Wet 'n' Wild Megalast - Sugar Coat

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/10/2013 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

A very pale, sheer pink, best applied in one coat only for a clean nail look. Multiple coats looked streaky. Lasted 7 days without chipping!
The polish for those who want a clean shiny "unpolished" look.

on 1/23/2013 10:08:00 PM

I want to love this polish. I really do. It's such a pretty color in the bottle, and I typlically don't have problems with using cheap nail polishes. But this one is SO sheer and SO streaky, ugh. I can put two coats on and its just a streaky, uneven mess. It also chips after a day or so of normal wear.

At least it was cheap...oh well. I do like the packaging and the brush.

on 1/21/2013 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This color is so pretty! I bought it to replace my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Petal Pusher since that one had gotten exceedingly gloopy. I bought it for about $2.00 so the price was definitely right. Unfortunately, it took about four and half coats for it to become completely opaque (no nail line showing) with no streaks. I generally like the brushes in this line since I can cover my whole nail is one or two swipes, but in this case, I think the brush bristles contributed to the streakiness.

The color is a very pretty pale pink that shows pretty light on my pale, yellow toned hands. It's very appropriate for work, weddings, or when you're meeting your bf's parents.

Overall, I like this color and the formula's not unworkable. I topped with my Out the Door topcoat and it's lasted with NO chips for 3 days, which is slightly unheard of for me. I probably will look for other options when the bottles empty, since there are so many different pale pinks on the market, so I said I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

The brush for the polish actually pretty good (It's sort of flat and wide)I have been in search of a sheer pinky-almost peach shade for my natural nail french manicures. This is the perfect shade for my NC30-35 Olive skintone! Pair this with the WnW polish in French Tip and some scotch tape and you've got the perfect mani! My mother actually thought I had gotten acrylic french tips! :) Dont forget a nice Clear coat that is super shiny to give desired effect!

on 1/1/2013 9:36:00 PM

I love this polish! It's a bit more baby pink than Essie Balley Slippers but application is much better. You only need 2 coats with this one and the formula is not streaky. The lasting power is great and for the price a great nail polish.

on 12/13/2012 11:43:00 PM

I love this clean femmie color. It makes my nails look clean and pretty.
I did notice streaks when I was applying it but not after it dried. I only applied one coat to keep the sheerness of the polish so I didn't have any problems with it taking too long to dry. I can't say anything about how long it wears because I literally just applied it, but I will be back to report on it. I can say that I wash my hands A LOT so I would be surprised if it lasted 5 days. But for the price I am not complaining. Also I love the little bottles! They're shaped really cute and I had no problems with the wider brush. Infact I think it helped me get done quicker with less mistakes. But then again that's the beauty of using sheer nail polish, mishaps are a non-issue for the most part.

UPDATE: I have been wearing this polish for about 4 days now and I think this is one of the longest wearing nail polishes I've ever tried. To compare it with another brand, I would say the staying power is about the same as Sally Hansen's polish. It has worn some but I wash my hands very frequently. I also noticed the shine was very long lasting. My nails stayed super shiney. So I definitely recommend this polish. I only tried it in Sugar Coat but I'm sure the colors would be just as good. For $2 a pop you can't go wrong.

I own the entire line of Wet 'n' Wild nail polishes. If you check my reviews for them, you will see that I have given them all 4 or 5 lippies. This one, on the one hand, is simply TERRIBLE. The color is a pretty pale pink in the bottle but the formula is so awful. It applies very very streaky and is still streaky at even three coats. I had to apply 5 coats to get it to look somewhat wearable. The polish also takes forever to dry even with my high end top coat and it's so frustrating when it smudges or nicks because that means you have to start all over again. It's just not worth the trouble and I don't care that it only costs $1.99. I will definitely be returning this.

I wanted to love this polish..... But it takes forever to dry and it smudges and you have to start over after it smudges. I love the color but it isn't very flattering on my skin tone. Some of the other mega last colors I love but this one I like but hate.

on 10/6/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This polish is a very pretty ballerina pink but it applies very streaky. I applied three coats and it still looks incredibly streaky. From a distance it looks nice but when you look closer you notice the unflattering streaks.

on 8/26/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

returning this, its to sheer and not in a good way. very thick polish and color barely shows.

Popular Polishes