Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray

3.3

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This eyeliner is definitely waterproof and the color is great. However, I wear contacts and shortly after applying it to my waterline, my contacts dried out. They were covered in a thin film of black liner and it won't come off. I would say be careful using this is you wear contacts.

on 1/21/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Overall I love this because it actually glides on my waterline with out a million swipes but it does smear in the corners of my eyes but I've realized less is more I use a very thin line and that helps a bit. The packaging on the other hand sucks! It will not roll down one bit and it takes forever to roll up but the fact it will apply easily out weights everything else so I will always repurchase!

on 10/22/2013 11:21:00 PM

First off, I do wear contacts and I bought this eyeliner specifically for my tight line. it works great, but the lasting power isn't very good. By the end of the day, I have eyeliner along the corners of my eyes and under my lash line.

on 8/6/2013 8:35:00 PM

When I first bought this product, I wasn't really sure with it; meaning that some people had bad reviews and some had great. When I first tried it, it was very pigmented, better than most that I've tried and had to re-apply many times; With this one, I didn't. The only part that I didn't quite like about it was, as somebody else said, it dried my eyes alot, so I had to use eye drops, also I recommend you wear this with a eye primer, because it can get very....smudgy if you don't. When I would happen to not wear primer, the product would smudge onto my crease when I blinked after a few hours. So those are the few down sides of this product.

on 6/29/2013 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Despite what some of the other reviews on this product describe, I personally have not had any problems with this liner. It applies well for me in a nice thin line and stays put even through a busy work day (8-12 hours).

If it helps anyone decide, I don't have particularly oily or dry lids and I always use an eye primer (current favorite from Bare Minerals). I also don't usually have issues with most eye products smearing or smudging on me.

The color appears to be a pretty basic black on me, not super dark like UD Perversion but fairly pigmented.

I also find twist up eyeliners good for traveling or to keep in my purse / work bag since I don't need to also carry a sharpener. The only issues I've found with some of Stila's liners is that once you've twisted them up they don't necessarily retract.

on 6/28/2013 11:12:00 AM

I wore this eyeliner to the gym and it stayed! I can wear this all day long on my water line and it doesnt budge, and usually eyeliner is running down my eyes right after I apply it. But there is a downside I gave it a four because it makes my eyes a little red so I use eye drops when I use this product.

on 3/14/2013 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Bah. I got this as a GWP and I will be throwing it out. I love several of the smudge sticks but this one looks horrible on me and it smudges too much -- just looks messy and like a mistake, not intentional. I am very pale with yellow undertones (NC15) and no matter how sparingly I use this, it makes me look like a floozy. This dark cold gray (almost black) is so inky that it clashes with my blond hair and pale, warm skin. Makes me look sick and like I put it on when drunk. Not good! And the twist-up pencil means that it's never sharp - not good for a skinny pencil meant for precision lining. It also comes off really easily with water - it's not waterproof in the least. There are way better cheaper options at the drugstore.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got a free full size version of stingray from Sephora using my points. The colour and texture of this pencil is nice but by the end of the day I look like a raccoon!

on 2/22/2013 11:53:00 PM

I like the retractable pen so I dont have to sharpen. Twist only the amount you need to use cos you cant twist it back. The color glides on like gel. Very nice, very easy to use. I applied at the waterline and just outside the bottom lashes. Then using a slanted tip brush I evened out the product. With this technique I found the product does not smudge even after a whole night of dancing. That`s the trick. Keep blending to even out color. Its also waterproof so you need a remover for this. I like the star studded packaging. But this is one expensive liner!

on 2/4/2013 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm always trying to find a black eyeliner for my waterline, still on the hunt clearly. I rated this as a 3 on price, for a liner, its not bad. I used this on my waterline and to line my lower lashline, then i smudge it bit. When i left the house, it looked great with my daytime smoky eye. However, by the end of my five hour shift, i looked like i was crying. The liner had smudged so far underneath the outer lower lash line. It was terrible. The only thing is that it is definitely waterproof because i couldn't even fix it. I just came right home and removed all my makeup. It was that bad. Do not purchase this. I will give it one more chance, just on the waterline and maybe set with a black eye shadow. If that fails, i might have to throw it away....