April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Spin Pin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I was skeptical when I started to buy these but they were on sale at Walmart so I picked a set up. And wow I really like how easy to use they are and how quick it is to just put these in my hair and leave it be. It secures my hair just as well as a regular hair tie. If I ever happen to lose these, I will repurchase another set.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by chaumein

My hair is fine, but I have a lot of it. In layers, even. I bought these today after searching up ways to keep my layered hair into a bun.

I'm happy to say after purchasing them, and having tried a french twist, chignon, top bun and side bun, I can say with confidence that these work! My hair which is not grippy at all requires 2 of the spin pins to get the style in that nice secure zone (the feeling you get when whip your hair back and forth and your bun is still where it's supposed be! lol)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by MyBear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this product. I love having a little ballerina bun, but I hated all the regular bobby pins I would have to use to do it. And then of course they're all bent apart and you're basically unable to use them ever again.
With these wonderful little doohickeys being made for this I can use them over and over. It's great.
However, my hair's thickness is what you only hear about in legends. So when I bought just the one package it didn't keep the bun up for very long. I went out and bought a second package.
Yes, my hair needs a total of 4 Spin Pins. But! My hair is in an adorable bun and I am happy to go about my day with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by sarayared

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think these are made for my hair type. I have thick, borderline curly/wavy and somewhat wiry hair so it's very...um..grippy? For lack of a better word! This means these stay in my hair really easily. My sister in law got these for me in the US but I've now found them in Australia (they're called Spinnacles here) thankfully as I don't think I'd buy them if I had to pay shipping everytime but they are definitely more than meets the eye. I can get my hair up and secured tightly (though not uncomfortably) with just one of these babies. Not a small feat for someone with the amount of hair I have. Sometimes I use two of them if I'm doing a more elaborate style but I usually don't need to.They'd be 5 stars except I know they're not ideal for thinner or dead straight hair that tends to be slippery (I've tried it in friends hair and they really don't grip). I'll definitely buy more if I lose the ones I have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Goody Spin Pins are hair pins that I've been interested in for quite a while, probably ever since they came out a few years ago. Goody says that these unique hair pins will "allow you to easily achieve chic up-do style. Simply twirl your hair up and spin two Spin Pins in for a undone bun, side bun, or double bun." These pins are available in two colors for light and dark hair. Goody makes a very lofty claim about the Spin Pins, stating that they'll do the work of 20 bobby pins. I can't really test that claim, I own no bobby pins and have never styled my hair with them. In fact, let me just put this out there, I don't know nothin' about hair. My hair has four styles, pony tail, half pony tail, a basic bun, or a braid. Anything else is entirely too much effort for me. Spin Pins are sold in sets of two and sell for between $5-8, depending on where you buy them. Goody also offers Spin Pin Minis, which come in sets of three and sell for the same price. I was sent two sets of these hair pins as part of a Christmas gift from my friend Mariah. Good Spin Pins are made in China.
Goody's Spin Pins come housed in a pink cardboard box with directions on how to use the pins along with tips on creating certain styles. The pins themselves are dark brown (the ones for blonde hair are a gold). These pins have a double helix shape (think of a DNA strand). These pins are made of a light metal, I think it might be aluminum. Goody's pins aren't the most sturdy, they get bent out of shape pretty quickly, they seem like the type of product that needs to be repurchased often.
Goody's Spin Pins seem kinda intimidating at first. If you have thick hair like I do, you know how much it sucks to get any hair accessory stuck in your hair. A double helix shaped pin seems like a disaster waiting to happen, but no! The Spin Pins are surprisingly easy to use and remove for the most part. All you do is spin them in, for once it really is as easy as the company makes it seem. To take the Spin Pins out, just twist them in the opposite direction and they pop right out. You do need to be careful not to interlock them, that can cause a bit of a sticky situation. I have pretty mixed results when I use Goody Spin Pins. They seem to hol a bun pretty well for a couple hours, but my bun will slowly slide down and come undone throughout the day. A few spritzes of a good hair spray can combat this issue. Spin Pins are ideal for those who have hair that's uniform in length, if you have some layers you'll have lots of bits coming out unless you use several pins. Spin Pins are comfortable, I never really notice that they're in my hair.
Goody Spin Pins are ok. I don't reach for them very often and I don't feel as though they're dependable enough for my work days, but they're nice if I want to toss my hair up in a bun for a few hours. They're kinda noticeable in my hair, seeing as the pins are dark brown and my hair is red, but whatevs. These pins are very easy to use, much easier than I expected. If you have basic hair skills you should try these easy to use little tools. I wouldn't recommend Spin Pins if you have thin or fine hair, but otherwise you should be good to go. By the way, check your dollar stores for these, that's where my friend found them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is such a cool product. it takes a little finesse, but once you get the hang of it, you can do an easy, chic bun that'll stay all day. I get lots of compliments on this, and numerous friends have headed out and purchased it when I tell them what I used.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by glllkt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought these were going to be great, but I couldn't seem to get the hang of them. I will stick to regular bobby pins and hair ties.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have bra strap length hair, which is very thick and curly. I have a hard time keeping buns in place with bobby pins, so every now and then I break out the Spin Pins. If I twist my hair into a small, tight bun, I can get by with only 2, but the bun is kind of "loose" on my head and the sides start to come out of the pins. It's hard to "catch" all the layers of my hair when I insert the pins, so it usually takes a couple of tries to get the bun to stay in place. However - despite my technical difficulties with Spin Pins - I still think this is a 4-lipstick product. Anyone with a lot of hair knows that bobby pins are disposable; I use a bobby once or twice and have to throw it away because it gets so stretched out. The Spin Pins don't really change after I use them...they look exactly like when I took them out of the box. And, once you get the hang of it, I think they're faster and a little easier to use than lots of bobby pins. I'm actually planning on buying another set to keep in my workout bag, and maybe a set of the mini Spin Pins for the sides of my bun that like to fall out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by shelli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I had always wanted to try these pins but the price has put me off. Today I stopped into the Dollar Tree and found them being sold for the whopping price of 1 buck! So I scooped one up and had that package open about 5 seconds after getting in the car.
The directions are easy, gather up hair in a pony, no elastic needed and twist. 1 pin twists in the top and 1 in the bottom, careful not to cross. 5 seconds to a secure bun! The bun isn't really my style so I did a loose twist, low on the side and pinned and it was so cute!! I went back and bought several more, for me and friends and my niece.
I have thin, wavy/curly hair. This product holds very well. Easy in and easy out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I have frizzy, knotty, incredibly difficult hair so I anticipated some problems in getting these pins to spin in. Lo and behold. I can't believe how easy it was to get them in and out, and how secure and comfortable they feel, unlike hair clips that are tight, pull your hair and also easily visible.

I have yet to try this on other styles apart from a high bun, but since this is my usual style, I'm quite happy even with this.