September 1, 2014 | 976 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Total Effects 7-in-1 Fragrance-free SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Really liked this product gave a very nice glow and healthy look even after I had applied makeup. It says fragrance free but there is DEFINITELY a fragrance. It smells like SPF so if you don't like the SPF smell this isn't for you because even after applied when I went to school my friends asked me if I was wearing sunscreen! The packaging is VERY nice it comes in a bottle with pumps that gets every single drop of the product out so your not wasting product. It's kinda expensive but I will repurchase sometime in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Good amount of moisture for my dry skin. Has antiaging ingredients. Fragrance free. The SPF is broad-spectrum. Some face and body SPFs actually have a warning on the packaging (near the active ingredient listing) telling you that it protects against sunburn but not aging or skin cancer. Even some olays. But this one DOES PROTECT against both.

CONS: Only spf 15.

ALTERNATES: Olay has a 7-in-1 in SPF 30 that I prefer, for the additonal spf protection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this moisturizer up because the store was out of Olay's Regenerist Regenerating Lotion With Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15.

I like the texture of this lotion, it leaves my slightly dry sensitive skin feeling moisturized but not sticky or shiny. It does take longer to absorb than other facial moisturizers I have tried. It also seems to ball up under foundation so I would not use this daily because of that.

Overall not a bad product but the balling up/ flaking it does when I apply my foundation makes this a "no-winner" for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As someone else said, Beautypedia gives this stuff a great review, which is why I bought it. I have to say, it has made such a difference to my skin, it's so much smoother. I have very dry sensitive skin and it keeps it hydrated. Only drawback is the price - around $NZ35. I got it on sale for $23 which wasn't too bad, and it's much much cheaper than my Clinique Super Rescue. HG status and will continue to purchase.

Edit - if you live in New Zealand the Warehouse has this stuff 2 for $25. Jus' sayin'.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by carameldrizzle520

I bought this at Costco when they had a coupon and I would really like to see those 7 effects. Overall, I was looking for one product that one product that does it all. I've seen this product around forever so it should be good? (even the Costco guy that checks receipts said it was good because it's what his wife uses)

But what they say is true. It's a sunscreen and acts like a sunscreen: it leaves an oily layer on top of your skin that lasts all day. At least, for my skin it did. Why am I still using it? Well, it's kinda expensive for a drug store brand and I'm still in college, saving every penny for living purposes. I spent maybe $30 on this, and that's more than some of my textbooks. I don't want this to go to waste and I really want to believe in it!

But! I started mixing this moisturizer with one pump L'oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup (SPF 20) and I spread it all over my face and neck. Try mixing this product with a liquid foundation, and for ladies that want more coverage, work from there. So far, my face looks really bright and the tinted moisturizer from these two products makes me feel kinda girly. I'm not a huge fan of makeup but this has a super light coverage and a bit of tint and reverses the shiny effects of Olay. I almost neglected the L'oreal foundation because it made my face look kinda fake, and I'd rather blemishes than a weird skin color/texture not found in nature. And I'm sure my skin will love the layering of sunscreen products.

Let's hope this anti-wrinkle stuff works ;D i'll let you know in 10-15 years (I'm Asian and hoping it does me good)

Although, I started this product with the Garnier Fructis Clinical Overnight Peel and Dark Spot Corrector Vitamin C treatment. I don't know which product to attribute to my skin improvements.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This moisturizer with SPF has been wonderful for my dry winter skin. Adds just enough hydration without feeling greasy and works perfectly under my make-up. The texture is silky, absorbs quickly, and the pump packaging is wonderful. Not only does this contain SPF, but niacinamide, vitamin C, and green tea. Love this moisturizer for my dry winter induced skin and will be repurchasing it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! I don't know what happened to me while using this lotion, but I noticed by the end of the day I had little tiny red bumps around my eyes, forehead and tops of cheek bones. I finally found out(after a month) that THIS was causing the irritation! Stopped using it and the NEXT day my skin was back to normal. It also stung a lil bit when I applied it, I know, all the signs where there that this was not compatible with my skin, lol but I tried hard to tell myself it wasn't the problem. Its fragrance free( still has a slight "scent") but it still irritated my slightly sensitive skin, can't imagine what this would do to very sensitive skin. Its a no go for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Crispyhexagon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ran out of Visionaire which I didn't find did anything for me at all and really didn't want to spend the zillion dollars to buy it again so I picked this up at the grocery store ,, been using it for a week and my skin looks a million times better than it did using the whole bottle of expensive crap! It looks even and fresh and bright and tighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by jiegao8

My first experience with skincare products goes back to when I was about 15 years old and I used simply Olay foaming face wash with the most basic complete 15SPF moisturizer & night of Olay. I had the best skin of my life throughout my teenage years while all the other girls in school were struggling with acne. After high school and throughout college, something about my skin changed, perhaps due to stress, diet, or the fact that I started using some makeup, or maybe change in Olay's original formula, who knows what, but my skincare regime stopped working. I began having acne problems on and off. Tried different products and went to dermatologists, nothing really worked very well. I bought Total Effect 7-in-1 on a whim because it was on sale at the time and I needed a daytime moisturizer with spf. Surprisingly, it worked out very well on my skin and even improved my overall skin tone as well as acne scars. My acne problem has also calmed down a lot and now I only get few pimples during that time of the month. At first I thought it was a bit oily for my combination skin, mainly on the T-zone area, and worried that it might break me out. Thankfully it never did and I continued using it everyday. Almost done with the first bottle and will repurchase. The one I have now is with fragrance but it didn't really bother me too much. I love how it gives off a very healthy glow after you put it on and makes your skin stay moisturized throughout the day. It has a creamy texture that's not too thick and blends well. However, I would probably use it more often during the fall or winter compared to summer as it may take some time for it to completely absorb into the skin. Most of the time I use powder foundation after this and then it's simply perfect. The packaging is okay with me. 1 big pump is just enough. I'm glad that another great Olay product worked for me. Perhaps I outgrew the basic ones. I will continue to try different Olay products and would definitely recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Lau252

I really like this product. It goes on nicely and gives me a glow. I do not like the packaging. There is a little plug that you have to put on the opening so that the lotion does not get all over the cap. Its hard to explain but suffice to say, its annoying. Having said that, I have already and will continue to repurchase.