July 28, 2014 | 2087 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - LUSH - Colour Supplement

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by daoriax

I love it... LOVE IT! I have mixed skin but did a very daring thing after reading that this color supplement is best used with thick creams... I mixed it with solely Shea butter!!!.. First on my hand to see the result and now I am wearing it for 6 hours in front of a computer AND walking out for lunch in the heavy rain. The results are still there (can't say the same about my non-waterproof mascara though..)
My skin feels plumded and gorgeours, as if I had a botox job done on my face. I am loving how well my experiment ended, no more BB creams nor foundations, this is what I will put on my face if I want to avoid silicones and still look siliconed ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I really wanted to love this stuff. I buffed it on with a flat top and it looked FLAWLESS! I added one more layer to my hyper-pigmentation and the redness around my nose. I mean it when I say it really looked beautiful. The color was a great match - I bought Light Yellow.

I added just a little powder to my t-zone. I always use Mario Badescu's Special Healing Powder. It helps with any leftover redness and doesn't irritate my skin.

It didn't break me out, but it did begin to look patchy after only a couple hours. I couldn't really get it to look right once it started to deteriorate. I love how this looked so much, I really wish it worked for me. I'm going to keep working with it to see if I can make it work, I love it so.

Those of you with dry skin or normal skin, you should DEFINITELY give this a try. You get quite a bit of product for $18 as well. Will update as I try some new things!

EDIT: I have been using this again lately on my no makeup days. I have found a powder that's quite compatible with it and it actually looks beautiful. I just moisturize, put this on, add a little more to my red areas, powder, little bronzer, mascara, bam! I can be ready to leave in 10 minutes. I wouldn't recommend this for summer months where you'll be sweating, as it does come off relatively easy. Also, I have found that I cannot wash my face morning and night, only one or the other. I have slept in this and it doesn't do ANYTHING horrible to my face. Actually, I've noticed that my skin looks BETTER when I wash it off in the morning. I'll keep this in my rotation for sure, and I would probably purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by svendira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I am always drawn to Lush Products, simply because they come in attractive shapes and graphics. Lush has always got mixed reviews but has many avid fans, and this keeps making me rethinking of buying this foundation/TM until I had a chance to buy this half the price from a friend so it wouldn't hurt too much if I end up disliking it.

My skintone is warm to neutral, fits NC30 well and Dark Yellow fits me very well. It doesn't have a heavy scent, but somehow the soy scent peeks through to me. Upon application, the creamy liquid texture spreads very easily (doesn't stain fast) and melts right away to the skin. It LOOKS like wearing nothing, but it helps evening out my skintone. Your true skin color and texture will still be seen so this will not provide heavy/full coverage. This does quite OK in concealing my undereye, but in concealing spots, I found that they are too oily to be applied in concentrated area. While it looks natural on skin, it feels sticky when I touched my skin. I was afraid that this will flood me with excessive oil, since I found so many reviews said so. I tested it first at home, wearing them alone and after a view hours of minimal activities, my face looked oily. Not good.

Second trial, I applied it after a mattifying primer (Acaci Primer), tried to absorbed the "oil" from the Color Supplement with blotting paper (weird trick but I think this does well!) and loaded my face with heaps of The Balm Hot Mama Powder. I went to a movie, had dinner and it was quite cold but humid day. After 4-5 hours, not bad! I found slight oil, but nothing too serious, and what's better is that this does not oxidize at all.

Third trial, I repeated the application without blotting the foundation/TM with blotting paper. The result was quite great, natural, does not feel heavy, and yes I like how it does not oxidize or turn into muddy texture. It apparently stays quite well (and I touch my face a lot for no specific reason).

This comes in a jar which some may find disgusting, but I'm fine with it since I always try to apply stuff to my face with clean fingers. My skin is relatively sensitive, but so far this does not break me out. I guess my skin works well with the oil ingredients in it (though it could leave an oily mess if not used properly). I have crazy oily skin, and I don't find this too complicated too use. I guess you just have to wear the right primer?

Anyway, the reason I don't want to buy this again, simply because I like trying new stuff. But if you want to invest this for daily use, I think this will do. The pricetag is fine and the product will last quite for a long time (3 to 6 months depends on usage).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by goldspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm willing to shell out extra money for good skin care and cosmetics...but this brand is disgusting..2 of the products i purchased,,were horrible.. the color supplement and calamine face wash- apart from the some boob cream given to me as a sample. All 3 were of poor quality.. I made the mistake of testing the products on the back of my hand as opposed to the face. By the time i get home and try them...the color supplement felt horrible on the skin like a layer of fat, even mixed in with a moisturizer the texture was unbearable. The calamine/seaweed face wash did nothng for my face....NOTHinG!even when i asked the sales person if it lathers up, he claimed it did. so i figured it would wash off the oils/dirt off my face, it didnt budge anything on my face... and the boob cream sample.. it does absolutly nothing for the skin... PPL PLS PLS save your money , you can get a designer brand skincare cosmetic for the same amount of money!!!!

if i could give LUSH a negatve lippy i would.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the second time I purchase this product. The first time I bought it I took it in light pink. Now I've switch to light yellow which is paler and better to cover up redness.

This is really more of a tinted moisturizer than anything else. I would avoid using it on oily skin. It gives a nice dewy glow and light coverage. I think most women need three types of foundation, a tinted moisturizer, a medium coverage foundation and a made up foundation. This is my favorite in the tinted moisturizer category.

You really can't build it up, but like I said this is not really a foundation. I use it mixed 2 third and 1 third of moisturizer. I apply it with my hands and I finish it with a bit of powder. It doesn't irritate my skin and I'm just a glow addict. This isn't the type of product that would work on everyone, but if you have a match and your skin is on the dryer side I would give this a go.

In Canada this costs around 0.85$ per gram.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Aiiisha

I Love the colour as well, such a great shade and look very natural ! But it is toooo oily and brings acne to my face. So I think it is great for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by msjohns888

I have NC25 skin and prefer the Dark Yellow color. I like to mix it with my lotion or start from the nose and work out with a small amount after my concealer. Then I top it with mineral power and a neutral blush. It lasts for ever. Does not contain silicones that some, like myself my be sensitive to (but does contain parabens if your worried about that, I am not) its very natural and almost like a minimal coverage bb cream. I love it, recommend it. Especially for people like me who have issues with oil and acne.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have porcelain/fair skin around NC5 -10 and I tried 2 shades. First I tried the shade "Jacqui Oates". Its a creamy whitish yellow. Its lighter and actually more yellow-toned than the "Light Yellow" shade. I don't agree it is "neutral", I think it has a strong yellow undertone. The Jacqui Oates did make my blue eyes sparkle, and my skin glow. It was a bit too yellow for my taste, I could have wished for a slight more white, but the color was as close to perfect as it gets for fair skin. It evened out the redness and blended my face well with my neck, which is very very light. I liked it initially.

Then I tried the Light Yellow shade. It was more neutral/beige in undertone, and it darkened my skin and looked slightly grey, and, made my eyes look dull. So it is more for light NC15 - 20 skins rather than very fair or porcelain skin I believe. It itched and felt uncomfortable to wear.

Strangely, only the Light Yellow shade made my skin itch, while the Jacqui Oates didn't. But I just read that Jacqui Oates is formulated very different with more natural ingredients than the others specially to cater for pale sensitive skin, so now it makes sense that I had a reaction to Light Yellow but Jacqui Oates was fine.

For those interested in ingredients, I'll list below. Basically, only a small amount of ingredients are the same but Jacqui Oates has Oat Milk, Safflower Flower, Aloe Vera Extract, Organic Rose Hip Oil, Shea Butter, Lanolin, Honey, Mica and partly natural preservative combined with parabens. Its mostly natural. The other 4 shades feature Rose, Soy Bean Oil, Rice Bran,Talc, and Paraben-only preservatives intead and looks like standard drugstore ingredients.

The texture for both shades is a creamy tinted moisturer with sheer to light coverage and a satin sheen finish. It does have a dry-touch feel, and seems transfer-resistant, but it made my usually normal to slightly oily skin look dry and slightly old, so I don't know who it is meant for. Young perfect oily skin needing very little coverage and wanting extra (oily looking) glow? Also, people say you can build it up to a medium coverage, but the more you put on, the more dry and cakey it looks, so I don't believe it. Initially I thought it didn't streak, and it didn't, but that was only when I applied a tiny bit at a time with a Lancome paddle foundation brush. If I rushed it and dotted all over then tried to blend in I got streaks, or if I tried to use a sponge I got streaks. I think this foundation dries fast and is best applied a bit at a time otherswise it begins to dry and thats when it streaks.

I tried to "mix it with moisturiser" as the SA recommended when she asked if either shade worked for me and I told her the color was great but dry and streaky. That didn't work either. I really don't think this product works for me and trying any further is a waste of my time. The ingredients list isn't very natural any way

Here is 2 different ingredients lists, the first one is for Jacqui Oates, please note it is partway to being natural - it still contains two different Parabens (cheap chemical preservative), along with Tincture of Benzoin (more expensive natural preservative). The 2nd one is for all the other shades and looks like standard drug store foundation ingredients with Parabens and other chemical ingredients.

JACQUI OATES SHADE ONLY:
Water (Aqua) , Oat Milk (Avena sativa) , Safflower Flower (Carthamus Tinctorius) , Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis) , Titanium Dioxide , Organic Rose Hip Oil (Rosa canina) , Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Stearic Acid , Glycerine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Triethanolamine , Honey (Mel) , Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin) , Lanolin , Iron Oxides , Mica , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

ALL OTHER SHADES - LIGHT YELLOW - DARK YELLOW - LIGHT PINK - DARK PINK:
Fresh Rose Infusion (Rosa centifolia) , Soya Oil (Glycine Soja) , Titanium Dioxide , Rice Bran (Oryza sativa) , Stearic Acid , Talc , Glycerine , Triethanolamine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Tudor Willow Color (Iron Oxides) , Tudor Oak Color (Iron Oxides & Talc), Tudor Mahogany Color (Iron Oxides & Talc) , Tudor Mahogany Color (Iron Oxides & Talc) , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a huge lover of lush and I love playing with foundation and moisturizer, but this was a big no from me. So much so that I gave it away. Why? It smells like play-doh. I cannot put that on my face, even knowing that it doesn't have chemical nasties in it, because all I can think of is blue play-doh. I tried mixing it with moisturizer and on its own, nothing could get me past it. I also wasn't so impressed with the product to get past it. Sorry but no love for me on this one, despite my best efforts.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by sept27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lush Color Supplements were my first foray into organic makeup. I enjoyed using this product, however the color range is too small and Jackie Oats (the closest color to my skin tone) had neutral undertones, while mine are cool, so I looked a little ghostly in this product. To apply, I set the wide side of a wet beauty blender on the top of the jar to pick up product, then wiped the excess off on the lid. I dabbed this all over, which gave a nice, natural finish.

Good parts of this product:
Lasts a long time
Great as a tinted moisturizer (minus the moisturizer)
Natural!

My gripes with this product are:
Too sheer to cover my acne and medium rosacea
Product has a strange smell that fades after awhile, some might be bothered by it
A bit too expensive for the coverage

Overall, if I had nicer skin, I'd definitely purchase this again, however due to my rosacea, I would have to pick something else.