Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Moisturizer

2.6

Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbaden Leaf Juice, Caprylic/Capric Triglyverides, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceterarth-20, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Lecithin, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Trapaeolum Majus Extract, Terminalia Chebula Extract, Porphyridium Cruentum Extract, Hydroxyethel Ethylcellulose, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Stem Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Slicylic Acid, Sodium Salicylate, Tocopherol, Echinacea, Angustifolia Extract, Pathenol, Fragrance/Parfum, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Linalool.

on 7/12/2013 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I didn't really care for this product that much. I bought it on a whim at Ulta. The name is what first got my attention. I've been looking for a good oil control lotion or gel. This sounded promising. I had a $3.50 off coupon, and bought two items. I don't remember what I paid, but I think it was under $4 with the coupon. I love the huge tube, and I like the scent. The price is also very reasonable. It feels very light and dries quickly.

But there are also quite few things I didn't like. First, this moisturizer is extremely runny. It runs out as soon as you uncap it and tip it over. You don't even have to squeeze. Shaking the tube does seem to help somewhat, but it is still very runny.

I didn't really notice much mattifying effect, at least for me. It also didn't do much of anything in regards to controlling oil. It also didn't help my makeup stay on longer. Even with this product, my makeup still disappeared into oblivion around the 4 hour mark. I was really disappointed. When I read the back of the tube, I was excited. I thought I'd found something that might actually work, but sadly, it didn't live up to its promises. I will probably finish out the tube because I'm getting sick of buying stuff and throwing it in the trash. But I won't repurchase.

on 6/30/2013 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product did mattify my skin which I liked for putting makeup on. However, it didn't help my dry areas and it started drying out other portions of my face. Even if I liked the product, the packaging is so awful it would prevent me from ever wanting to buy it again. The product comes spilling out and makes a mess in the cap. When you open it, the moisturizer goes everywhere and you have to try scooping it back in the bottle. I am nearly out of this moisturizer and will not be repurchasing.

on 6/1/2013 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Was good the first couple times I used it. Started breaking me out in not so oily areas of my face. Now I only put it on the really oily spots. Don't think I will be repurchasing. Scent is terrible, but not noticeable after application. Consistency too liquidy for this type of packaging.

on 5/24/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm irritated because of this product.
No seriously, irritated as in my skin is now covered with freaking pimples.
I found out that you have to use only a certain amount of this product to get a 'shinefree' finish.
This product is a waste, I bought it because the packaging was simple and it looked nice, only to find out that this gooey mess was crap.
I found a way to use this product without throwing it away, though. I use this sometimes on my sunburns and the sunburns fade away pretty nicely, also, I use this on my body as a body moisturizer and I must say, it's not that bad.
Not repurchasing. This product is crap.

on 4/14/2013 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was so disappointed by this product. I absolutely love the Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox mask, but this moisturizer is absolutely awful. The texture is thin and greasy, and it made me break out! I've just recently really begun to focus on skincare, and I was horrified to find that this moisturizer made my face break out all over.

The packaging is beautiful, but that's pretty much the only positive thing I have to say about this product. Stick with Formula 10.0.6's face masks.

on 3/28/2013 11:12:00 PM

I've been using this for about a month, and it's awful. It moisturizes badly and it leaves the greasiest layer on top. It burns your eyes too! it's not gentle enough to be used around your eyes like a moisturizer should be. I could put it on at night , and in the morning have oil all over my face. it's packaging is pretty bad too, the lid slips right off. the consistency is just completely liquid, i opened the cap and it just started to spill out. it smells bad :L
won't be buying again.

on 3/22/2013 12:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have a love hate relationship with this moisturizer, I've already repurchased it for a second time. I'll start with what I like about it... I've never used a moisturizer that the moisturizer its self helps with blemishes. I occasionally get those annoying blemishes during monthly time and from some make up products and everytime i use this almost instantly the redness and soreness is gone. Next day the blemish its self is almost completely gone. I've no idea why this occurs but I really like that about this product. Plus the bottle is cute.
NOW for the not so pleasant things. The texture is awful, very liquidy. As soon as you take the top off and go to pour it into you hand the product just pours out without even squeezing the bottle. I suggest keeping the box it came it so you can store it upright.
During the winter months when it gets really cold I do sometimes have to add an extra layer on my cheek areas.
The smell isn't to bad, not great but not cringe worthy either.
I will be repurchasing since the strange healing ability it seems to have over blemishes.

on 1/18/2013 1:49:00 AM

I hate this I hate this I hate this.

IT STINGS YOUR EYES. You should be able to apply a moisturizer around your eyes and feel safe that they won't burn and sting! For this reason alone it deserves 1 star. Moisturizers should be gentle.

This did not mattify my skin either, it looked oily and dried patchy! Too runny and not moisturizing at all. It felt like runny sun-lotion on my skin. It smelt like sun lotion too.

Awful stuff. Nice packaging but it's deceptive!

on 1/4/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am in the minority here but I happen to love this moisturizer. I stumbled on this at the drugstore which is a plus because it's easier to access than mid-high end stuff and cheaper. I have extremely oily skin that is dehydrated. This seems to keep my skin less oily and I've tried just about everything. It's winter here and I know most people are less oily but I never seem to lose my oiliness regardless of the season. I also like that the product comes from the bottom so you get as much of the product out as you can. I'm also acne-prone and this has not broken me out.

on 12/1/2012 6:28:00 AM

I was a little freak with 10.0.6 since I loved the first product I tried.
(Pores be Pure mudmask), well I bought this because I really needed a moisturizor.

It is supposed to take away shine, unfortunatly that isn't the case.

I DO sometimes have dry-prone skin so I thought about skipping it but I had tried similar products that had worked but there were other factors that made me NOT want to buy them (I used a thicker cream before which worked and smelled nice but it's expensive) so I went ahead and bought this one since my dry skin creates shining layers (my skin feels tight and "pulled back" which gives you a shiny look, if you have dry skin you might know what I am talking about).

Positive:
+ It does remove the shine
+ You only need a little of the cream to cover the face

Negative:
- The smell isn't awful but it's nothing you enjoy. A friend described it as a car scent.
- It's consistency is runny
- Since it's so "liquified" it's NOT a good "upside-down" packaging.
- It doesn't moisturize ENOUGH
- It leaves dry patches, ESPECIALLY around the mouth.
- Even though it's OK on the forehead it's BAD around mouth and cheeks.

So as you see I would NEVER buy this product again. I am very disappointed because I WANT to like it!

If you have very oily skin I would recommend it but not to someone else. (If you have mixed skin than I recommend mixing it with a thicker cream. But that could be pricy).

Popular Moisturizers