Goody Spin Pin

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This isn't a bad product...but it only work well for specific hair type.

1. No/minimum layering: I have cut my hair to have layer starting at chin line. Since then little bits of stray hair come out from my bun like crazy.

2. Doesn't work well with dense hair: I have a lot of hair. And it's thick. It doesn't do so well when hair is really heavy.

It can be used in combination with other product (ex: hair tie) to make bun...but by itself, it's kinda useless.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am OBSESSED with these things. I adore them. I now have two or three backup sets just in case. I have a lot of hair that has to be held back for my job...and nothing ever holds this mop back for long. My hair looks at the vast majority of clips and devices out there and cackles with fiendish glee. Knowing this, I quit wasting money on the latest this and that gadget claiming to hold your hair up and just resigned myself to not being able to do buns or any kind of updo. I saw some reviews on the web that led me to believe these could work, and to my total surprise, they actually did. Two will hold a bun for me on a day off, three is better for a work day (I move around a lot at work). I can even manage something like a french twist with three of them and I've never been able to get one of those to stay up for more than about 5-10 minutes prior to this. So I'm really impressed. I don't expect these to break anytime soon and I have backups, so I don't think I will be repurchasing unless I somehow manage to lose a bunch of them. But if that happens you bet I will replace the lost ones ASAP.

I have tried so hard to make these work. It's a no go for me :( Maybe I'm just doing it wrong?!?! probably lol Oh well .... bobby pins it is.
I keep reading that people paid a lot of money for them...They were like $3.00 when I bought them. Thank goodness because if I had paid 20.00 ,or whatever, I would surely be pissed!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Okay, if you don't have these pins - GET THEM.

We can't get them in Australia so I ended up spending $20 on them and they are worth every single penny.

I used to do my buns with hair ties which let's face it, never really look good. These pins not only look 100% better, they take half the time and hold your bun in place!

I'm not going to ramble on. If you are thinking about getting them or if you don't have them, get them. Simple.

Okay, I have thick hair. And by thick I mean THICK. When you search "thick hair" online the results usually are about 3/4 of the hair I have. On that note, I need to use two regular sized spin pins and three of the mini ones to hold a bun. BUT I still like them because otherwise I have to use like 100 bobby pins to do the same thing. Towards the end of the day my head hurts a little but that is mainly due to the weight of my hair. It takes some practice to be able to use them so to anyone who feels like they're not working keep playing around with it! It took me a several tries over the course of a few weeks to get the hang of it.

I absolutely LOVE these spin pins. They hold my chignon / bun all day long. I use them regular buns or side bun/chignon and they work equally well for both those styles. I'm on my feet all day long and my style stays put. The only negative thing I can say is they are a little pricey for what they are and sometimes they can easily get twisted together and then it's a little difficult to remove the style. Otherwise, these are awesome and I'd buy them again if I ever lost mine.

I love these things. I had trouble putting them on in the beginning but once i got the hang of them I was really grateful to have them, especially because I have heavy, thick, long middle eastern hair.
Ladies, for those if you struggling with how to use them, you must make sure that you're inserting them as close to the scalp as possible, grabbing enough of your bun onto the root hairs. If you're just inserting them into your bun then of course your bun will fall off.
I put my bun up high this afternoon and now it's evening time and it's still up there. This is unheard of for me because I'm usually lucky if my elastic or clip or bobby pinned bun stayed up for half an hour.

Two thumbs up from me!

I was skeptical when I started to buy these but they were on sale at Walmart so I picked a set up. And wow I really like how easy to use they are and how quick it is to just put these in my hair and leave it be. It secures my hair just as well as a regular hair tie. If I ever happen to lose these, I will repurchase another set.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My hair is fine, but I have a lot of it. In layers, even. I bought these today after searching up ways to keep my layered hair into a bun.

I'm happy to say after purchasing them, and having tried a french twist, chignon, top bun and side bun, I can say with confidence that these work! My hair which is not grippy at all requires 2 of the spin pins to get the style in that nice secure zone (the feeling you get when whip your hair back and forth and your bun is still where it's supposed be! lol)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really enjoy this product. I love having a little ballerina bun, but I hated all the regular bobby pins I would have to use to do it. And then of course they're all bent apart and you're basically unable to use them ever again.
With these wonderful little doohickeys being made for this I can use them over and over. It's great.
However, my hair's thickness is what you only hear about in legends. So when I bought just the one package it didn't keep the bun up for very long. I went out and bought a second package.
Yes, my hair needs a total of 4 Spin Pins. But! My hair is in an adorable bun and I am happy to go about my day with it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials