packaging is great, no dipping into pots, it dispenses a perfect amount of product with one pump, (unless your skin is very dry, then you might need 2). it's a little expensive for Cover Girl but much cheaper than some of the high end primers, like lancome. Highly recommend and will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by lincolnsmom921

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked up this primer on a whim because it was on sale and I had a coupon, so I got a great price. Major mistake. I was hoping it would deliver on all of it's promises, but all it did for me was make my combination skin completely an oily mess, make my foundation slide off in minutes, clog my pores and break me out in a rash of small red splotches that lasted for days. I don't have sensitive skin at all (I use strong glycolic acid peels regularly without even a hint of redness), but this just abosultely wreaked havoc on my skin. It's moisturizing alright...to a HUGE fault. I can see how this might be a good product, moisture-wise, for a mature, post-menopausal woman with superdry skin, but for 45 and under, I'd try something different.

My favorite primer (I was so grossed out when I first heard this but now I'm a believer) is Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel. It works wonders. It mattifies the skin, fills in pores, and absolutely keeps any foundation I've ever tried with it on all day. It allows the foundation to go on so smoothly and blend seamlessly. I highly recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by smohamed04

So, full disclosure: I didn't buy this product. I smelt it at Shoppers Drug Mart and then had a sneezing attack.

It smells so bad, that I couldn't buy it. Primer should not smell like that and when it does it should be avoided at all costs.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by AveryCurtis11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

DO NOT buy this product. Save yourself some money! Not only did I pay over $20 for something that did absolutely nothing for keeping my makeup on longer, but it also broke me out in a terrible rash all over my face. There were little red dots absolutely everywhere on my face, and I barely ever break out. I don't have sensitive skin. This primer is absolutely horrible. Don't buy it. Try absolutely anything else! If your the type of girl who wears drug store makeup, splurge on a department store primer from say Sephora. Don't waste your money. For ten dollars more you could find something good at Sephora. I've also heard good things about a certain anti-chafing gel as a primer that costs six dollars.. Look into that. Make sure you look up tons of reviews before you buy anything.

Unless you have skin made out of iron, you want your makeup to melt off, and you feel like wasting $20, do not buy this. Honestly, please don't!