April 17, 2014 | 1584 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Cream Eyeliner - Coffee

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I just used this once so far, but I'm pretty happy with it.

The packaging is not that big; unless it has changed dramatically, I don't think it is that big or bulky. The brush it comes with is so-so. I could use it in a pinch, but I have 3 other angled brushes to choose from that are much better, so I'd just keep this for the portability factor.

My only complaint is that the package is squared, so the lid is squared, so when you go to screw the lid back on, it is somewhat awkward to do so.

The color isn't that bad. I don't want it super dark, almost black, nor do I want it particularly light. I have dirty blonde/brownish hair, so I prefer to use a brown eyeliner. I don't use black because I look clownish with it. It just doesn't work for me. (Unless I'm wearing a black wig, or another funky kind of style...)

The color is nice, and application is fairly easy. It is quicker and darker than using brown eyeshadow and a wet brush. It is layerable, so if you want it darker, you can work at achieving that. But, I prefer a mid-range color-- not too dark, not too light. So, I find this stuff perfect.

I am sure that I will move up and on, but I think this is definitely a nice starting point. I may edit this review as I wear this more and longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmm. I don't love this and I don't hate it. The color is a nice brown but it isn't too pigmented. I have a Tarte Amazonian Clay gel liner, but it is SUPER expensive and wanted a drugstore dupe. The brush it comes with sucks and you should use your own. I don't like this as an eyeliner on the top lid, it doesn't show up enough. But I do love it on the waterline. It looks great and lasts forever! I would repurchase for waterline use only though. I gave the packaging a 2 because it is huge, bulky, and impractical.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by NaomiHa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

$3 on elf website.
Packaging is kinda big and bulky, not something you can fit into a small purse/clutch
I got this during a swap. Have been using this for about 2 weeks now

When I swatched this product I thought " holy cow its creamy " then when i looked at my finger I thought, wow, its really rich.

product (for me) last forever (especially if you pack on some powder brown eyeshadow ontop of it) it doesnt glide or fade throughout the day (with this technique).

However when you apply it onto your eye, its not as rich as the swatch I did. I would apply it once, wait 30 seconds or so, then apply on another layer, soon after I lock it with my maybeline quad eyeshadow pallete (I cant find the name but its really popular on YT) I use the liner shadow ontop and it stays on all day.... from 6am when i get ready for class and to 7pm when i get home from class.

Its also easy to wash off you dont have to scrub or anything. I will def. purchase this again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by summerlover77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first cream eyeliner I have used and I think it's great for beginners. I was disappointed with the pigmentation because it's very faint and you have to go over it a few times to really get a defined look. I think the results are worth it though because it's buildable and you can really get a nice clean line. I love this so much even though the pigmentation could really use some work. It's so easy to apply making it great for beginners and since it's not very pigmented, it's easy to fix if you mess up. It's only $3, I'd say it's worth a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by sawmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I happened to buy this for my brows and it's making me pretty happy so far. I was tired of how red the Makeup Forever brow gel was, so I was in Target, saw this and bought it. It's a great color for brows, a little too dark, but I just brush it quickly with a spoolie and it smudges out perfectly. Then I use my favorite taupe pencil to touch up the arches and ends, and my brows are done! Can't beat the price. Definitely need to use a different brush, but luckily I have 2 or 3 of those already. I think it's worth a try because it's so cheap and the color is a true brown with no red or ash to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by eyesonme481

These eyeliners were so inexpensive I bought 6 different colors. The darker ones (black, olive) does show up on the eye lid, but does fade over time. The lighter shades are to light for me and once I apply eye shawdow you cannot even notice the liner.

I do like how it is soft and creamy but I use a bent angle eyeliner brush to apply because I absolutely hate the brush it comes with and I feel like I still have a hard time applying.

I agree with over reviews, if you are on a budget try another drug store brand because there are nicer gel eyeliners for a low cost.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by brenduhhh

It's not pigmented at all and fades really quickly. I like how smooth and creamy it is but otherwise it won't show up on your eyes. There are better brown gel eyeliners out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by kwinters

This was the first cream eyeliner that I tried. I figured that it wasn't worth paying around $20 for a nicer liner if I didn't know if I liked the application method.

I usually buy eyeliners in dark brown because I find black to be too dramatic. Coffee was a little too light for my taste and looked awkward with my eyelashes if I didn't layer it.

The eyeliner comes with a little brush that is quite cheap, but gets the job done. Application was fairly smooth, but could have been better. Staying power is poor. I applied it before work and it was completely gone by lunchtime (less than 4 hours).

Around 2-3 months after I purchased this, the eyeliner was noticeably drying in in the container even though I always completely closed the lid. There's probably 90% unused. Complete waste of money, even if it is cheap.

Two stars for being an economical way to try cream eyeliners, but definitely not something I'd consider for regular use.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by famoushair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited by all the positive reviews of this E.L.F. product. The "Coffee" shade is the first one I've tried, and I am disappointed in its lack of pigmentation. It took several swipes just to get a minimal amount of color to show up on my pale eyelids. I may try another color, but this shade is a "miss" for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by LaSlush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I dont like this eyeliner. actually that was my fault, i was thought that it would be great when i apply to my eyes, but its kinda a common color when its on my eye. its just a natural color. yeah its my fault. I HATE it. its just common, nothing good. really. its disappointed me. REALLY DISAPPOINTING.