September 2, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bodycology - Vanilla Cupcake

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by mascaralover123

I really love sweet scents.
For the price of this, it's amazing.
I usually lighty put it on, because the lotion is really strong, and the scent tends too last on me all day.
I will probably buy this again *(:
people say they have a problem with making sprays last, but if you match it with the lotion, it will last all day(:

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by romeosmom

I am reviewing the LOTION not the cream. They have changed the packaging and the new pump bottle works very well. The lotion has also apparently changed in consistency. It does a wonderful job of moisturizing (as well as Ecco Bella lotion), and it is a fraction of the cost. The vanilla smell is adorable. I also love the bodywash. The only downside is the fragrance doesnt seem to last very long. All in all, I will definitely keep using this and saving me a bundle on the expensive brand that I loved so well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by dcb409

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Please note, this review is mostly on the scent, since that's the only reason I picked this up in the first place. I didn't stop and look at something scented with Vanilla Cupcake to restore my hands to the best they've ever been, and neither should you.

I'm actually kind of furious I love this so much. About a month ago I went to Ulta and dropped 10 bucks on their Buttercream Cupcake lotion and was extremely disappointed. It was far too buttery and dried down to a very odd scent. When I saw this body cream on the shelf at walmart for less than $4, I almost passed it by. I mean, if my Ulta lotion that was twice as much was disappointing, surely this had to be too? Well I picked it up anyways, put a little on my hand and could not believe my...nose? Whatever, anyways the point is it smelled DELICIOUS! Not exactly like a Vanilla Cupcake, but more like a can of sprinkles with a hint of very fake, artificial vanilla in the background. Yes, this is an extremely fake, somewhat plasticky smell. But what do you expect? If you're looking for a mature, sensuous and realistic scent, don't look at something called Vanilla Cupcake. For all of you lovers of ridiculously sweet, foodie scents, pick this up in the body cream form. It is extremely delicious and seems fairly moisturizing as well.

EDIT: STAY AWAY from the shower gel version of this scent. It smells like straight up cherry cough syrup, it is disgusting.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by michellemango

This is a really good lotion. It's nice and thick and moisturizing, and it also makes my skin glow. The scent is very pleasant, and the scent lasts longer then most of my lotions. It also keeps me moisturized the whole day. It smells like straight up frosting, which I love! And I will repurchase this, along with more bodycology lotions when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by greencurry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product on an irresistible impulse a couple of days ago. Although the packaging is simple, there is something about this lotion that was calling my name among the myriad similar products on shelf. I am very, very happy that I listened and took it home with me unsniffed and untested, just going with my dry skin intuition.

Now, I have absolutely no need of another hand and body lotion. I have several next to the kitchen sink, in the bathroom, my bedroom, my handbag, my desk at work, spanning the price and prestige gamut from humble BBW to Fresh, Decleor, Clarins and obscure Asian brands. This baby, however, is the one I have reached for all weekend, with excellent results.

The packaging is attractive and functional. I purchased the 12 ounce pump bottle for about $5 at Ulta. The pump opened with no complaints and works great, dispensing a perfect amount of product for post-dishwashing ablutions.

I was sure I would tire easily of what I had anticipated would be an obnoxious cloying gourmand scent, but no. This smells of luscious bourbon vanilla with a subtle warm cinnamon-nutmeg note, not sickeningly sweet cupcake icing (which I actually prefer to the subtle stuff, golosa that I am). I even detect a fragrance structure here, with a beautiful drydown that leaves you unstickily moisturized and with no trace of self-consciousness that you might be swanning about leaving a scent trail of Magnolia Bakery.

All this for one low price of five bucks...but there's more. I would buy this product unscented for its formula and performance. Yup, it's that good, containing its fair smattering of chemical ingredients and preservatives, but also creamy dreamy stuff like glycerin, shea and cocoa butters, aloe vera and vitamin E. I've been spending my weekends lately in true scullery maid fashion, cooking up a storm, cleaning, doing laundry -- but thanks to my new best buddy, my hands and body will show no trace of my domestic efforts.

As a final testament to my infatuation with this product, I owe a great many other products a review on MUA, being that they have served me so well over the years. This one, however, took cuts and got reviewed straightaway, 'cause ***drumroll, please*** Bodycology Vanilla Cupcake Hand & Body Lotion utterly, compellingly takes the cake.

xo greencurry

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by specialribbons

WTF? "Vanilla Cupcake?"
This smells like clay.
It was moisturizing, but I hate the smell. I'm the kind of person that LOVES sweet scents, but this was definitely not that. It just smelled like salty clay.
I absolutely will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by shootingstar81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Smells more like vanilla frosting than anything, but that's NOT a bad thing at all. The lotion is very thick and does a great job moisturizing. It's also incredibly affordable -- around $3 at Walmart for a big bottle. If you like vanilla scents, I'd definitely recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by emilyisthebeesknees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

YUM!!!
Smells DELISH! :)
Haha, other than that, it's REALLY strong.
So keep that in mind..but it does WONDERS! :)
Other scents by them are FAB as well!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by MagicFROST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the body cream in this scent. This comes in a classic flip-top tube. Purchase price is around $5 which is great for this thick rich cream, and you get a good amount of product.

This formula can be drying though, so if you do have problem skin please keep that in mind.

But, this is a good big-box store buy for a thick cream. Pick the scent you like, they have lots.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this scent because I love vanilla, eggnog, butter cream, oatmeal milk & honey... anything along the lines but it's really strong so if you need to apply your body with it. You'd might wanna pass but if it's just your hands/arms then yeah go for it.

It's a pretty good knock off of Philosophy... I actually like the Bodycology line but I've had mine for a while because how much do you use of a Vanilla Cupcake lotion to repurchase it?