April 19, 2014 | 859 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by galsunday

I like the retractable pen so I dont have to sharpen. Twist only the amount you need to use cos you cant twist it back. The color glides on like gel. Very nice, very easy to use. I applied at the waterline and just outside the bottom lashes. Then using a slanted tip brush I evened out the product. With this technique I found the product does not smudge even after a whole night of dancing. That`s the trick. Keep blending to even out color. Its also waterproof so you need a remover for this. I like the star studded packaging. But this is one expensive liner!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by fwoo

I'm always trying to find a black eyeliner for my waterline, still on the hunt clearly. I rated this as a 3 on price, for a liner, its not bad. I used this on my waterline and to line my lower lashline, then i smudge it bit. When i left the house, it looked great with my daytime smoky eye. However, by the end of my five hour shift, i looked like i was crying. The liner had smudged so far underneath the outer lower lash line. It was terrible. The only thing is that it is definitely waterproof because i couldn't even fix it. I just came right home and removed all my makeup. It was that bad. Do not purchase this. I will give it one more chance, just on the waterline and maybe set with a black eye shadow. If that fails, i might have to throw it away....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkchopstix13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite liner for my water line thus far. I have very sensitive eyes so usually as soon as I line my water line my eyes start watering and completely wash away my work. This stuff does a pretty good job and doesn't seem to irritate me. I usually just touch it up later on in the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in a sephora insider set. I am always looking for new waterproof eyeliners to use on my lower waterline. I had so much hope for this liner. It migrated to the inner corners of my eyes within an hour before I had even finished getting ready to go out and by the time I realized it it was too late to wash makeup off and start over. Thank goodness I was going to a family function so my eyeliner migrating wouldn't be talked about too much but if this had been a date I'd have been sooo embarassed.
I did like how creamy the liner is and how easy it went on. I am always wary of "waterproof" liners though. I always end up going back to my HG maybelline expert eyes (the red pencils) that you have to warm up with a lighter. I may use this liner up and try it up my upper lash line but I may end up giving it to a younger cousin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by shannoodles

This eyeliner i had high hopes for because on the stila website it said it was one of their best sellers. I have super duper oily lids as i have hooded eyelids. This eyeliner smduged like crazy within the first hour i put it on my top lashline. With a primer, it lasted for about 4 hours then started to run down to my lower lashline and i had the worst racoon eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by dihfer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the liner in a set of 5 and day 1 when i was trying to twist it up a bit I couldnt get it back down and eventually ruin the whole liner and had to throw it! I'm now very concern about the remaining 4 and I'm afraid to twist it up!! For a liner of its price I would expect a better packaging and although I cannot comment on the actual product itself as of yet (coz I had to throw it) I probably wouldnt recommend or buy it again as I believe with this price tag I can get something similar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Kinda disappointed. I was using sephora retractable waterproof liner, which was pretty good, but the eyeliner would ultimately smudge and end up underneath my eye by the end of the day, even though I only wear it above my top lash line. I really wanted to get a retractable black liner that would not do this. I asked someone at sephora, and she recommended this liner. The first thing i noticed was that it was a creamier consistency, thicker, and much darker. I didn't like the thickness, but thought it was worth a try. Yes, it's pretty waterproof and definitely not easy to wash off, but it still doesn't stay put. I'm not sure which is better, this or the sephora. Since it's so thick, it's hard to make it look even. I do like the ease with which you can apply this, but I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ljacks

Using this product feels absolutely decadent! It glides on so smoothly with no tugging at all, and makes such a nice, even line that I never really have to go over the same spot twice--no skipping! I haven't noticed any fading after ~8 hours of wear, which says a lot since the formula is such a rich black.

My only issue is the smudging. I have noticed this tends to slide around a bit on my eye. When lining just the top lid, I occasionally have to wipe up around the edge of my eyes. Not exactly a raccoon effect (it could be a lot worse!) but also not a "set it and forget it" type deal either. For stay-a-bility, I prefer Revlon Colorstay, but for a bit of a luxe, effortless application, it's Stila all the way.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by planetnars

This liner lives up to its claims of staying all day. Once it is set it truly goes nowhere; though this statement does not apply to the waterline. Unfortunately, taking it off was rather long and tedious. The texture is very creamy and nice but I could not apply these to my waterline without experiencing some stinging. Also, not all of the liners seem to be of the same quality. The black and bronze seem to be the most opaque and are the best offerings. The worst offerings would be the two purple shades as these are not very pigmented, though the texture is still very nice. I like the packaging but the amount you get is quite small for the price though to be fair you won't need to re-apply once you've put it on so it does conserve itself a bit in that way. If it came off more easily during the removal process and was waterline friendly I would probably be happy to repurchase but those drawbacks are just too irksome to overlook.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HATE eyeliners because every single one smudges on me under my eyes. BUT, love love love this eyeliner. I used to use Benefit's bad gal waterproof but it was soo smudgy, and the pencil was so hard on my eyes.

This pencil liner is particularly interesting...it is buttery soft/smooth on, glides on like a dream, looks like gel liner, and the color is black, and SUPER easy to work with. I am a very lazy girl and I hate spending a long time doing my make up but with this one it is so easy and it stays on.

The following eyeliners failed on me (Meaning it smeared on my undereye creating dark circles:

Mac fluidline
Bobbi Brown gel liner
Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof liner
Maybelline Gel Liner
Urban Decay Zero
About 5 other different pencil liners.

This one makes my eyes pop. I am asian and about NW20, or 25 or even 30 in the summer.

I love black eyeliners because it makes my eyes pop. However, I think blonde people may find the black a little bit too harsh on their eyes.