October 20, 2014 | 946 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by playboy_mommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful little drug store scrub, especially for those of us getting adult acne, but can't tolerate the harsher products out there.

BUT use at your own peril! I took two lippies off, because the granules in this are silica, otherwise known as sand, which is the fundamental constituent of glass.

I got a granule in my eye not once but on two separate occasions (and the second time I was being extra careful!).
This was incredibly frustrating, impossible to get out of my eye, and as I went to work, my eye was watering up so badly, I couldn't even see out of it, and every time I move my eye felt like there was a piece of glass sliding against the surface of my eye, Which was basically the case.

Both incidents required a trip to the eye doctor (silica is sand and sand is glass, once that's in your eye, no amount of rinsing or flushing or visine will save you). The first incident actually gave me a corneal abrasion.
Because the particles are so tiny, I think it's just too easy to get that silica in your eye, no matter how careful you are.
It's too bad, because as a scrub it's great. Just use caution!
From now on, I only use this a spot treatment or a chin, neck & chest scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by lilahsum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! I recently switched over from the Apricot scrub. I could only use the other one once a day due to how intense the large granule exfoliation was on my sensitive skin. The Green Tea scrub is much gentler with its finer granules and the smell is lovely. I use it twice a day, and after every wash my skin is silky smooth and moisturized. I used to get small breakouts every night and dry patches of skin skin, but this wipes both of those out. The redness in my completion is also lightening! Overall, my skin has become clearer, softer, and calmer since starting this product, and I'll definitely buy it again!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

I love the apricot scrub from St. Ives and I have been using it for nearly 8 years. When I saw this new green tea scrub, I was super excited to try it out not only because I love green tea, but because I facial scrubs are an essential for my skin care routine. First off this scrub is much more gentler than the apricot scrub and it's granules are very very fine which would suit many people with sensitive skin. Once you lather it on your face, it becomes this milky texture. My problem with this product is that it does absolutely nothing for my face. I have very combination skin with very dry flaky cheeks and an oily t-zone but this scrub didn't help with either. Loved the scent of this product but it was a waste of money to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

I love this scrub! I have normal skin which is a bit on the oily side. This scrub exfoliated my skin nicely with out being overly aggressive like the apricot walnut shell scrub. Good price since I got this on sale...Nice scent too!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Synnfuleyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really like this scrub, although I dont feel like it does much.
It smells really awesome. The tiny scrub granules are plentiful enough to exfoliate, but it does not seem to exfoliate well enough. (Perhaps it is just me.)
I will always come back to this because other scrubs just dont "scrub" enough for my taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by LailaE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fab scrub. LOTS of beads but very fine. Cheap as chips. Exactly what I want, scrubs my face very clean ready for a lovely deep moisturiser. No more pimples since I've been using it. Awesome stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by HerpDeeDerp

All the reviews I see really depend on your face. If you break out after washing your face, that is normal. It means it's working. That's the process of it clearing out.
I never really wash my face too often because I don't have a problem with acne. I get a zit here and there, but usually it's because of makeup. I find if i go a couple days off my wash routine, I break out with more than usual. But otherwise I would highly recommend this if you're skin is like mine. It doesn't feel tight after a few washes, and i feel very clean. I don't know any other product that has made my face feel clean! St. Ives is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by clasp

Love this product but don't use it too much cos your skin might become dry

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Ldmor

I thought this product really worked for my skin, and caused no irritation or drying out which I've experienced before with other exfoliants etc

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by kaylakellii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So disappointed! After reading so many great reviews of this product I purchased it with the hopes it would clear up my acne prone T zone. Firstly the consistency of the beads in the scrub is lovely, but the results I got were terrible. Within the first day of using it, my breakouts got even worse! No amount of gentle scrubbing helped in my case. This product caused me to break out with tiny whiteheads and nasty red spots popped up noticeably in places I usually don't break out in. My skin is not particularly sensitive so I was surprised at the amount of pimples I was getting. This product was also very drying, even after applying moisteriser after exfoliating. Not using this again! Terrible stuff. Would not recommend.