July 28, 2014 | 1628 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Meteor-Eyes Baked Glitter Eyeshadow Supernova

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by AutumnAngelx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Agreeing with those who say it comes out much darker. Color pay off is brilliant. Looks better when wet. One complaint I have with all HC products: very, very fragile and easy breaking. I take good care of my make up, and still, four different Hard Candy products have shattered on me. Be careful!
I would buy this again, just know it's NOT very purple when dry!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This eyeshadow really grabbed my attention when I was shopping to find some cool looking colours. It's an eggplant purple with bright purple glitter inside. I was wondering whether I should buy the eyeshadow or not because I was scared it would be too vibrant for my coloring and hair color. I decided to buy it anyways. When I applied it I was shocked at how differently it looked in the container and on me. In the container it's a very vivid and beautiful colour but on me it was so boring, dull and had no glitter at all. It also looked like a dark grey, blackish-purple. You could barely see the purple. I ended up doing a smokey eye look which looked great but the colour is definitely not what I was expecting. I never thought of using it wet since I always use my eyeshadows dry, so once I try that out I'll edit this post. As of now, I'm very disappointed. The colour is definitely NOT what I expected.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by wotstaterseh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's really black looking when applied dry, it looks like a purple jewel though when it is wet, love it. It has lots of fallout and there is an odd smell when you open it but it's from the plastic container it is in, not the shadow itself. Pretty good cheap baked shadow though for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by GoatGoatEtc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Supernova (The Purple)
***DISCLAIMER: IN NO WAY IS THIS IN LEAGUE WITH A STYLE BLACK MES. You can see and feel the difference of both Hard Candy
MES and MAC MES. Nothing alike~poor girl's MES sure but NOT A DUPE. NEVER A DUPE. The Style Black MES had glitter that was granulated to NO end so much so you'd think MAC had invented micro-nano-minor-glitter! Hard Candy's MES glitter is just smaller than usual craft glitter.

Supernova: deep eggplant purple w/ red-violet sparkles!

So Supernova is quite dreamy and deep in color applied WET! I would recommend in no other way wearing these Hard Candy shadows BUT WET!

The Fallout is REAL.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really great shadow. But it earns its 5 rating because its a kick ass liner. I used my petra pixi shadow to liner potion.... and it looks amazing!!! love it. That said as a shadow it is very dramatic and needs to be applied by someone who knows what they are doing. love it, love hard candy... i cant get out of walmart without at least two things from this line every time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once I figure out how to keep the glitter on my lids instead of them flaking off all day inconveniently,I will give this a 5 star rating,because I LOVE the color!I am a huge purple eyeshadow freak!This is swirling eggplant/dark purple with gorgeous bright purple glitter!It looks gorgeous on,and I LOVE the packaging,however,I just wish the purple glitter didn't fall over my face!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I was really impressed with Outer Space (the grey) and also heard that these are dupes of the MAC MES, so I wanted them all. Supernova is nice, but the glitter doesn't stay in with the pigment. You have kind of a matte dark purple/black with the glitter over top. For me, I had to pack more glitter on with my brush after applying the shadow to my specifications as far as color is concerned. This is a nice product, but they could have done a little better incorporating the glitter in with the rest of the shadow. ALTHOUGH if you aren't into glitter, this could be a nice matte eggplant shadow for you.

EDIT: You MUST try this and all the other Meteor-Eyes shadows WET. I put a little bit on dry then wet the brush and applied some more and the color goes from a matte purple-black to a rich and sultry eggplant. Also the glitter stays on better when applied wet. Note: I also use this over an eye primer. After trying this wet, I have to change my rating to 5 lippies!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of all the purples I've bought through out the years this ones the best as far as color goes. Its darker and less glittery than it is in the pan. I really liked that it looks shimmery and glittery but am a little bummed that the glitter does fall out and instead of on. I've bought HC eyeshadows from their past line before walmart and can say its a different formula and now *baked* so there is a difference, hence the lippie off. You just have to either build the color or apply it wet to get the color you want. I dont think I'll need to repurchase because they give you alot of product for $6 bucks. If you want to try a dark purple eyeshadow get this one or Sallygirl's mini baked purple- their both really good. EDIT- I marked it down a lippie because it makes me look like I have a couple bruises on both eyes. It's much too dark almost like a purple black. I had to mix other purple e/s to make it look more like a true light purple and give it life - use this more as a crease color or wet for an eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I uploaded a picture of Hard Candy Supernova and MACs YOUNG PUNK in the photos here to show you how these 2 shadows are almost identical. In the pots they look very similar but on they are honestly identical other then the fact that the hard candy version has a tad less glitter and fall out which I think most people will actually like even better. In real life these swatched even more alike then in the photo. For those of you looking for MACs YOUNG PUNK save yourself alot of money and time searching for the HTF LE shadow and buy Hard Candy's version in SUPERNOVA. I purchased the hard candy shadow at WalMart for $6.00.

Both are a purple glittery mineralized eye shadow with a slight bit of black throughout. These make a stunning smokey eye. I love them both!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by GreyWarden

I bought this and the deep blue shade (can't remember the name) because the colors were just to pretty. In the package this is a lush violet color with swirls of purple glitter. These drew my attention because I love to have bold, dramatic eye color, but applied dry (and with no primer *sad*) they are very very sheer. This purple appears grey, and could be used for a subtle smoky look. Applied wet (also without primer *still sad*) they are darker, like they look in the package. For the price they aren't too bad. I haven't had them for very long, and while I doubt I will run out of the color and need to rebuy it, I can indeed see myself purchasing some of the other colors. I will likely update after I have had some time to play with this. My only real complaint about this shadow is that its hard (this is the first "baked" shadow I have ever bought, I hope they aren't all like this), I am used to getting alot of color without having to press hard on the shadow itself.