July 30, 2014 | 1183 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean pressed powder - Sensitive skin

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by NairbRey

Not the worst, but is not best either, I only got it beacause I wanted something to mantain my matte look for more hours, I use Bare Minerals religiously and wore this after a couple of hours to cover up shine, the first touch up was great and natural, but the other touch ups got me cakey and looking dusty, which is bad cause with my Bare Minerals I get coverage without looking like I have Makeup no one can tell I have makeup but with this after the second retouch they could tell I had something. will have to stay with my better powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by vm1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The coverage of Covergirl powder is a bit cheap. It wears off fast and has to be reapplied a couple times throughout the day. I even use it over foundation which I thought would help it stay in place, but it only works for a couple of hours. The color variety is okay. I have to use 2 different powders to match my face which are 125 and 130. The case is also cheap. It broke as soon as i dropped it...on my carpet, which is fairly thick. I apply with a brush and it looks way better than it does when it's applied with the pad. When I use the pad, it just stays on there. I think it's fairly good. Does not look chalky and doesn't pile up when you re-apply. Not very long lasting but it looks very smooth and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an overall nice setting powder. It creates a nice finish and has no smell. This does have good pigmentation and does not look cakey. This is a nice setting powder to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is pretty plain and simple. It's not only perfect for sensitive skin but it also controls oil which is awesome. First thing's first, let's talk about the packaging. It's a thick, blue, sleek plastic compact. It's not something I would be ashamed of having in my makeup bag. It has a mirror and a puff on the inside for easy on-the-go application. I personally don't use makeup puffs that come with my powders ever. I prefer to use a kabuki brush. I feel as if you get a more even, natural, better finish this way. The powder itself has a faint smell to it. It almost smells like a mixture of old lady perfume and baby powder. Again, the smell isn't strong at all so it's hardly noticeable especially when it's on the face. I've discovered that almost all of Cover girl's products have that distinctive smell to them, especially their powders. I'd also like to add that this powder is 100% matte. It has no shimmer or shine to it what so ever which makes me so happy. Usually a lot cheap drug store powders have some sort of glitter/shimmer to it which is most certainly not what I want. I think the quality of this powder is great for such a cheap price. Almost all of my friends use it, which is why I was so eager to try it out. Be warned, this product is not for people with very dry skin. I do have dry skin myself but after a while I get quite oily. This does look the slightest powdery when I first apply it (because my skin is dry) but through out the day (my skin gets oily) it really absorbs the oil on my face and leaves me with a nice, matte finish. I don't use this powder everyday though because I have found one that I enjoy more (Maybelline Dream Matte powder) but I do keep one of these bad boys with me just in case. It's the perfect touch up and back up powder. Overall I give this powder 5 lippies because for such a cheap price (Around $3 depending on where you live and where you purchase [I live in California and purchased mine at Walmart]) it just doesn't get better than this. I definitely recommend this powder to people who have oily/sensitive skin!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by RavenOfShadows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

Bought this as I was looking for a relatively cheap powder in a pale shade to suit my skin and give a matte finish to my slightly oily T-zone. I picked up the Creamy Natural 220 shade as it seemed to be the lightest (and least yellow) shade. It suits my pale skin perfectly and blends well. I apply with a brush as I'm not keen on the applicators and their sanitation issues, although I must say the applicator it comes with is thicker than some I've seen but certainly not the softest! It can be a little difficult to pick up with a brush so you have to be persistant. The powder itself is of a fine texture, leaves a soft and smooth matte finish, and hasn't caused any irritation. As it's light it doesn't provide much coverage - so if you're looking for coverage you should look at other products or just start with a foundation. I'm not overly impressed with the packaging - it's thick but still seems cheap, and the hinge of the lid doesn't seem as though it could hold up to much bumping around in a purse/handbag. Overall, I would most likely buy this again because it matches my pale skin perfectly and gives a lovely smooth, matte finish which is just what I'm looking for.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by bluecutie016

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this product last 3 weeks ago and I thought that I've found the pressed powder that will suit for my very sensitive skin. Well, I was wrong. On the first week of my trial usage on this product, it didn't broke out my face and on the following weeks, it's like i really don't want to go outside of our house because IT BROKE OUT MY FACE!! :(( ohh well, I will never repurchase this product again and I'm going to search for another product that will suite my sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by tketels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awful.. I know I shouldn't expect much from how cheap it was but sometimes you can get really good stuff for less! That is of course what I expected... and ended up being dissapointed. The packaging is easily breakable and cheap, and the powder itself is even mroe so. The powder is not smooth and does not come up, and covers almost nothing. It does a terrible job at setting and wears off almost immediately. By the time I get enough on to make a difference, it's caked on and feeling heavy. I can't stand it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by tswizzle2102

This is a great powder, but the only thing is i don't really use it for pressed powder, i like to use it for a powder foundation, which is really good!!! it leaves me looking non patchy, nice color, and is really good... I love the packaging it is really cute, but i would mostly use this powder\foundation in the summer because it gives me a nice tan look, so i definitely recommend it

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by KaylahJane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the lightest shade in this color and have almost used up the entire thing. The shade match is relatively close, its still a little bit on the darker side for me. It has pretty good coverage, not as much as I'd hoped. It can leave a cakey effect by the end of the day- especially for oily people, it does NOT stay matte- but for the price, I think its a pretty good deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Beeaauutty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is OK. It has incredible coverage but thats becuase its incredibly cakey... This makes me look SOO powdery and gross like you can no doubt about it tell im wearing make up! I would only use on bare skin to control shine. Sadly i went through at least 3-4 packages of this until i relised how bad it looked :(

I defitntly do not want to be referred to as having a "powdery face"...gross