December 20, 2014 | 985 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - LUSH - Colour Supplement

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by mirameia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I usually hunt for the best concealers cos of my terrible dark eye circles. A friend told me about this product so I gave it a try. At first, I didn't know how to work myself around it as I find the consistency too watery. But I've played with this around with other makeup and I think I might just have found something that works for me. I wear this on top of my bb cream and dust it with translucent setting powder and it gave such a beautiful, natural finish, almost like you're not wearing any concealer but with excellent coverage. It definitely made my eyes look more awake and it's not patchy or dry. And I've used concealers such as MAC Studio Finish, Benefit's Boing and YSL Touche Eclat to name a few and I think this one gave the most natural coverage. I use Dark Yellow.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by michellejiang19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have to mix this foundation with an oil based or any lush moisturizer for it to work because this color supplement is oil based. I have dry skin with moderate acne since I'm a teenager. This foundation is my everyday foundation next to my Tarte Amazonian Airbrush Foundation. Weirdly enough, the finish of both of these foundations are basically the same, except the Lush color supplement just has less coverage ... But this can be changed by decreasing the ratio of color supplement to moisturizer. It takes a while to establish a good color supplement to moisturizer proportion, so just play around with it for a week. Once you get it right, and don't worry because you'll get it right fairly quickly, the foundation is incredible. This foundation lasts me almost a whole school day (6 am - 3 pm). I have dry skin so I don't bother setting this with a powder. The finish is a glowy satin finish with a "my skin but healthier" effect.
When you begin applying this (I use my fingers because my brushes soak up too much of the product since you do mix this with moisturizer), it seems like it's not covering anything. It seems like you're just blending moisturizer in. When you finish blending this into your whole face, let it settle for a minute or two and you will see the difference. I have moderate acne on my forehead and redness around my nose. The area around my mouth is quite dull and I have slight dark circles. Besides a few pimples and freckles, this foundation covers everything. I usually go over the pimples with a little concealer, or I just let it be since it looks fine as is.
This foundation doesn't rub off color ... But something rubs off. It's as if the color pigment sticks to your skin while the moisture from your lotion sticks around. It has a slightly herbal smell, but it depends on the batch you get. When I tried this on in the store, the smell was overwhelming, but the one I bought was fine and went away after an hour or two.
Like stated before, I use this foundation as my every day foundation next to my Tarte mineral foundation because of the ingredients in it and how well it works on my skin. The ingredients are SO much better than the ingredients in almost any other foundation you pick up. I hate wearing foundation because I feel like it would suffocate my skin and with extended wear, it would cause damage to my skin, but I have to wear something because of the state my skin is in (perks of being a teenager). I've done my research on each ingredient listed on the lush eve site for this foundation. The ones that concern me are titanium dioxide (but I'm pretty sure the concentration for this isn't up there), talc, triethanolamine (again, low enough in concentration so that it's safe to use), iron oxide, methylparaben, and propylparaben. Yes, the last two are parabens, so this does contain parabens. And the only reason they're in here is to act as a preservative. The fact that this foundation still has an expiration date means that obviously, these preservatives aren't doing THAT great of a job ... So why include it? Anyway, most cosmetics contain these two ingredients and much worse.
But, the pros do outweigh the cons, so I will ignore the discrepancies in the ingredients list.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by BangaloreBengaluru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You can check out my video review of this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

No coverage at all. This is pretty much a "why bother" foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-Easy to blend
-Lasts all day without a primer (on face, not undereyes)
-Very gentle, non-comedogenic ingredients
-Natural, aside from a few parabens
-Airbrushed look when applied with a flat-top brush
-Very light on the skin, feels almost like nothing is there
-Buildable coverage
-Very natural, skin-looking finish
-Does not oxidize
-No weird or harsh scent
-Inexpensive compared to higher-end products you'd find at Sephora
-A little product goes a long way
-Fast shipping from LUSH

CONS:
-Limited color range
-Tub packaging
-Doesnít cover under eyes very well

BOTTOM LINE:
I would repurchase. I have been using this in Dark Yellow for over a week non-stop and Iím very pleased. For the first several days I wore this alone, on top of moisturizer, without any additional concealer or foundation. It covered well, but by mid-day I would notice that my under eye area was dark and I looked tired. Not a good look. So the next several days I used this product the same exact way but added in my beloved MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (NC30; Iím usually a NC35 in MAC foundations but for concealer I go a shade lighter) and my tired eyes disappeared.

When I apply this, I typically moisturize first and then use my finger to grab some of the product from the pot. I donít need to dig my finger inójust lightly tap the product and then dot onto my face. Then, I use my ELF flat top brush to stipple it on and then blend. After applying, I add my MUFE HD Blush, use some brow powder, curl my lashes and apply a coat of mascara and Iím off to work.

I absolutely love the naturalness of this product. It literally feels like Iím not wearing anything on the skin and the finish is brilliant. It looks like my skin, not a bunch of foundation. It does a fabulous job covering up redness and acne spots and has not caused any breakouts to my sensitive, acne-prone skin. Also, I feel great knowing that I havenít just applied a chemical shit storm on my face :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by LenaPena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the colour Jackie Oats and it's a god product, I love the fragrance and the ingrediens but I wish it could give more coverage just around my eyes, then I would't have to use a concealer. It last long and it's worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Callmecorrina

Second time buying this product and I have many good thing a to say! I have combo skin that hates any type of foundation and breaks out when I use any. This is more like a tinted moisturizer, so do not expect medium or full coverage from this! It is light coverage but diminishes most redness and has an amazing dewy & flawless finish. I think the main thing I LOVE about this product is the longer you wear it...the better it looks, even with oily skin. I do not break out from this product and I would recommend mixing it with a moisturizer. They say you can use it alone, but I think it's way to thick for that. Also, you can use your hands to blend it in which is what I normally do, but it looks SO much better with a Beauty blender or a stippling brush! Definitely would not recommend using a regular foundation brush because it can get pretty streaky. Also, it is pretty pricey for such a little jar, but trust me you do not need to use a lot. Mine lasted till the expiry date which is usually a year later. this is my everyday "foundation" and I do recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by daoriax

I love it... LOVE IT! I have mixed skin but did a very daring thing after reading that this color supplement is best used with thick creams... I mixed it with solely Shea butter!!!.. First on my hand to see the result and now I am wearing it for 6 hours in front of a computer AND walking out for lunch in the heavy rain. The results are still there (can't say the same about my non-waterproof mascara though..)
My skin feels plumded and gorgeours, as if I had a botox job done on my face. I am loving how well my experiment ended, no more BB creams nor foundations, this is what I will put on my face if I want to avoid silicones and still look siliconed ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I really wanted to love this stuff. I buffed it on with a flat top and it looked FLAWLESS! I added one more layer to my hyper-pigmentation and the redness around my nose. I mean it when I say it really looked beautiful. The color was a great match - I bought Light Yellow.

I added just a little powder to my t-zone. I always use Mario Badescu's Special Healing Powder. It helps with any leftover redness and doesn't irritate my skin.

It didn't break me out, but it did begin to look patchy after only a couple hours. I couldn't really get it to look right once it started to deteriorate. I love how this looked so much, I really wish it worked for me. I'm going to keep working with it to see if I can make it work, I love it so.

Those of you with dry skin or normal skin, you should DEFINITELY give this a try. You get quite a bit of product for $18 as well. Will update as I try some new things!

EDIT: I have been using this again lately on my no makeup days. I have found a powder that's quite compatible with it and it actually looks beautiful. I just moisturize, put this on, add a little more to my red areas, powder, little bronzer, mascara, bam! I can be ready to leave in 10 minutes. I wouldn't recommend this for summer months where you'll be sweating, as it does come off relatively easy. Also, I have found that I cannot wash my face morning and night, only one or the other. I have slept in this and it doesn't do ANYTHING horrible to my face. Actually, I've noticed that my skin looks BETTER when I wash it off in the morning. I'll keep this in my rotation for sure, and I would probably purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by svendira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I am always drawn to Lush Products, simply because they come in attractive shapes and graphics. Lush has always got mixed reviews but has many avid fans, and this keeps making me rethinking of buying this foundation/TM until I had a chance to buy this half the price from a friend so it wouldn't hurt too much if I end up disliking it.

My skintone is warm to neutral, fits NC30 well and Dark Yellow fits me very well. It doesn't have a heavy scent, but somehow the soy scent peeks through to me. Upon application, the creamy liquid texture spreads very easily (doesn't stain fast) and melts right away to the skin. It LOOKS like wearing nothing, but it helps evening out my skintone. Your true skin color and texture will still be seen so this will not provide heavy/full coverage. This does quite OK in concealing my undereye, but in concealing spots, I found that they are too oily to be applied in concentrated area. While it looks natural on skin, it feels sticky when I touched my skin. I was afraid that this will flood me with excessive oil, since I found so many reviews said so. I tested it first at home, wearing them alone and after a view hours of minimal activities, my face looked oily. Not good.

Second trial, I applied it after a mattifying primer (Acaci Primer), tried to absorbed the "oil" from the Color Supplement with blotting paper (weird trick but I think this does well!) and loaded my face with heaps of The Balm Hot Mama Powder. I went to a movie, had dinner and it was quite cold but humid day. After 4-5 hours, not bad! I found slight oil, but nothing too serious, and what's better is that this does not oxidize at all.

Third trial, I repeated the application without blotting the foundation/TM with blotting paper. The result was quite great, natural, does not feel heavy, and yes I like how it does not oxidize or turn into muddy texture. It apparently stays quite well (and I touch my face a lot for no specific reason).

This comes in a jar which some may find disgusting, but I'm fine with it since I always try to apply stuff to my face with clean fingers. My skin is relatively sensitive, but so far this does not break me out. I guess my skin works well with the oil ingredients in it (though it could leave an oily mess if not used properly). I have crazy oily skin, and I don't find this too complicated too use. I guess you just have to wear the right primer?

Anyway, the reason I don't want to buy this again, simply because I like trying new stuff. But if you want to invest this for daily use, I think this will do. The pricetag is fine and the product will last quite for a long time (3 to 6 months depends on usage).