NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane ˇ Talc ˇ Cyclopentasiloxane ˇ Disteardimonium Hectorite ˇ Vp/Eicosene Copolymer ˇ Dimethicone ˇ Cetyl Ethylhexanoate ˇ Cyclohexasiloxane ˇ Sorbitan Sesquioleate ˇ Trimethylsiloxysilicate ˇ Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride ˇ Propylene Carbonate ˇ Peg-40 Stearate ˇ Sorbitan Olivate ˇ Tocopheryl Acetate ˇ Cera Alba (Beeswax) ˇ Phenoxyethanol ˇ Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate ˇ Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] ˇ Triethoxycaprylylsilane ˇ Castor Oil Phosphate ˇ Sea Whip Extract ˇ Mica ˇ Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) ˇ Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 12/31/2014 2:45:00 PM

As someone with oily eyelids, this is my holy grail product. The packaging is great, super sleek. And the product lasts absolutely forever! The very first time I used it I was at a cheer competition, and I put it on at 7 in the morning and my eye makeup didn't budge until 11 that night when I washed it off! Normally I get those awful creases in my makeup as the day goes on, but this left my eyes soft and not oily all day and kept my makeup in place! It even kept my drugstore eyeliner that normally comes off after a few hours on the entire day. I don't think I'll ever be able to live without this product again honestly.

on 12/21/2014 9:23:00 PM

Even if I don't use eyeshadow I just use this to hold up the oils on my lids. As far as primers go. This goes on the easiest without the entire blending out the primer thing. However, the only downside is if you apply too much it will start to get uneven and its a mess basically. So I only need the thinnest layer I could manage. This thing dries up very fast as well.

on 12/19/2014 9:29:00 AM

Not impressed. There´s much better Eyeshadow primers for less money out there, this doesn´t keep the shadow in place for as long as my favorite, the Too faced Shadow Insurance or the Urban Decay Primer Potion.

on 12/16/2014 2:08:00 PM

I have very oily lids, so this is a key product for me. This is the best eyeshadow primer I have ever used, and I've tried TFSI, UDPP and Smashbox. I put a dot on each eyelid, blend, then wait a minute for it to dry before putting anything else on my eyelids.

on 12/12/2014 11:27:00 AM

I definitely rate this as the best primer. If used to the texture of the Urban Decay primer, this can seem thin in comparison but do not let that fool you. It's extremely effective. I actually own this and the Urban Decay primer and whilst I would say they are similar in terms of performance, NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is much better for matte eyeshadow application in my opinion. I think overall this primer is much better. It doesn't feel as though you're wearing a primer but ensures any eye make up stays put all day. Definitely recommend

on 11/8/2014 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The only reason I've said I wouldn't buy this again is because I never bought it to begin with. I don't wear a lot of eyeshadow, but I got a sample of this from Sephora and LOVED it. It's beautiful on its own. It just brings a little shimmer to the eyes (shimmer, NOT glitter). And when I did test it out with eyeshadow, my makeup didn't budge all day. Great formula. If you're in the market for an eyeshadow base, I highly recommend you give this one a try!

on 11/4/2014 9:59:00 PM

This is a MUST if your eye shadow creases like crazy. I would put my makeup on before work...around 7 am and by noon it was getting creasy, and fading. I've used cheaper primers and they did nothing but waste my time and money. NARS is perfect. I put my eye shadow on today at 7am and I just washed my face at 8pm, and it almost looked perfect, like I just put the eye shadow on. No creasing, fading, melting. Kept my eyeliner in place.

Since its a wand style applicator, its not for sharing just like mascara.

I found blending my eye shadow fine, and it kept the color vibrant from the start. Don't need to use to much, a little goes along way. They say the money you invest in your makeup should be the base, like primer / foundation / concealer. Without a good base, anything else you put on will just be garbage. BUT you can't put a eye cream on your lid before applying this, it makes it harder to adhere to your lid and won't work as well. Just use a good eye cream at night and you should be fine.

This eye primer is just to good for words. It needs to be in every ones makeup bag.

on 10/25/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've only used a handful of other shadow primers before, mainly UDPP in Eden, and one L'Oreal had out years ago. Initially I thought I would not like this because it's colorless and I like the yellow tint of Eden to correct my lids. However this turned out to be a real winner, I used it with some cheapie drugstore shadow and it lasted all day, even through a 4 mile trek on a warm humid day. Shadow didn't crease and there was some minor fading but I put it through the wringer. Also this made my shadows very vibrant and the color really popped. This is a great product.

on 10/8/2014 5:00:00 PM

Better than Urban Decay primer because it's easier to put on and easier to spread

on 9/25/2014 4:14:00 PM

I was given this product as a gift, so I didn't actually pay for it. I like the staying power of this product, and that my shadow doesn't crease, however, I've found so many drugstore eye primers that really do the same. I love the Milani primer, and honestly, the $1 E.L.F. primer works for me, too. This NARS primer makes it really hard for me to blend my shadows as it is so tacky. I wouldn't repurchase because of the price.

Top Rated NARS Products