July 22, 2014 | 2255 users online

Polishes - OPI - 20 Candles On My Cake

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by hennifa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would describe color as - **off-red** .. brown red, yet almost deep pink.

Finish is **glossy creme** / **office-appropriate**

As with all OPI polishs I've tried... goes on easy.. and wears well.

**descriptions/terms lifted from other MUA reviews that I agree with**

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by sparrowstars

This is a beautiful, dark rosy pink that looks much lighter in the bottle than it did on my skin. Still, it's just lovely, and goes so well with my cool skin tones. I used it for a mani/pedi and it lasted nearly 8 days. This is a great pink tone for fall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by LadyWilde

People have such different experiences with this color--red, brick, coral/red, brownish red, mauve/red. On my fair, slightly cool-toned skin, it reminds me of red velvet cake. . .rich off-red with a touch of cocoa brown. It's pretty and unique, but absolutely office-appropriate. It applies beautifully, and 1-2 coats yields an even, streak-free, glossy creme finish. This is a great option for wearing to work if you're tired of the usual pinks, reds, and neutrals.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Oohlalauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this polish! It's a great polish for toes... it goes great with my skin tone! Definitely my "go to" toenail polish!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by courters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this shade would be too warm for me (cool, PPP) but it somehow works great! On me it looks like a red mixed with a pinkish coral. I think my skintone definitely changes how it looks though, because it doesn't really look like the bottle color, which looks much more pink. It dries several shades darker than bottle color. The application was great, I had full coverage at one coat, but applied a second to deepen the color. I'm on day 4 with no chips!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by bayhazel

I"ve tried several reds by OPI and thus far, 20 candles and Malaga wine gets my vote. If you've tried Malaga wine before and found that it suits your skin tone, 20 candles should suit you too! 20 candles is more of a creme, subtle red tone with a slight brown tinge. It's not too overwhelming and is still suitable to wear to work.
Oh yes, before i forget, i am able to achieve a good strong colour with just one coat! top it off with poshe top coat and my nails are good to go!
www.kimmiethedog.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

This is one of my favorite colors, especially now (in mid-March) when my skin is at its palest and bright colors look sort of garish.
20 Candles on my Cake is a soft, subdued brick red which i think would be very flattering on most skin tones. If you're tired of always wearing pales and sheers but find red a bit too much, check this one out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite polish colors ever, especially since it's very fitting for me as I'm about to turn 20! It's a very unique and intruiging color that's hard to picture unless you've seen it, a creme that is an interesting enough color to never seem "flat". It has red, pink, and brown tones in an interesting mix that can look different on different people or in different light. It also the benefit of being a "neutral red" as another reviewer described it and looking good with anything as it has both warm and cool tones. People who see the red and brown tones might call it tomato red or muted red while people who see the pink and red tones might call it mauve. But really, it has no easy name other than 20 candles! For me I think the pink tones come through the most clear. The best way I can describe it is a pink with brown undertones and strong red overtones. Less of a muted red and more of a "revved up" dusky rose, or a dusky rose with a bit of cherry. Basically it's walking the line between rose and red. However you describe it it's a very attractive, sexy, sweet and never boring color! If you are a red OR pink nail polish fan, give 20 candles a try-it can be a wearable red for people who only wear pink and a pink for people who love red!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by shellbell090702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to be a nail tech, so I have a bunch of polishes and I always keep buying new ones even though I go back to my old faves. Anyway, I was bored and wanted to polish my nails red, but not my usual vampy red or my deep reds, or even my true reds, so I found my old 20 Candles, which I only had because one of my old clients absolutely loved this color and that's the only color I used on her. I've always found it boring.....until last night. Wow, it just looks so pretty. It looks red against my skin tone, but not a bright red or a mauve red. It just looks like a "finished" red if that makes sense. I feel like I could wear it with everything-even pink. It's kind of like I'm wearing a neutral tone-but in a red.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by bulamae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this medium, pinkish red. Or very dark pink. It's very wearable and lovely.