Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Heather Silk

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Kaolin, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Lanolin Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Red 7 Lake/CI 15850, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Bismuth Oxychloride/CI 77163, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Red 28 Lake/CI 45410, Orange 5 Lake/CI 45370, Carmine/CI 75470, Red 6 Lake/CI 15850.

on 5/2/2014 2:00:00 PM

"Heather Silk" is a greyed-out, dull magenta hue that does beautifully to give your cheeks a bit of healthy but trendy color. Heavily pigmented and very cheap.

I have cool/pink undertones to my very fair skin and this is much more flattering than a color closer to coral pinks usually found at drugstores. I absolutely love how this color is more of a sophisticated, mature dusty rose than most cheap brands try for, seeming matte on the skin with no visible shimmer or shine. I find that coral-pinks with gold shimmer or things alike are a dime a dozen. Heather Silk is different, cool, girly but mischievous.

Now, this blush is extremely and I mean extremely pigmented, which is good and bad in different ways. Good because you only need a little bit, though bad because it doesn't blend as effortlessly as some blushes do and tends to fade quickly. I only touch my brush to the surface of the powder and I still need to use the back of my hand for some light blotting before I go near my cheeks with it, lol. I'm not complaining though.

Wet 'n Wild's packaging is cheap as usual, super flimsy and unimpressive though does the job ok. I mean, what else do you expect for $1-2? I still think it's a fantastic price for what you're getting on terms of color payoff. My only gripe is that it seems to wear off almost entirely within the first few hours of wearing it.

Reminds me of a fantastic color for fall, dusty and cool. Just lovely. I'll repurchase if I run out, though that doesn't seem to be likely at all anytime soon.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This blusher is AMAZING! I've been looking for a cool pink blusher without shimmer for my cool skintone for a long time, and then suddenly saw this, and figured why not try it. So glad I did. This color is gorgeous!
The blusher is VERY pigmented, so be very careful when you use it. I dab my blush brush in it, then always dab it on the back of my hand to get rid of excess color. Other than that extra step, it is easy to apply and is smooth and blendable. Even though the blusher is pigmented and bright, it looks very natural and really freshens up the face. I love that it doesn't have any shimmer or glitter in it- that is very rare in cheaper blushers.
The package is so-so, but totally usable and acceptable given the price. Also, use your regular blush brush- the one that comes with the blusher is questionable.
Highly recommend this product for girls with cool/neutral skin tone. Such a beautiful shade! I'll definitely repurchase this if I ever run out- the pigmentation is insane! Might try other shades too.

on 1/19/2014 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

HG!!! Luv the shade "heather silk" (my other DS faves are Tickled Pink & Twinkle Pink from elf). I've been using the same one forever, there is a lot of product for your money. I swipe my brush once well across the blush for each cheek. This stuff is unbelievably good quality & I would def go out on a limb & say it's the best DS blush you can buy. No, it's not Clinique but for $2.99?? It's a good every day product that you don't have to feel guilty about using up, even HE snobs may want to check this one out :ß

on 1/19/2014 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I just picked this up today because I'd heard good things about it. I have a hard time finding a blush that I really like - right now I've been using Josie Maran color sticks instead - but immediately when I swatched this, I was blown away by the pigmentation. This should last me awhile since it takes very little product to get some serious color! I also like that the formula no longer contains parabens, and it's very affordable! It's a winner all around and I will definitely pick up some of the other colors to try those out, too!

I love all of Wet n' Wild's blushes. hey have really come a long way. Highly pigmented, goes on smooth and lasts all day, Awesome! And great price too! I wish there was more shade selection all 4 shades are great. Can't go wrong.

on 9/5/2013 3:32:00 PM

This blush is super affordable and will last you a very long time. It is so pigmented, it's almost hard to use sometimes because of how much product your brush picks up. This is a fantastic blush, my only problem with it is that they are not very bendable. But other than that, I would give this blush a try!

on 8/31/2013 9:10:00 AM

SO pigmented!!! You only need a tiny bit... This stuff will last forever. (:

on 8/30/2013 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Holy crap. This has got to be one of the most pigmented blush I have ever owned and I have a lot of blushes from drugstore to high-end.

It is very cheap (I think I got it for $3.99 here in Canada) and although the packaging isn't the greatest, the product is amazing. Be very careful since it is extremely pigmented and you don't want to look like a clown. It is a gorgeous medium toned rosy pink and I think it would look great on all skin tones. If you look very closely, you can see a little bit of shimmer scattered in the product but it doesn't show up on the face. Also, this will probably last you forever since you need so little.

The texture feels very smooth not chalky or powdery. It blends fairly well and it lasts all day on my cheeks. For the price, I am very happy with the quality of this blush. Probably going to get more colors.

on 7/7/2013 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I cannot express how amazing this blush is. It gives the prettiest flush and I think that it would be flattering on just about anybody. A little goes a loooong way, so I don't have to cake it on to get the proper results. This outshines a lot of HE products by a long shot. Don't be a makeup snob, WNW is great!

on 7/3/2013 10:31:00 PM

this is a great blush and a little goes a loooong way! its very pigmented and you barely have to touch it with your brush to get the color. only a little bit and it will look natural. the packaging is nice and so is the price. one of the best drug store blushes i've seen!

Popular Blush Products