Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment

3.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

glycerin, olive fruit oil, oat kernel protein, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, lanolin, tocopherol, nettle leaf powder, rosemary powder, chlorophyll, fragrance

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE THIS STUFF!!! Wasn't expecting much but wanted to try a pre-shampoo. I didn't totally wet my hair just got it damp (didn't want to decrease potency) and applied a couple of teaspoons to the bottom three inches of my hair for 1/2 hour before washing. Immediately after washing and still a wash later the bottom of my hair feels hydrated and healthier than the top!! I am really excited my dry, frizzy, ends may have met their match!

****EDIT*** I tried this again without the same results. I came to realize it was a different product that was giving me the fantastic results. It was Ion overnight treatment which I used a day before or after the burts bees treatment. Burts bees is moisturizing but doesn't silkify and tame my hair like the ion overnight does.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVVVE this stuff. I used to use it as a hair mask and didn't appreciate it too much...until I read the back and saw that it could be used as a styling product. Now I use just a dime size amt on my long curly/wavy hair after smoothing leave-in conditioner in and it works to tame my curls and leave them soft with definition and no frizz. It is perfect for days when I want to wear my hair curly. The only drawback is if you use too much, your hair will look oily. It has to be a very very small amount smoothed throughout your hair to work well. It acts as if there are silicones in it and there are none! So healthy and good for your hair.

I purchased this on impulse and regretted it. It's very greasy and none to pleasant to use. I did not notice much result, and neither did my partner. Another problem is the thickness, which made it hard to fully work into the hair. Perhaps this would work on very dry hair but its definately not for me!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The texture is really thick and sticky and i saw no improvement in my hair so yaa...

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is a great pre-shampoo treatment. My hair felt really nice and oft after using this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product had some rehydrating effects for my hair, but for how messy it was to use I don't think it was worth it. I ended up using Origins Rich Rewards as my HG hair treatment.

I have used this product for years and recently went back to it. In general, I try to use all natural products. I bought several tubes off drugstore.com as the only store carrying it in my area is Whole Foods, where it is a few $$ more than online. I use this as a leave-in conditioner and styling aid, and I use a lot less than indicated on the package--an amount about the size of a dime. I have black, wavy hair, and this soaks right in and gives the curls just the right amount of moisture without weighing it down too much. I give high marks for the packaging (a tube) because you can recycle it with your #2 plastics.

great product! Leaves my hair very very shiny and soft. I prefer to leave it on for at least an hour with some heat.

The product itself is a dark green thick gel, not too attractive, but I don't care as long as I know that its not something nasty and that it actually works :)

I got this in a local TJ Maxx for half the price, normally its too expensive for a tub of oils for me. I would definitely repurchase if I find it at a lower price elsewhere

Eeeek! This didn't work at all well with my hair-it is too heavy and weighed it down, so it was very sticky and flat by the end of the day. It was also so hard to squeeze out of the tube that I thought I was going to have to put it down the the floor in the tub and stand on it, and the texture was so thick that I had trouble working it through my hair. Didn't care for the strong smell either-nope, won't be going back to this one, though I like most of the other Burt's Bees products that I have tried.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This treatment is gross, sticky, and thick. That said, my hair looks beautiful when I use it. I apply about 2 tablespoons worth to my dry hair before I go to my spin class, and then shampoo it out after. It makes my hair really smooth and shiny, and even controls frizz and body. I don't need to use No Frizz, when I use this, but if I do the results are even more shiny, like a Pantene commercial of a girl with my hair, so not as great, but way better than my natural hair :-)

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products