December 20, 2014 | 1540 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is so great for acne- prone and oily skin! It doesn't irritate my skin and it's gentle enough to use more than once a week (I used it 3 times a week). The smell is nice, too. I thought it was a good exfoliator but I've been using different products recently, so I have no need to repurchase it. Overall, I recommend it for problematic skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Josiegleeson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My holy grail exfoliator. The beads are small and not harsh. Perfect for people with acne and sensitive skin. It leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean and smooth. Will always repurchase. The scent and packaging are lovely too. You can usually find it on sale in AUS for around $5. Perfect! Give it a try :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Lanikoerte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I only bought a trial size of this because it's horrible. I generally don't like exfoliants for daily use but I thought I'd try it out. After washing my face I used an astringent and to my dismay the cotton pad was covered in my face makeup! I then washed my face again and again make up came off with the astringent. I'm sticking with Biore ice cleanser or olay foaming face wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Laurenyay

This is the best scrub I have ever used! It really cleans deep down to the pores and I have noticed a reduction in my blackheads. I have sensitive acne prone skin, and this doesnt irritate my skin or make me break out. I love this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Serena98

I had only seen their apricot scrub before and was interested to try this one and thought I couldn't really go wrong for the price. It didn't improve the condition of my skin whatsoever but it didn't break me out or do anything bad for my skin either. I gave it to my brother instead and he seems to like it but this product just isn't for me

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by blissful3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

,I LOVE this.

I bought it on a whim while I was at Kmart because I remember someone mentioning they liked it so I thought why not it's not expensive let's give it a try. I used the apricot scrub on numerous occasions before but it was too harsh on my skin. When I saw the green tea one was an acne scrub, I thought perfect!

I love the way it smells, the way it feels on my skin while using as well as how soft it leaves my skin afterwards. My skin doesn't feel dry or tight, it feels perfect. I didn't think this would cut down on my acne but surprisingly I have seen results as of late. I used to only use it a couple times a week. Last week I had a bad skin week where my skin decided it just didn't like me. So I decided to use this every morning for a whole week anxious to see the results.

It dried out and reduced the size of existing pimples a GREAT deal...it kept new ones from rising...it made my skin less oily throughout the day...my skin just looks better.

Knock on wood.

I hope this product keeps working for me. I went to Target to buy a new one but they didn't have any, only the apricot one. I don't know if they carry it or not but I will end up going to Kmart again to get some more.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by playboy_mommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful little drug store scrub, especially for those of us getting adult acne, but can't tolerate the harsher products out there.

BUT use at your own peril! I took two lippies off, because the granules in this are silica, otherwise known as sand, which is the fundamental constituent of glass.

I got a granule in my eye not once but on two separate occasions (and the second time I was being extra careful!).
This was incredibly frustrating, impossible to get out of my eye, and as I went to work, my eye was watering up so badly, I couldn't even see out of it, and every time I move my eye felt like there was a piece of glass sliding against the surface of my eye, Which was basically the case.

Both incidents required a trip to the eye doctor (silica is sand and sand is glass, once that's in your eye, no amount of rinsing or flushing or visine will save you). The first incident actually gave me a corneal abrasion.
Because the particles are so tiny, I think it's just too easy to get that silica in your eye, no matter how careful you are.
It's too bad, because as a scrub it's great. Just use caution!
From now on, I only use this a spot treatment or a chin, neck & chest scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by lilahsum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! I recently switched over from the Apricot scrub. I could only use the other one once a day due to how intense the large granule exfoliation was on my sensitive skin. The Green Tea scrub is much gentler with its finer granules and the smell is lovely. I use it twice a day, and after every wash my skin is silky smooth and moisturized. I used to get small breakouts every night and dry patches of skin skin, but this wipes both of those out. The redness in my completion is also lightening! Overall, my skin has become clearer, softer, and calmer since starting this product, and I'll definitely buy it again!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

I love the apricot scrub from St. Ives and I have been using it for nearly 8 years. When I saw this new green tea scrub, I was super excited to try it out not only because I love green tea, but because I facial scrubs are an essential for my skin care routine. First off this scrub is much more gentler than the apricot scrub and it's granules are very very fine which would suit many people with sensitive skin. Once you lather it on your face, it becomes this milky texture. My problem with this product is that it does absolutely nothing for my face. I have very combination skin with very dry flaky cheeks and an oily t-zone but this scrub didn't help with either. Loved the scent of this product but it was a waste of money to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

I love this scrub! I have normal skin which is a bit on the oily side. This scrub exfoliated my skin nicely with out being overly aggressive like the apricot walnut shell scrub. Good price since I got this on sale...Nice scent too!