August 30, 2014 | 991 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Synnfuleyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really like this scrub, although I dont feel like it does much.
It smells really awesome. The tiny scrub granules are plentiful enough to exfoliate, but it does not seem to exfoliate well enough. (Perhaps it is just me.)
I will always come back to this because other scrubs just dont "scrub" enough for my taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by LailaE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fab scrub. LOTS of beads but very fine. Cheap as chips. Exactly what I want, scrubs my face very clean ready for a lovely deep moisturiser. No more pimples since I've been using it. Awesome stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by HerpDeeDerp

All the reviews I see really depend on your face. If you break out after washing your face, that is normal. It means it's working. That's the process of it clearing out.
I never really wash my face too often because I don't have a problem with acne. I get a zit here and there, but usually it's because of makeup. I find if i go a couple days off my wash routine, I break out with more than usual. But otherwise I would highly recommend this if you're skin is like mine. It doesn't feel tight after a few washes, and i feel very clean. I don't know any other product that has made my face feel clean! St. Ives is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by clasp

Love this product but don't use it too much cos your skin might become dry

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Ldmor

I thought this product really worked for my skin, and caused no irritation or drying out which I've experienced before with other exfoliants etc

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by kaylakellii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So disappointed! After reading so many great reviews of this product I purchased it with the hopes it would clear up my acne prone T zone. Firstly the consistency of the beads in the scrub is lovely, but the results I got were terrible. Within the first day of using it, my breakouts got even worse! No amount of gentle scrubbing helped in my case. This product caused me to break out with tiny whiteheads and nasty red spots popped up noticeably in places I usually don't break out in. My skin is not particularly sensitive so I was surprised at the amount of pimples I was getting. This product was also very drying, even after applying moisteriser after exfoliating. Not using this again! Terrible stuff. Would not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Emilynyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this scrub for a week and it stripped all the oils off my face like you get that tight squeaky clean feeling afterwards which is bad bc if you have oily skin your skin will start producing more oil. It kind of worked for me at first but then I started getting a BUNCH of whiteheads like what ? And I started getting acne in places I've never had. I have acne prone skin there's never a day when I have clear skin. The smell is great but I'm returning this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was recommended this scrub by someone who said it was the only thing that worked for her, and after seeing other reviews praising it for adult acne I picked it up. But it wrecked my skin HARD CORE!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm weird so I think I just have a salicylic acid issue and this just helped me realize that. (I never noticed a reaction to aspirin...?) So I can't use this, but if it's only because of that then I guess my opinion doesn't have as much weight since most people don't have this problem but I just wanted to let you guys know. I also found the scrub level to be a bit harsh. It's weird, because when I use SA products, my skin breaks out but the area where I don't have break outs is nice and smooth and less red. Go figure!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily, acne prone skin with my blemishes being focused mainly on my chin area and my skin is very sensitive to products (meaning the slightest foundation, serum, or cream will break me out). I loved the St. Ives Green Tea face wash but the scrub is a big disappointment for me. I noticed that I was getting results from the face wash (my acne and blemishes were disappearing) so I picked up the scrub to go with it. As a soon as I started using the scrub, my face went right back to what it was before and maybe even worse. I got these huge painful pimples that would bring tears to my eyes if I even slightly touched it.

I found the cleanser did make my face feel slightly dry, but my face had dry patches after I started using the scrub. I googled to see if it was the scrub that was causing my face to get worse and I found that scrubs can strip your skin and make acne worse. Perhaps I would have gotten different results if I used it every second day or less but I think it would still irritate my sensitive skin. The only really good thing about this product for me was the price at around $5 a bottle that's a steal!!

Unfortunately, I am heading straight to my bathroom to throw this product out after I finish this review because my skin can't take it anymore. I will be skipping scrubs and just using gentle cleansers on my skin from now on. I don't recommend this product to anyone who's skin is sensitive like mine and don't react well to harsh or scrubbing products.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by soyamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

its pretty good for the price and all that and you dont need much. very small almost microbead type of exfoliation. the scent is not like green tea and seems irritating and unnecessary