E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner - Coffee

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Fantastic color payoff, long lasting, matte finish, doesn't budge... & it's cheap! Love it. It also comes with the cutest little brush!

The color payoff isn't the greatest, I assumed it would be a darker brown. It's more of a mid-toned brown. It is also a bit streaky. Not a big fan.

I've read it's good for brows, so I'll give it a shot. But in terms of eyeliner, it's a no go for me.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The first day I used it, I thought it was great. The next time I used it, the creme had all dried out. I mostly blame the packaging. The studio line packaging is ridiculous.

I ordered my coffee cream eyeliner from the E.L.F website since I had a difficult time locating this item in stores. I have not used this as eyeliner yet, but instead I have used it to fill in my eyebrows. It is really pigmented and creamy. It has not dried out on me yet and does not look like it will anytime soon. If you are looking for something to use on your eyebrows consider trying this. It does wonders and for $3 it is a steal!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this eyeliner! I use it to fill in my brows rather than to line my eyes. The little brush that comes with it works very well also. As a brow color it matches my hair very well. It applies easy and will last until I take it off at night. It is very cheap and is my favorite product to use on brows.

I'd been wanting to try a cream eyeliner and decided to give this one a go. It doesn't have great staying power and I found that it irritated my sensitive eyes. I don't wear eye makeup often for this reason.

If you're looking to experiment with a cream eyeliner this is a cheap option, but don't expect miracles!

Can't say I liked this eyeliner. The color, the consistency, and the payoff were all nice, but it smeared all over my eye very quickly. The actual eyeliner also dried out much quicker than I expected it to. There are much better gel eyeliners in drugstores nowadays. I suggest saving your money and buying another brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this eyeliner. Lately, I've been obsessed with easy, natural eyes and a stained lip. I've been using this daily with the Esscence gel liner brush to line my upper lash line. Even without a primer, it stays all day, doesn't smudge or fade, and is easy to apply. I take a little on my brush (Essence Gel Eyeliner Brush) and smudge it along my lash line, or make on long, clean line if I want a more clean cut look. It comes in a really nice glass (or plastic?) pot with a chic black cap. It also comes with a tiny brush, which I'll keep around because it's actually quite nice for travel or staying overnight at a friend's house. It's small, yes, but it does the job. This was 3.00 at Target. The price is low, the quality is high, and I would definitely buy this again.
Update: wouldn't repurchase, docked two lippies because I find it smudges throughout the day...not good for oily lids. But i really is a nice cream liner if your lids aren't oily.

I just used this once so far, but I'm pretty happy with it.

The packaging is not that big; unless it has changed dramatically, I don't think it is that big or bulky. The brush it comes with is so-so. I could use it in a pinch, but I have 3 other angled brushes to choose from that are much better, so I'd just keep this for the portability factor.

My only complaint is that the package is squared, so the lid is squared, so when you go to screw the lid back on, it is somewhat awkward to do so.

The color isn't that bad. I don't want it super dark, almost black, nor do I want it particularly light. I have dirty blonde/brownish hair, so I prefer to use a brown eyeliner. I don't use black because I look clownish with it. It just doesn't work for me. (Unless I'm wearing a black wig, or another funky kind of style...)

The color is nice, and application is fairly easy. It is quicker and darker than using brown eyeshadow and a wet brush. It is layerable, so if you want it darker, you can work at achieving that. But, I prefer a mid-range color-- not too dark, not too light. So, I find this stuff perfect.

I am sure that I will move up and on, but I think this is definitely a nice starting point. I may edit this review as I wear this more and longer.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Hmm. I don't love this and I don't hate it. The color is a nice brown but it isn't too pigmented. I have a Tarte Amazonian Clay gel liner, but it is SUPER expensive and wanted a drugstore dupe. The brush it comes with sucks and you should use your own. I don't like this as an eyeliner on the top lid, it doesn't show up enough. But I do love it on the waterline. It looks great and lasts forever! I would repurchase for waterline use only though. I gave the packaging a 2 because it is huge, bulky, and impractical.