December 22, 2014 | 1184 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - The Body Shop - Facial Buffer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

I bought this a few days ago after the raving reviews left on here. I've been looking for a product or item to use on my skin which will make a difference. I exfoliate my face when I remember but I needed something a bit more intense. I've only used it once and the next morning when I woke up my skin was bright and fresh. I will use it again tonight. I don't have particularly sensitive skin but I noticed some people said this can be harsh on sensitive skin due to the texture. It's actually not as corse as I expected so I can go a bit heavier with my hand. I will definitely repurchase once this becomes grubby and worn.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by amyyy77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

more people have to know about this item its amazing after i used it i felt my skin was sooooo bright and glowing and its dirt cheap to i would highly recomend it

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by StilettoQueen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

With the amount of products I'm using on my face, I wanted to eliminate one. I was worried with all of the stuff I was using, they might be cancelling out the effects of another product. Plus I usually find regular scrubs in a tube are either too rough or to gentle or too drying, etc. So I figured with this, you could control the pressure you apply to your face, and which parts of the face to focus on, and obviously you won't be drying it out, plus thats one less product to use on my face. I'm glad I switched to this product. I need to scrub my face 3x weekly. Having oily skin means that it's regenerating at a faster rate, and when you get dead skin left on your face, that leads to more clogged pores and acne. Also, I'm using other chemical exfoliants for my acne and scarring (glycolic acid, retinol), and it's peeling my skin off at a faster rate, so once a week just doesn't cut it. I use it with Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser while I'm in the shower. I put the cleanser on my face first and lather it up, and while it's still on my face I scrub it in. These things last a long time, I'm still on my first one that I bought last November, and it's still doing great. I bought 5 because they had some deal at The Body Shop, but if I ever get through all of those, I'll definitely be going back for another 5 :).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by bunbunrice

This is my first time purchasing a facial buffer and I absoulutley love it! Ever since I started using this my skin has felt a lot softer! It was about $6 when I bought it. I deffently would reccomend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

Really nice to use, gentle yet effective. Dries out quickly, very good value for money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG product.

I cannot be without this, it really has changed my skin for the better. I have no blackheads whatsoever any more! This is coming from someone with very oily, acne prone skin and blackhead ridden skin. I could easily wake up with 10+ spots on a good day. I could wake to that as well as 5 or so beautiful cystic spots in the days leading up to my period. Whilst not being a miracle product and completely eradicating my acne, it has VASTLY improved the brightness, texture and condition of my skin, as well as vastly improving my acne breakouts. I will never stop using this. I have no blackheads on my nose and none on my cheeks and this buffer is to thank for that. If any of you have the salux towel, the facial buffer is comparable in texture to that.
My method of using it and what works for me: wet face and apply face wash. Massage face wash into face with hands for about 10-15 seconds. Wet facial buffer and gently polish face wash off. Rinse facial buffer and polish again. Rinse face then apply moisturiser. I do that gently twice a day (I know I shouldn't be exfoliating that often and I wear very high SPF but I find this is the only thing that stops me from my extreme break outs). I also like using this with a hot cloth cleanser but with steaming my face over a bowl and using this or a muslin cloth. I have been using mine for about 3 months now and it's become soft. I am going to replace is asap.

EDIT: Today (24/2/2012) I was in The Body Shop with my boyfriend stocking up on these and I was explaining what they do and that I can't live without them. I asked if he'd noticed any difference in my skin. He noticed! He said my skin looked more clear, and 'less... marky!' Lol I'm not imagining it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This little facial scrubber is frankly the best of my face washing products. I've used it with at least 8 different cleansers and it turns them all into better products than they are with just fingers. Leaves my skin soft (though not as soft as my Mia2) and combined with the right cleanser is the only cleansing routine which keeps my blackheads at bay.

You do have to be delicate with it, I use in small fast and LIGHT circular motions, because it's a strong scrubber and probably would do great harm if you had acne or sensitive skin. But if you've oily but mostly clear skin this thing is a life saver. Soft skin, almost no blackheads, and (yes!) visibly smaller pores. It won't do anything to control oil production throughout the day or clear up any pimples once they emerge but I have other things for that.

I clean it once a week and repurchase every 2-3 months so at $5 a pop they're a great bargain and work perfectly well with whatever cheap DS cleanser I try. I first added this to my daily skin routine over 5 years ago and no matter what other new things I try I keep coming back to this. It would be helpful it TBS added a longer separate string from the back strap so I could hang the thing up to dry but that is my only complaint about this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have experimented for the past few years with manual exfoliating accessories, such as microfiber cloths, facial sponges, mini brushes etc. This is definitely the best and most effective of them all and so cheap too. I use it once or twice a day, with a cleanser (I like to use Cetaphil Gentle) it helps the product to really cleanse your skin, as well as providing gentle exfoliation. My main concern would be that it is very easy to over do it, I have to be extra careful to only glide over the skin in circular motions, without any pressure at all. Overall, very happy and it eliminates the need for any scrubs or chemical exfoliants for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by alisa19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Decided to buy this one after reading all the MUA reviews. I was lucky to get two for the price of one - the guy who served me must have been a manager or something like this. I really like it! Now I quite regret buying all the scrubs - this stuff works much better. Exactly what I needed for my face - made most blemishes go away!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by epich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

BEST THING THATS EVER HAPPENED TO ME!I found this for the first time when i was traveling and i needed something to replace my apricot scrub so i was so excited when i saw it for only 3 dollars at the body shop! the first time i tried it it was unbelievable!!!!!! my face was so extremely clean and soft after just one use! The first few days of using it it can be a bit harsh but as it softens up it becomes amazing! after about 3-4 weeks i recommend buying a new one because it becomes soft! Also i love the packaging it comes in because it was so handy that i could just pop it back in the plastic and put it in my bag! I use it with a normal dove soap bar and it works amazing!!! I love this and will continue to buy it forever!! i cant go one day without it!