October 21, 2014 | 1709 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Very pigmented, but it tugs a little when applied and it's not long-lasting at all. Smudges up into my upper lids pretty quickly. That's my biggest eyeliner-related pet peeve. I need my eyeliner to stay in place until I take it off at the end of the day.
This product does not meet my expectations, I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by xXRawrOwO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this product, I wasn't really sure with it; meaning that some people had bad reviews and some had great. When I first tried it, it was very pigmented, better than most that I've tried and had to re-apply many times; With this one, I didn't. The only part that I didn't quite like about it was, as somebody else said, it dried my eyes alot, so I had to use eye drops, also I recommend you wear this with a eye primer, because it can get very....smudgy if you don't. When I would happen to not wear primer, the product would smudge onto my crease when I blinked after a few hours. So those are the few down sides of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Despite what some of the other reviews on this product describe, I personally have not had any problems with this liner. It applies well for me in a nice thin line and stays put even through a busy work day (8-12 hours).

If it helps anyone decide, I don't have particularly oily or dry lids and I always use an eye primer (current favorite from Bare Minerals). I also don't usually have issues with most eye products smearing or smudging on me.

The color appears to be a pretty basic black on me, not super dark like UD Perversion but fairly pigmented.

I also find twist up eyeliners good for traveling or to keep in my purse / work bag since I don't need to also carry a sharpener. The only issues I've found with some of Stila's liners is that once you've twisted them up they don't necessarily retract.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Flowerbby

I wore this eyeliner to the gym and it stayed! I can wear this all day long on my water line and it doesnt budge, and usually eyeliner is running down my eyes right after I apply it. But there is a downside I gave it a four because it makes my eyes a little red so I use eye drops when I use this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bah. I got this as a GWP and I will be throwing it out. I love several of the smudge sticks but this one looks horrible on me and it smudges too much -- just looks messy and like a mistake, not intentional. I am very pale with yellow undertones (NC15) and no matter how sparingly I use this, it makes me look like a floozy. This dark cold gray (almost black) is so inky that it clashes with my blond hair and pale, warm skin. Makes me look sick and like I put it on when drunk. Not good! And the twist-up pencil means that it's never sharp - not good for a skinny pencil meant for precision lining. It also comes off really easily with water - it's not waterproof in the least. There are way better cheaper options at the drugstore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by product_junkie6

I got a free full size version of stingray from Sephora using my points. The colour and texture of this pencil is nice but by the end of the day I look like a raccoon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by galsunday

I like the retractable pen so I dont have to sharpen. Twist only the amount you need to use cos you cant twist it back. The color glides on like gel. Very nice, very easy to use. I applied at the waterline and just outside the bottom lashes. Then using a slanted tip brush I evened out the product. With this technique I found the product does not smudge even after a whole night of dancing. That`s the trick. Keep blending to even out color. Its also waterproof so you need a remover for this. I like the star studded packaging. But this is one expensive liner!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by fwoo

I'm always trying to find a black eyeliner for my waterline, still on the hunt clearly. I rated this as a 3 on price, for a liner, its not bad. I used this on my waterline and to line my lower lashline, then i smudge it bit. When i left the house, it looked great with my daytime smoky eye. However, by the end of my five hour shift, i looked like i was crying. The liner had smudged so far underneath the outer lower lash line. It was terrible. The only thing is that it is definitely waterproof because i couldn't even fix it. I just came right home and removed all my makeup. It was that bad. Do not purchase this. I will give it one more chance, just on the waterline and maybe set with a black eye shadow. If that fails, i might have to throw it away....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkchopstix13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite liner for my water line thus far. I have very sensitive eyes so usually as soon as I line my water line my eyes start watering and completely wash away my work. This stuff does a pretty good job and doesn't seem to irritate me. I usually just touch it up later on in the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in a sephora insider set. I am always looking for new waterproof eyeliners to use on my lower waterline. I had so much hope for this liner. It migrated to the inner corners of my eyes within an hour before I had even finished getting ready to go out and by the time I realized it it was too late to wash makeup off and start over. Thank goodness I was going to a family function so my eyeliner migrating wouldn't be talked about too much but if this had been a date I'd have been sooo embarassed.
I did like how creamy the liner is and how easy it went on. I am always wary of "waterproof" liners though. I always end up going back to my HG maybelline expert eyes (the red pencils) that you have to warm up with a lighter. I may use this liner up and try it up my upper lash line but I may end up giving it to a younger cousin.