September 18, 2014 | 1023 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 Metal Mania Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by taylermarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So happy I bought this! After seeing many YouTube videos on this brand, I decided up jump on board. I ordered this palette because the jewel tone colors really appealed to me. it arrived pretty quickly and was sent from Florida. it was packaged really nicely and there were no broken colors. the pigments in some of the colors were really bright, but others might need some layering to get the desired color. I highly recommend using a primer with these colors. there is quite a bit of fall out but that's to be expected.

I'm really interested in buying the warm/neutral palette next. such a good buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this palette, the colors are beautiful and very pigmented, i think its the best coastal scents palette !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Donovan

There are not any deeper shades of blue, or black so I felt negatively towards that, plus most of the coppery browns are nearly identical in color. However they are very beautiful coppers that I use often. Most of the colors are super pigmented, and blend rather easily. I have many CS Palettes and really love them all:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by manitoban3

Am quite impressed with this palette. Beautiful, vibrant, unique colors, swatch really nice. Of course, haven't had a chance to use all 88 of them yet... Staying power is fine, but I always use a primer for everything. They seem to be fairly soft shadows, blendability is at least average and I am totally fine with the packaging. Would like to try some of the other Coastal Scents palettes now...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by BlahChild

I decided to try out all these multi-color palettes three months ago and see if they would go the distance for me. I have: Metal Mania, Warm, 28 Neutral, and 26 Color/Blush palettes.

Although the idea of having all the colors of the spectrum in one big palette is novel at first, it's not very convenient and I find myself reaching for my MAC, NYX, and Wet n Wild colors more.

With Metal Mania, the array of colors is nice. Pigmentation is a hit and miss, but you get what you pay for here. Always use a primer and/or base with these or you will not get very much on your eyelids. The formula used for these cause a lot of fallout and you will notice a rather messy palette after a few uses.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again. This would be a great gift for a beginner, but not for somebody who is used to quality (I do mean quality, not brand!) make-up.

If you are interested in any of the palettes, the only one that I still use after three months is the 26 Eyeshadow/Blush palette. Great colors for a smokey brown look that I do and get lots of compliments for :).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one is my fave. The pigmentation and colors are fantastic and i play with this one almost daily! ;)
Most of the shadows/blushes, in any of type of these named/numbered finished palettes, are nicely pigmented.
Though, I find that if you don't flick off your brush and use a base, you will get more than average fallout.
So I recommend that you do your foundation last..... with any of these various named/numbered palettes.
Each one are great and have a variety of colors you can play with.

@Everyone: Please save your hard earned $ and just buy all the Coastal Scents, Bh Cosmetics, etc...etc...Palettes off of EBAY!!

They really ARE the SAME thing/colors!

Its just that they switch up the pans in different places sometimes!

I know some say that some are pigmented than other brands. But no they are not really!
Its just that some palettes are FRESHER therefore they will give you BETTER PAYOFF.

You can buy any variety for around $10.00 each on EBAY!
I actually bought the 10 Blush, Neutral, Concealer, Camouflage Palettes for under $8.00 each.... on EBAY!! Really!
Now I am a big believer for supporting American businesses. But we all now know where they get their stuff from....so I feel perfectly fine buying from overseas. ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

Great set of eyeshadows with a variety of shades and colours
-colours are not boldly pigmented but provide some colour with a great sheen.
-All colours are shimmery and tend to be more neutral
-Great use for everyday looks for teens to adults
-Very unique colours and would be flattering for most skin tones
-Not that long lasting, shadows tend to have fall-out
-Would require a cream base underneath
Great buy and a great gift choice!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jiasweetheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The 88 Metal Mania Palette is super vestal. You can create all kinds of looks with this palette. I find the color in this palette is much more usable than the 88 Shimmer Palette. You get a nice range of natural colors for everyday look and dark colors for smoky eyes. The eye shadows are all very pigmented and goes on smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by sunflowerstarshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received the Coastal Scents 88 Metal Mania palette from someone and was very excited to try it out. I was hoping it would be better than the neutral palette I had gotten from CS, which I hadn't cared for. When I got the palette, I was pleasantly surprised! The shadows are all so colorful and pretty, and they all go on smoothly and look fabulous. I definitely recommend this product for you eye shadow lovers out there! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by northernwinterlude

I knew it would just be a matter of time before I purchased a Coastal Scents palette. I had been debating for a while if I should jump on the Coastal Scents bandwagon. I've seen many youtube reviews and tutorials on the Coastal Scents palettes that the make-up lover in me could no longer resist!! The 88 Metal Mania Palette appealed to me and it's my first Coastal Scents palette and I plan to buy some others. I bought it from the Coastal Scents website and received it in 7 days. I was impressed how nicely packaged it was with lots of bubble wrap and paper. Shipping costs to Canada was reasonable at $7.92. I was expecting a really cheap looking plasticky palette, but the palette is not as bad as I expected. It may not be the same quality of a MAC palette, but it's sufficient. I do prefer to keep the transparent plastic sheet that covers the eyeshadows in the palette since it helps prevent eyeshadows from transferring and making a mess. I advise not to throw it away. The eyeshadow colours are fabulous, with some nice olive greens, plums, browns and bronzes. There are a few colours that don't appeal to me in this palette, including the fiery orange shades and two fuscia colours. There are a couple of MAC look a like shades in this palette as well. Yes, there is fallout when applying the shadows, but I experience this when using other eyeshadows from even more expensive brands, such as Stila and Nars. The eyeshadows are metallic and not over the top too shimmery and the staying power is pretty decent. I do use a good eyeshadow primer, UDPP or MAC paint pot underneath these shadows. I notice after about 10-11 hours the shadows begin to fade on my lids, but I can't complain too much. If any eyeshadow lasts that long on my oily lids it's a bonus!
Overall, I believe this palette is worth it. I would repurchase it in a heartbeat, but with so many shades in this palette it probably would take me a long time to use up all these eyeshadows!