December 19, 2014 | 1249 users online

Eye Primer - mark - Please Hold Eye Primer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just find that it did nothing for me. After a while I found it was creasing, it made lines and wrinkles appear more and didn't help my eyeshadow last longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jmejellybean

I wanted to like this, but it just kept creasing! Not bad as a concealer. I did like the packaging though!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

Yep! This stuff sucks big time! I know I am not in the age group for this particular brand but I needed something that might help with my sweating eyelids lately. ;-) Something to do with my heart issues is what was suggested to me as to why this starting happening. Rather than waste all of my UD primer from this awful symptom, I thought I would give this stuff a try. I have attempted numerous times now to get this stuff to look good but with no luck! I am going to try a wet brush today and try again since I still do not want to waste my favorite one. This stuff is so thick! I have the light/med. one and I still think it changes the color of my shadows! I have used it under my eyes too and it still is no good for my likes. It makes my UD & other best shadows look way too heavy and powdery, and forget about trying to blend anything together. I am very disappointed with the quality of this from Mark. Mark makes many great products but this one needs a lot more work to meet any standard I would call good. Sometimes I think companies just throw out any kind of junk product to try and stay up with other brands that are selling well because they work great. After all, even if only half the buyers send the junk back, they still will make millions off the one's who just don't bother. Shame on you Mark!
I do like the container w/the little mirror just to say something nice here. There seems to be a good amount of product too, but who cares how much bad product is in the thing if it is no good? i gave it a 3 on packaging quality ;-) and a 3 on price because considering how bad it is, I think their price is too high!
Update:
I have discovered that if you use a wet brush and thin this stuff out, it works better. What a pain, but rather than waste something Avon told me to keep, thought I should try something. I got the idea because the UD one is so much thinner. Some of you may have a better solution to use than water and if so, please tell me. Our water has so many chemicals in it, it is probably not good to use that close to my eyes.
I left my rating the same because anything that has to be doctored up to use is not that good of a product and I think Mark needs to vamp this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by crobyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this product. I have fairly oily skin and definitely have problems with creasing. I bought this for $10 and was pleasantly surprised! It holds my eyeshadow nicely , and also works great as an under eye concealer. It does crease after about 6 hours but for $10 I don't mind. I will buy this again for sure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought UDPP and it works excellent but am hunting for cheaper alternative for my gym bag. Enter mark in light/med. It evened out my oily, hooded lids but creased after an hour. Once I cleared that crease, my eyeshadow had no more creasing. My eyeshadows seem to have melted together - no more smoky eyes. Looks good on its own though to brighten the face. Tried it as concealer but my circles are better served by Laura Mercier. Will keep hunting...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this creases like grease! yuck. going back.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Starae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't like this, but I've definitely had worse.
It crease after just a few hours and left my eyelids feeling really
sticky after that amount of time.
It is a nice color for me as an undereye primer/concealer, which is what I'm going to use it for now.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by kricket3142

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this because i was running low on my UDPP and thought that this would get me by for a while and was cheaper for me since i'm a rep, well i tried it today and it was AWFUL!!! it feels oily when you put it on and it made my eyeshadow crease, and my eyeshadow doesn't ever crease. the color did not go one true as it does with my UDPP and it faded after a couple of hours. i know it's not fair to compare it to a higher end product but i have also used the Mary Kay eye primer and that one works just as well as the UDPP, i will definiately not buy this again or recommend it. by the way i do not have oily eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by thisisfrannie

My mum is an Avon rep, and i saw this in the What's New catalog (kind of like a Coming Soon book for Reps ) and i saw this. i ordered it right away, BUT i found that it creased like crazy! I have ridiculously oily lids in the spring and summer, and a little bit into the fall. I think i will pull this out in the winter and try it then, but for now, its at the bottom of my makeup case.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by surfergirl_81

I like this! My HG primer is UDPP, but this is becoming my second fave. My lids are not oily. When I put this on my shadow lasts through the workday well into the early evening without creasing. Price is nice as well. It only comes in two shades though, so that might be a problem for some. I also like the fact that even though this is a tinted product it is natural - it didn't turn white on my lids like the Kat Von D eyeshadow primer did. This also does help with concealing around the eye area. I would get this again.