December 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear Bronzer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Physicians Formula Healthy Wear bronzer is a solid choice from PF, which seems to concentrate on powder products and bronzers. It boasts "SPF 50" protection; I don't think anyone could possibly apply enough powder to reap the full benefit, but having physical sunblocks is a nice extra in this smooth, finely milled, talc-based powder. My shade, Fair, is a nice, non-orange light tan, suitable for contouring. There's mica in the powder, but it looks matte on my skin. It lasts well over primer and foundation or powder. Also, the compact is a bit less bulky than most of PF's offerings and seems more sturdy. The mirror is in the lid, so I don't have to fiddle with lifting the powder to get to the mirror, etc. It's definitely one of PF's better offerings.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by powiedot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually wanted to get the Healthy Wear Powder Foundation SPF 50, not the bronzer. The bronzer was on sale at Rite Aid, BOGO free. I had 2 coupons for PF bronzers and I figured, hey why not. Besides, Rite Aid has good return policy for cosmetics if it doesn't work for me.

I have light-medium, sensitive, ance-prone, oily asian skin with very strong yellow undertone. I get quite tanned in the summer due to love to swim and run. I don't need a bronzer because I get very tanned. I just need good SPF powder. Finding foundation and powder is usually a nightmare and I am not willing to pay over $40 at fancy department stores for someone to match my skin color. I prefer very light coverage anyways. I figured that maybe a bronzer will match my skin better. I bought light. The powder matched my skin perfectly! It went on matte and didn't cause acne. It made my skin appeared much smoother. I did have to blot oil after about 2 - 3 hours, but that is with just about anything I use. I reapply after blotting.

I read that some people doesn't like the brush. I actually like the brush the bronzer came with. kabuki brush does work better, but it is not portable. I prefer less stuff in my purse.

LOVE THIS STUFF!

UPDATE 11/30/2011: Now that summer been over for a while. I am much lighter. For reference, I am NC 40 in the summer and NC 25 in winter. I am using the regular Healthy Wear foundation SPF 50 in Natural Beige. Natural Beige matches my much paler winter skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this bronzer, I bought it in Light (NC-20/25) and this color reminds me of EM's Soft Bronzer. Application is smooth, shimmer free, natural looking and doesn't feel heavy. It might not provided "bronze" for some, but if you are so inclined, mix Light and Medium for a deeper color that won't look fake or scary. My favorite thing about this bronzer is the SPF 50 - love! Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by kikibug

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am around NC25 and bought this shade in medium. If i want to contour, i grab a fluffy angled brush. If i want to use it as a setting powder, it's a bit dark for my skin color, but i just grab a large fluffy brush so the color can be dusted on. Denser brushes pick up more product.
I love how this is multi purpose! The quality of the powder itself is good- it is very fine, and you only need a dab or two with your brush to pick up color. It looks great on the skin, very natural and matte on the face.
I also love how this has a high spf, perfect for summer! I like to apply spf year-round though, so i may get this in light for winter time as medium is a bit too dark for all sale.
As for the price, I got this for buy one get one free, plus an additional 5 off! The retail price is a little steep, so i recommend getting this on sale! Try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by heenan

best bronzer i have ever used!! the color is natural and buildable on my light med aisan skin. makes my face looks glowy and soft not flat and harsh like many even HE bronzers..i got the light it is mistake proof as i tend to apply everything heavy not sure why so i must use very natural looking colors...it was BOGO so i got the med too but wish i wud have just gotten another light back up as the med makes my face look a lil too dark and fakey when i get into better lighting ..Oh well i will def buy again..love the 50 spf too another reason to go lighter and just appply more ha!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Ruiz4books

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got two of these in light plus the shimmers blush and highlighting for only $1.13!! There's a sale at CVS and I had some coupons but what would have cost me over 40 dollars was almost free! You just can't beat that. But anyway, I tried it today and I'm so glad I bought this. It was perfect. It wasn't orange at all and even though it looks slightly shimmery in the container it pretty much applied matte. Love it. And I'm pretty light but this doesn't look too dark or dirty. Its perfect. I bought a revlon bronzer a few weeks ago and it was a total fail, it made me look orange and was too shimmery. Just the fact that I got this for so cheap was worth buying it but I would definitely recommend this even at regular price. Its an awesome product.

Edit: This actually makes me very oily and I just don't find myself reaching for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by nycmto

I bought my 1st one at ulta about 20% off ($14 orig) and i loved it so much I got more at cvs for about $3 each during a sale. At first I did thought that Medium was too light when I swatched it on my arm.But after using a kabuki brush and using it like a "setting powder" or a "tinted mineral veil", I noticed my face looked smoother and glowing at the end of the day. As if I went to the beach! Not kidding. Did not broke me out either. Im NC30 winter and NC35 summer for ref.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For some reason I can't find a PF foundation to match my NC42 skin but I do love their bronzers. This one is a perfect shade for me, blends easily, and it has almost zero shimmer, and it has SPF. Love the cute compact too. I got it at Rite Aid for almost nothing since it was on sale and I had a $5 coupon. Great product

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by khanif247

My favorite!!! I use it with the PF SPF50 TM + PF SPF50 Translucent powder - my favorite combo yet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Tan, and FINALLY after trying gazillon bronzers, this is the least glittery/shimmery bronzer I have ever tried that doesnt look dirty. Im NC40, next time Im going to try light because it would match my skin perfectly. It covers the skin evenly too. UPDATE 08-2011: I finally got this bronzer in LIGHT color, and I dont know why it took me so long to try this again. Oh My Goodness!!!!!!!!!! this matches my skintone exactly. Its not as yellow, but the tan color is dark enough to use this as a foundation. I use this when I am running outside. It gives me sunprotection, and it doesnt sweat off like liquid makeup. It doesnt break me out....which is another plus...actual sunscreen lotions break me out terribly. This was hard to find, but I was able to find this at Rite Aid. I have posted my picture above.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No