St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

I love this scrub. I use it with my Apricot Scrub & they both do a great job of keeping my skin fresh & clear. My acne has cleared up ever since I started using these products regularly. I notice an improvement after using the scrub, it makes my skin very clean & soft. I don't find the little balls(Idk what to call them lol) to be too harsh for my skin, you obviously just have to be gentle & don't literally scrub it into your skin. I lightly massage it in & it works great. Just don't get it into your eyes (that's with any face wash or beauty product tho) cuz I have heard stories about girls getting the little balls stuck in their eyes!😨 Overall this is a great product. I've gone back & forth between face cleansers & scrubs but St Ive's is always gonna be my favorite I think. Definitely give this a try if you have mild acne, not sure it would work on severe acne... The product has a nice pleasant smell to it, I find it refreshing. The packaging is nice as well & it lasts a while. I suggest using it 2-3 times a week for best results. Good luck beautiful!
XOXO😉

on 5/30/2015 9:59:00 PM

I use this to take off my makeup everyday, and it works very well. Also I have acne, and I honestly think it's really helped with it!

on 5/24/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have been looking for a facewash that does not contain plastic microbeads and I believe this contains silica instead.Those microbeads (found in toothpaste,facewashes, etc) are polluting the Great Lakes and are hurting wildlife. This is pretty gentle and works well. I have seen an improvement in my skin since using this once or twice a week and it has a nice scent too.

on 5/17/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had high hopes for this scrub because I love treating my skin with products that have green tea extract and the salicylic acid was a bonus for my acne prone skin. Despite the purpose of this scrub, it did nothing to my blackheads. Although this product is very affordable and it smells nice, it does not do anything.

on 4/29/2015 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I recently bought this scrub looking for a more 'everyday' version of the apricot scrub for when I don't need a deep-clean. So far I've used this product 3 times and it's made my skin feel smooth and smell gorgeous :)

I use this product in the shower after cleansing and usually use about a 10c piece size dollop. I spread the scrub between my fingertips before massage my face, focusing on my nose and forehead, where I have the most blackheads/redness. This is definitely a very gentle/moderate scrub and does a pretty good job of clearing blackheads, though it doesn't thoroughly deep clean. I was also surprised to see that it really did calm down a lot of my redness, which is usually pretty hard to do for me so that's a plus :)

My only issue with this scrub is that a lot of other reviewers have experienced the same good results as me before it ends up making their skin worse..
I'll keep using this scrub for another week or two and see if the good effects turn bad. If they do, I'll still use the scrub for hands or feet if for nothing else then for the amazing smell!

The packaging is good for this product and so far I'm happy with the price. If the scrub ends up not working for me, I'll update my review :) xx

I can't even believe the ratings for this product! Saw this on sale at my drugstore and thought I would give it a go as it was a good deal and it has salicylic acid in it.

First off, it claims to be a "natural" product. That is not the case. Secondly, I felt like I was cleaning my face with sand paper.

This stuff is false advertisement and it does not WORK.

I don't like wasting so I used it as a foot scrub. It smells ok..kind of chemically. But my feet were soft after. Shame on you, St. Ives!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This will be a long review because I have a history with the green tea scrub - I used this product for a few years without seeming to have a problem with it (or not attributing the problem to the scrub). It was so much more gentle than the medicated apricot scrub so I felt like I was making the right decision - this scrub made my skin less red than other scrubs, and because it is abrasive my skin did feel smoother in the shower so I really felt like it was "doing something." (this is why I bought it for so many years!) I would mix it with my Neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser to "dilute" it.
About a week and a half ago I started using a soft, nubby scrubbing pad with my cleanser instead of the scrub because I had read that the manual scrubbing ingredients in the green tea scrub were causing tiny tears in my skin and I thought that might be why my pores looked larger and my skin seemed more irritated and old acne marks seemed so red. ONE week and my skin texture has totally improved, with NO breakouts. It looks less oily and my pores look smaller and my skin is smoother. I tried the scrub with my cleanser again and afterwards and again my pores seemed more noticeable and my skin seemed oily and irritated and red, with dark marks seeming redder than before. So now I'm back using my little cloth scrubber with calm skin again.
Perhaps this is merely one subjective case of someone with a relatively resilient oily skin being too sensitive for this scrub, but I truly believe that the scrub is damaging my skin. I was a long time follower of the scrub trend (years!) because it does give immediate (not always good!) resuls but my manual exfoliation is limited to soft cloth scrubber now. I will not be wasting my money on this again.

on 3/4/2015 8:45:00 AM

I don't use this every day, more like once or twice a week. It is gentle and gets the job done. Price and packaging are good. Try it!

My favorite facial scrub! Gentle, doesn't break me out, prepares my skin for my facial moisturizer and flawless make up application. I've got very sensitive and acne prone skin and this treats it just right.

on 1/28/2015 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am reviewing Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub. I bought recently after reading a lot of positive review about St Ives Green Tea Scrub, and I want to try another product from St Ives. I only used this two times, then stopped because I had two big bumps/acne on my face. I use my usual skincare products and this scrub was the only new product that I am using. So, I guess the bumps caused by the scrub. Then I googling it and read this is the new formula, and some people also have acne/bumps after using the new formula.
I used the apricot one before and had no issue at all. I won't be repurchasing this particular product, and plan to use the remaining product as hand/feet scrub. It smells really nice, sweet and fresh. Too bad it doesn't work for me.