NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 3/9/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily skin, therefore my lids are also very oily. eye shadow doesn't last at all, and will crease if i don't use a primer. my shadow will last days with this underneath. i like the consistency of this product.

HOLY CRAP! This stuff is no joke!!! I spent months looking for an eye primer that actually held my eyeshadows in place all night long and had no luck until I tried this! My friend works at sephora and recommended this to me. I wasn't too crazy over the price, since the tube is a bit on the smaller side, but this stuff lasts forever because you only need the tiniest amount !

After applying a small dot to the eyelid, spread the primer and let it sit for about 10 seconds. The primer turns 'tacky', but not sticky or gooey, and literally acts as a glue for your eyeshadow!

Your makeup won't budge all night! I can't stress how amazing this product is. Definitely must give a try !! :)

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I really hated this at first because the wand dispenses the smallest possible amount of product, and it just felt like nothing on my eyelids. However a little goes a long way with this, I put this and e/s on at 7:00 AM, I sweated while walking to school (gross, sorry) and I hung out with friends until 8:30 PM..my eyeshadow didnt budge at all. That's 13 and a half hours..incredible! My eyeshadow never lasts that long at all! Highly recommend. :) I won't be buying for a while because it's pretty expensive but worth it.

on 2/15/2015 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite eyeshadow primer for years now! I find it performs (for me, at least) far better than Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It's a white colored primer without any shimmer or sparkle, but it blends into eyelids and looks almost colorless (it gives my lids the same appearance as if I had applied a layer of a "bone" colored eyeshadow). Once it dries, I apply whatever shadow(s) I'm using, blend or smudge, and the color looks vibrant all day. This is an excellent product that I hope it never reformulated or discontinued.

on 2/9/2015 1:12:00 PM

Another HG from NARS! I love this product! I tried many other eye shadow primers (f.i. paint pot from MAC, eye shadow primer from Manhattan cosmetics and more) but they are not comparable to this one in any way. First of all I like it that it is colorless. The primer is white, so the first time before applying you might wonder but it does really come out transparent on your eyelids. I don't like it when the primer has a tone, I mean I'm already going to put on eyeshadow so I don't need the primer to be colored. So I think this a big plus. Another great thing and maybe the more important one is, that it is really doing what it's claiming to - the eyeshadow stays where you want it and it doesn't set in the lines! I figured that my eyelids tend to be a little oily during the day, but there is no creasing with this product. My eyeshadow stays all day long and that's all I'm asking for.

on 2/8/2015 2:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I have to admit, I'm not the biggest user of eyeshadow in the world. But for the days that I do want to wear some, or for eyeliner, a base is an absolute must for me. I have such oily eyelids, that even when I close my eyes you can see just stripes of oil in my crease. Sometimes my eyeshadowbase ITSELF creased - oh the irony. What I've tried in the past: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot, Too Faced shadow insurance and some drugstore ones. None of them worked: after two hours, my eyeshadow would just disappear into the fine lines on my eyes.
Maybe part of my love-hate relationship that I have with eyeshadow derives from the fact that I never found a base that actually LASTED. I sort of embraced that it just wasn't for me.

Until I asked a MUA on Tumblr (lipstick-lust, for those who would like to know) if she knew a base that would solve my problem. She said she had the same problem and this was the only thing that helped, so I caved in. And oh. MY. GAWD. She was so right! For the first time ever my eyeshadow lasts, does not crease (a little bit when I don't spread it well enough). I'm heavily impressed.

The formula of this is nice. When you spread it, it's kind of like a creamy-silicone layer (not sure if it containes any silicones though) but dries to a non-visible base that you don't feel on your lids either. I love the formula, but even if it was bad I would still buy this, because it just works so well!

Bottom line: Do you have oily eyelids? Nothing works for you? Try this! You won't regret it! You don't have oily eyelids? Don't break the bank on this. It won't do anything special for you. But YAY for my fellow oily-lids! Will repurchase!!

on 2/6/2015 4:15:00 AM

This works really well for me, I wanted a completely colourless primer that would blend right in and stop my eyeliner flicks from melting and this does the job. It also helps eyeshadows go on smoothly and stay freshly applied looking for as long as I'd want. I have tried a sample of Urban decay primer potion in the sin colour and found my eyeshadow still creased so I know the nars works better than that one but im still no primer expert! I find the packaging simple and convenient and don't mind the doe foot applicator as it means that you only take out the amount of product you need.

on 1/9/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HOLY GRAAAAIL. Amazing product but definately on the expensive side (boo). I have pretty oily eyelids and this stuff doesnt let my eyeshadow crease or fade, its a freaking god sent. I use this all over the eye with MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre on top!

on 1/7/2015 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an okay eye primer but it's nothing amazing. It keeps my shadow on but I think the applicator is kind of unhygienic. I also wish this had a tint do it, something almost opaque so that it would cover my lid colour, shadows would look much more brighter. I'll probably keep this until I finish but I'm also planning to buy a MAC paint pot.

I also find that this is sometimes tricky to blend in and sometimes it will become crusty (gross) or you can see a white edge near the inner corner of my eyes, yuck.

I wouldn't re-purchase this but would probably recommend it if someone was looking for a non-tined shadow primer.

on 12/31/2014 2:45:00 PM

As someone with oily eyelids, this is my holy grail product. The packaging is great, super sleek. And the product lasts absolutely forever! The very first time I used it I was at a cheer competition, and I put it on at 7 in the morning and my eye makeup didn't budge until 11 that night when I washed it off! Normally I get those awful creases in my makeup as the day goes on, but this left my eyes soft and not oily all day and kept my makeup in place! It even kept my drugstore eyeliner that normally comes off after a few hours on the entire day. I don't think I'll ever be able to live without this product again honestly.