October 20, 2014 | 2003 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Visiblecare (NutriumMoisture)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I'm addicted to this stuff.
I've used all of them, green, blue and now I'm using the purple one. I don't notice anything different between them. They feel like the same on me.
I love the creamy consistency and that it doesn't lather. I can also use it as a shaving cream, so I don't have to spend money on that. Shaving creams are more expensive than shower creams.
I love the smell of it. I must be the only one who loves it, but it's such a clean and soapy smell, I can't get enough of it.
I also love the fact that it doesn't leave a greasy film on my skin, like some other moisturizing body washes do, even some other Dove products. It's easy to rinse off and I can really feel when it's off. My skin feels clean and not "slippery", but soft.
I don't know if it's done anything special to my skin. I don't think any shower products have ever done anything (else but cleansing) to my skin and I don't care about that. I have body moisturizers for that. Shower creams are for cleansing and that's enough for me. My skin feels soft after shower, though.
I haven't had big issues with those bottles. I shake the bottle very hard after every time I've used it and the next time when I'm using it, there's always enough product on the bottom to squeeze out. Only when there's just a little bit of it left, I've had to cut the bottle open to get the rest of it out. Dove should maybe put this product on a softer tube, similar like some of their intensive hair conditioners, so it would be easier to squeeze.
I usually tend to change my shower creams and gels a lot, but I've developed a little addiction to this and I've been wanting to try every one of them and now when I'm on my last bottle, I feel tempted to continue with this shower cream and I'll most likely do that.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister suggested I buy this when I couldn't find the St. Ives body wash I usually purchase. She said it lasts a long time because it lathers up easily and that it really makes a visible impression on your skin. I was hesitant because it's much more expensive than St. Ives, which I think is an awesome deal for the money, but I went ahead and took her advice. I won't purchase it again. I ran out of the product right away. It did not lather up easily like my sister said, and the plastic bottle caved in with every squeeze. I had to push it back out into a regular bottle shape each time I used it. The one thing I liked about it is it did leave my skin well moisturized. No dryness, no itching. But I think I can find other products that have the same result for less money. Like my preferred St. Ives wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by EmmaMo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you find most shower gels dry out your skin then this is a good pick that's very widely available. I've always found that Dove produce good basic-but-moisturising body washes. They're not the most luxurious but I've found that they perform better than many mid-level shower gels (e.g. The Body Shop, Soap and Glory) and they would be my 2nd choice (after shower oils) if my skin was dry.

This range is even more moisturising than most Dove shower products and has a lovely rich creamy lather which cleans without stripping. The scent is, admittedly, strongly synthetic and soapy (more noticeable than the usual Dove fragrance) but it does fade and I don't find it too intrusive.

I've had no problems at all with the packaging and have managed to use all the product. 200ml is slightly less than the usual 250ml amount but I find this product is worth the tiny difference in price.

Speaking of price, this is ridiculously cheap for how well it performs and I would be willing to pay a lot more for it. I bought this for less than 2 recently which I thought was great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in the VisibleCare Renewing formula. Do not expect this to be like a regular body wash. It says that it is a cream bath cleanser on the label. Has the typical overly strong Dove scent that reminds me of laundry detergent. This contains fatty acids and a specific cleanser that has been shown to not remove all the lipids from the skin while cleansing. It applies as a very creamy, mild foaming cleanser. There are times when my skin is very dry and sensitive and this product works really well at that time. I wish that Dove would come out with an unscented version of this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Powdery scent, doesn't really do what it promises (make your skin softer), horrible consistency, bad packaging...I really don't like this and I would never repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This, for me, was nothing special. I got it for free (!) from the grocery store, thanks to one of their online coupons. I do like that it is a true cream, the resulting soft skin, no bubbles, no gel-like feel. However, it doesn't really deliver the moisture that I would expect from such a formula. I also don't care for the smell. It's very powdery and heavy. I was hoping for something a bit lighter and fresh. Packaging is a nightmare. Lousy flip bottom, not enough pressure to get the last half of the product out. This one is a no-go for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I bought this in Renewing and Softening. I have finished the bottle of renewing (blue) and am going to start using the softening one. I compared the ingredients on the 2 and on my bottles the listing is exactly the same. So we will see if the results are the same, I will update after finishing the purple bottle.
This product has a nice, light non-offense scent, lathers up well and leaves my skin feeling clean. My skin does not feel any better, look any better or feel any softer than usual after over a month of use though. I was hoping to see some results as I have uneven skin tone and redness on my arms and overall dryness and psoriasis on my body (upper legs and arms). I have not noticed any difference except that I had a recent patch of psoriasis show up on my hip which has never happened before. But I have been stressed lately so I am not going to jump to blaming this product. Will try the softening one and see, may repurchase as it is a good basic bodywash.
Update - I saw little improvement with the "softening" version of this. Would not repurchase either one, I need more than something this basic. St Ives and Softsoap both make better and cheaper washes than this imo.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by ritamac

This produces a lovely creamy cushiony foam with a mild unobtrusive scent and works particularly well for shaving legs. I can't say that I noticed any great softening effects on my skin, but it's fair to say that it didn't seem to leave it feeling dry or rough. However, I would not buy again for one simple reason - the packaging, as others have said, is awful. Once you're halfway in, it's very difficult to squeeze any more product out and although I persevered with it for a while I think I ended up binning before it was totally used up. If they changed the bottle design I would consider it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by MissMag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've got the toning one. I won't buy this again. It says it tones/moisturises your skin,
but it did nothing for me, it left my skin chaped and dry -
before using it it was not that dry!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by cruellastears

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using the softening (purple bottle) for almost a month now, and it really does make your skin softer. The lady who does my pedicures even made a comment about how soft my skin is. The only problem I have with is the way it makes me smell when I am sweaty after my workout. It is really strange but it smells almost plasticy or something. It isn't enough of a bother to discontinue use though.