July 30, 2014 | 994 users online

Hair Treatments - Burt's Bees - avocado hair treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVVVE this stuff. I used to use it as a hair mask and didn't appreciate it too much...until I read the back and saw that it could be used as a styling product. Now I use just a dime size amt on my long curly/wavy hair after smoothing leave-in conditioner in and it works to tame my curls and leave them soft with definition and no frizz. It is perfect for days when I want to wear my hair curly. The only drawback is if you use too much, your hair will look oily. It has to be a very very small amount smoothed throughout your hair to work well. It acts as if there are silicones in it and there are none! So healthy and good for your hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by ukskincareguy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this on impulse and regretted it. It's very greasy and none to pleasant to use. I did not notice much result, and neither did my partner. Another problem is the thickness, which made it hard to fully work into the hair. Perhaps this would work on very dry hair but its definately not for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

The texture is really thick and sticky and i saw no improvement in my hair so yaa...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by esissan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great pre-shampoo treatment. My hair felt really nice and oft after using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product had some rehydrating effects for my hair, but for how messy it was to use I don't think it was worth it. I ended up using Origins Rich Rewards as my HG hair treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by gabina2008

I have used this product for years and recently went back to it. In general, I try to use all natural products. I bought several tubes off drugstore.com as the only store carrying it in my area is Whole Foods, where it is a few $$ more than online. I use this as a leave-in conditioner and styling aid, and I use a lot less than indicated on the package--an amount about the size of a dime. I have black, wavy hair, and this soaks right in and gives the curls just the right amount of moisture without weighing it down too much. I give high marks for the packaging (a tube) because you can recycle it with your #2 plastics.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Xandrra

great product! Leaves my hair very very shiny and soft. I prefer to leave it on for at least an hour with some heat.

The product itself is a dark green thick gel, not too attractive, but I don't care as long as I know that its not something nasty and that it actually works :)

I got this in a local TJ Maxx for half the price, normally its too expensive for a tub of oils for me. I would definitely repurchase if I find it at a lower price elsewhere

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by OICMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Eeeek! This didn't work at all well with my hair-it is too heavy and weighed it down, so it was very sticky and flat by the end of the day. It was also so hard to squeeze out of the tube that I thought I was going to have to put it down the the floor in the tub and stand on it, and the texture was so thick that I had trouble working it through my hair. Didn't care for the strong smell either-nope, won't be going back to this one, though I like most of the other Burt's Bees products that I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Fresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This treatment is gross, sticky, and thick. That said, my hair looks beautiful when I use it. I apply about 2 tablespoons worth to my dry hair before I go to my spin class, and then shampoo it out after. It makes my hair really smooth and shiny, and even controls frizz and body. I don't need to use No Frizz, when I use this, but if I do the results are even more shiny, like a Pantene commercial of a girl with my hair, so not as great, but way better than my natural hair :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Eryn2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to be upfront with this: I use the Avocado Butter treatment in an entirely different way than it's meant to be used. I swim several times a week and comb this through my damp hair before putting on my swimcap. Basically this is a conditioner with the consistency of Vaseline, so it doesn't budge when I swim and it doesn't leave a gross film on the water that would bother other people in the pool. The smell is pretty rank, though--a VERY strong peach smell with something else to it. It really takes a lot of shampooing to get the product out of hair, so I doubt I would use it otherwise. I don't find it especially conditioning, but keep in mind I'm not following the directions. I'll likely hunt around for other products after I finish this tube, but I'll probably end up using it again. But oh, that smell! :-P

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No