August 27, 2014 | 1022 users online

Treatments - Qtica - Cuticle treatment cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by missyd915

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive been wanting to get this for a while based on he reviews here but it was a bit expensive, so when i finally got my uni grant i decided i would splash out on it as i am an absolute nail fanatic. This stuff is as great as people say, my cuticles were ok but now they look salon perfect- and im a perfectionist with myself!
It is fairly thick, flowery smelling and deeply moisturising but even so it doesn't feel really greasy like most ive used. Glad i spent on this and will be continuing to do so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Awesome cuticle balm. Mostly lanolin, which works so well for moisturizing in the dead of winter. Like others have said, it is thick balm. You only need a little. It is not greasy at all, and not like really like Vaseline, which is slick but not always moisturizing. This sinks in and makes dry flaky cuticle bits and hangnails disappear. I also find it soothing when my hangnails are sore. My nails get very dry, and it only helps with that a little, but that's okay. The scent is faintly floral, mixing with the scent of the lanolin. Not strong or bad, just distinctive. The little jar is expensive, but lasts for a long time and is worth the price. Will buy again and again. I must have this in winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by KLORPh

This is the absolute best cuticle moisturizing product I have ever tried. I do not care for oils, too greasy, gets on my face and causes breakouts.

This is thick and a little sticky. I believe it is the lanolin in it that gives it that texture. Lanolin is amazing stuff, I learned when breast feeding my babies, I used lanolin products as nipple creams to heal and protect. This does the same thing for cuticles.

The best part is it stays on, even through a hand washing. My citicles have never looked better... believe me I was a horrible hang nail biter and this stuff fixed my torn cuticles and healed them perfectly in just a week. I no longer bite!

I sort of wish this product wasn't in a deep pot, but rather a tube or something, since its tough to get out of the little pot with long nails. It is probably too thick for a tube, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by LeiAn71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is another product that I absolutely swear by. I use it at night before bed. It's got a thick, kinda sticky texture but once you put it on your cuticles the stickiness goes away. I love the smell. Highly recommend for anyone that is serious about their nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by bebephat

The texture is thick and goopy, perhaps that's what it takes to be so effective. It has really improved the looks of my nasty rough cuticles. I actually got this in a little tube which I do not like as it takes a lot of effort to squeeze out a tiny ribbon of it. I would prefer to have it in jar form. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by hyperhoops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This stuff is AMAZING and well worth the money. I bought the smaller 0.25 oz jar for $12 from a local beauty supply shop. This stuff is very pricey, but very little goes a long way.

How I use it: Tap the surface of the product and then tap the cuticle on each nail on one hand/foot. Then I massage it in and repeat the process for the other hand/foot. When I am done, I'll rub my hands together and find that my hands are moisturized too!

What I like:
- It is very moisturizing. I apply this before bed time my cuticles are instantly moisturized. When I wake up in the morning, my cuticles are still moisturized.

- Smells WONDERFUL! I was afraid of the flowery smell that one reviewer commented, but there is no flowery smell. It smells like honey and the smell isn't overpowering.

- A little goes a long way. Seriously.

- I like the screw top jar. I really hope they will make this in a tube.

What I don't like:
- At first this stuff is sticky, but the stickiness goes away once it is massaged in.

- Expensive! This baby costs more than Solar Oil However, I find that it does a better job that Solar Oil and is much easier to use.

- Can be difficult to find. I've seen the larger jar at Ulta. You can also purchase it from the Art of Beauty website.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2008 8:36:00 AM More reviews by samhainophobia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Simply the best. I've tried all the other recommended cuticle treatments -- I've tried Lemony Flutter, Burt's Bees, and the cuticle oils, CND Cuticle Eraser. I didn't like any of them. None of them resulted in any improvement whatsoever in my cuticles. The Qtica stuff is FABULOUS. It's thick, it stays put (unlike the oils -- what a mess), and after one application my horrible cuticles are unrecognizable. I mean...wow. Soft, supple, hydrated...*thud*. I didn't think it was possible. This stuff is worth every penny, this stuff. It's definitely a bedtime treatment, because it's thick and doesn't sink in and go away, but I will be keeping it by my bed and using it every night. Love! ♥ (And I actually LIKE the scent!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by EstheticianJen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff rocks! As many reviewers have said, it is a thicker texture, but it isn't waxy and I'm thrilled. Wax is great, but it really isn't made to moisturize....it's meant to trap moisture under it. But, if your cuticles are at all like mine, honey, there isn't any moisture to trap! LOL I think the main ingredient being lanolin is the secret behind the success of this product. Although it's pricey, it's a very generous little jar. My cuticles look so healthy and moisturized. This is also great to put on your toenail cuticles....you know, when you still have paint on 'em but you look like you desperately need a pedicure? You are sandal-ready in a minute flat. :) Love it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by onlymysecretxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It saves my nails in the winter time. After 5 minutes you can really see a difference. The smell isnt the best but its not the worst either. The texture is thick and sticky but it really stays on your nails. I will definitly repurchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by oliviaruth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have really dry cuticles and, embarrassingly enough, have a tendency to bite them. I have used cuticle treatments in the past, and have not had any luck with them (Burts Bee's, Bath and Body Works); their texture is just too waxy. I love the creamy balm texture of Qtica. It is easy to get just the right amount out of the little pot and works amazingly fast. My cuticles were very dry and I applied before bed one night. The next morning they were in much better shape. While the price is a little steep, you get a lot of product, and I imagine that this will last me for a very long time. Highly recommended to people who like don't like to polish their fingers, but do like the look of healthy natural nails.