Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray

3.3

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000)

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this in a set of I think 4 or 5 others from Ulta for $15 (!!!) and its regularly about $35. Great price, totally worth it.

Anyways, this a deep black. Its easy to apply (doesn't tug, glides) and takes a minute or two to set giving you time to smudge it. I usually just use it as a liner and don't smudge it, but I'm sure it gives you enough time to smudge before setting. Its quite resistant to water and tugging. Also, it lasts an entire school day without fading like a lot of other liners.

However, one little issue is that it transfers! It's not much of an issue for me because I do my makeup goth style (black eye-shadow all over lid) so its not noticeable. This means for all you that want to do natural looks with this, it'll be high maintenance and you'll have to fix it every few hours.

Overall, love it! Not sure if I'd buy it again out of the fabulous set but its been nice have.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

For quite a long time, I was terrified of wearing black eyeliner for fear of the dreaded raccoon eyes. Although this was rather pricey ($20 for a skinny little stick-yikes!), I bought this in hopes that it would satisfy my eyeliner needs. I love the color stingray because it's the perfect warm, shimmery brown liner that pairs nicely with natural shadows. The color isn't flaky or smudgy, and is so easy to apply. However, if you want to thicken the line you just made, good luck with that. This liner sets/dries really fast.
Now that I'm perfectly comfortable with black liner, I like to use this lightly on my bottom lash line, or with very natural shadow. Overall, I love this liner. It's great for beginners or anyone who wants a little shimmer.

Black eyeliner is the one thing that i use every day so i've tried many brands of black eyeliner MAC, stila, chanel, Urban Decay, Benefit and this one is no better than the others, it does the job fine but i would still go back to MAC's black eyeliner pencil in engraved, just because its cheaper and lasts me longer and does everything the Stila does, or if i wanted another roll on eyeliner i would just go with MAC's roll on pencils which are about the same price as the stila's but i can B2M them. Stila does have some cool colors out right now for their roll on pencils (yellow, turquoise, and some other cool colors) but they run out kinda fast and im not sure if its just me but this black pencil starts to clump onto my eyelashes and i dont wear mascara so i know its the eyeliner and especially on my bottom lashes start to have eyeliner clumps so i'd rather just go back to the MAC pencil which didnt do that.

Just terrible. I used it once for family dinner, and after coming back it was ALL OVER MY EYELID like an eyeshadow. How embarrassing! My $5 liner is waaaay better than this overpriced crap.

The most horrible eyeliner I've ever bought. Every time I use it it smudges at the slightest touch and it clumps on my eyelashes very easily. It's also extremely difficult to remove it cos it runs and smudges all over my face before coming all off. Another irritating thing is that this eyeliner cause a stinging feeling in my eyes even after removed not sure if it's allergy or anything cos this has never happened before. Never never ever buying this again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This eyeliner is definitely waterproof and the color is great. However, I wear contacts and shortly after applying it to my waterline, my contacts dried out. They were covered in a thin film of black liner and it won't come off. I would say be careful using this is you wear contacts.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Overall I love this because it actually glides on my waterline with out a million swipes but it does smear in the corners of my eyes but I've realized less is more I use a very thin line and that helps a bit. The packaging on the other hand sucks! It will not roll down one bit and it takes forever to roll up but the fact it will apply easily out weights everything else so I will always repurchase!

First off, I do wear contacts and I bought this eyeliner specifically for my tight line. it works great, but the lasting power isn't very good. By the end of the day, I have eyeliner along the corners of my eyes and under my lash line.

When I first bought this product, I wasn't really sure with it; meaning that some people had bad reviews and some had great. When I first tried it, it was very pigmented, better than most that I've tried and had to re-apply many times; With this one, I didn't. The only part that I didn't quite like about it was, as somebody else said, it dried my eyes alot, so I had to use eye drops, also I recommend you wear this with a eye primer, because it can get very....smudgy if you don't. When I would happen to not wear primer, the product would smudge onto my crease when I blinked after a few hours. So those are the few down sides of this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Despite what some of the other reviews on this product describe, I personally have not had any problems with this liner. It applies well for me in a nice thin line and stays put even through a busy work day (8-12 hours).

If it helps anyone decide, I don't have particularly oily or dry lids and I always use an eye primer (current favorite from Bare Minerals). I also don't usually have issues with most eye products smearing or smudging on me.

The color appears to be a pretty basic black on me, not super dark like UD Perversion but fairly pigmented.

I also find twist up eyeliners good for traveling or to keep in my purse / work bag since I don't need to also carry a sharpener. The only issues I've found with some of Stila's liners is that once you've twisted them up they don't necessarily retract.