July 23, 2014 | 2113 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Emilynyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this scrub for a week and it stripped all the oils off my face like you get that tight squeaky clean feeling afterwards which is bad bc if you have oily skin your skin will start producing more oil. It kind of worked for me at first but then I started getting a BUNCH of whiteheads like what ? And I started getting acne in places I've never had. I have acne prone skin there's never a day when I have clear skin. The smell is great but I'm returning this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was recommended this scrub by someone who said it was the only thing that worked for her, and after seeing other reviews praising it for adult acne I picked it up. But it wrecked my skin HARD CORE!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm weird so I think I just have a salicylic acid issue and this just helped me realize that. (I never noticed a reaction to aspirin...?) So I can't use this, but if it's only because of that then I guess my opinion doesn't have as much weight since most people don't have this problem but I just wanted to let you guys know. I also found the scrub level to be a bit harsh. It's weird, because when I use SA products, my skin breaks out but the area where I don't have break outs is nice and smooth and less red. Go figure!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily, acne prone skin with my blemishes being focused mainly on my chin area and my skin is very sensitive to products (meaning the slightest foundation, serum, or cream will break me out). I loved the St. Ives Green Tea face wash but the scrub is a big disappointment for me. I noticed that I was getting results from the face wash (my acne and blemishes were disappearing) so I picked up the scrub to go with it. As a soon as I started using the scrub, my face went right back to what it was before and maybe even worse. I got these huge painful pimples that would bring tears to my eyes if I even slightly touched it.

I found the cleanser did make my face feel slightly dry, but my face had dry patches after I started using the scrub. I googled to see if it was the scrub that was causing my face to get worse and I found that scrubs can strip your skin and make acne worse. Perhaps I would have gotten different results if I used it every second day or less but I think it would still irritate my sensitive skin. The only really good thing about this product for me was the price at around $5 a bottle that's a steal!!

Unfortunately, I am heading straight to my bathroom to throw this product out after I finish this review because my skin can't take it anymore. I will be skipping scrubs and just using gentle cleansers on my skin from now on. I don't recommend this product to anyone who's skin is sensitive like mine and don't react well to harsh or scrubbing products.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by soyamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

its pretty good for the price and all that and you dont need much. very small almost microbead type of exfoliation. the scent is not like green tea and seems irritating and unnecessary

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Jakkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where to start...

This stuff is pretty good for acne. Its gentle enough of an exfoliator and the salisylic acid really what helps reduce acne and not make my skin too tight.

BUTTTT!

Its very scented and makes my skin scented.

AND even worse, the silica 'beads' are ruining the 5 great lakes in Canada/America. Our water filtration system is not filtering the fine silica in the product, therefore it goes into the lakes and absorbs toxins. So these toxic grains are covering the lake floors and floating around and fish are eating the beads. That grain of sand is actually a toxic silica grain!

I will not repurchase until they change the fine silica to something else like finely ground up shell. There are many alternatives.

So sad...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by vicaquino

I would buy this for the scent alone, it just smells so amazing! Fruity yet fresh. I love how fine the exfoliants are, it's great for daily use. It's definitely not a heavy duty exfoliator, but I'd prefer it that way as it's very gentle on the skin and doesn't irritate. It leaves the skin soft and polished. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

this scrub is so nice..... i felt so good aftwr using it. the little grains are small and not harsh like the apricot scrub....it smells good too....definently would repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Applehead09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love the smell ! Love the price. Really cheap and affordable. Scrub wise, pretty good at removing whatever makeup I have left after using a makeup removing wipe. Love!! Might repurchase but I'm looking for a little stronger scrub. Worth the buy:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this Green tea scrub, and I'm neither oily nor have acne. In fact, my face tends to be dryish in winter but it needs a good physical exfoliant about 3x a week-- while this isn't the best exfoliant on the market, it cannot be beat for the price and has earned staple status in my skin routine. It's cheap, smells good, is a pleasant and soothing green color, cleans well, shrinks my pores, really deep cleans without irritation. You know, I can't really ask for more! I will keep rebuying as there isn't really a downside for me. It's clearly not for everyone, but what is?!
If you're considering it, do it, you may just love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by fleurne

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!! Great if you have acne problems like me. It exfoliates and reduces my breakouts.