October 1, 2014 | 1167 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I note a very mixed bag of reviews for this one. Years ago, I swore by the Almay liquid (lotion) eye make-up remover as well as their eye make-up remover pads that worked for removing Lancome Defincils. Since then, I have no doubt both formulas have changed. I picked the pads up recently to remove the Bare Essentials Mascara --- results contributed to very dry, brittle lashes. I'm sure the mascara itself did not help. The Almay pads may work well for some but not for others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

These are an absolute staple for me. However, I generally only wear mascara, which I can easily remove from both eyes with one pad. If I happen to have eyeshadow on, it'll take two pads. I just recently discovered that you can use them to remove lipstains, which I was excited about, having put on one to try out, only to discover it was hideous, and thinking I wouldn't be able to leave the house until it faded!

The pads are very thin, so you have to be careful that you aren't grabbing two at once. They work well for me with no tugging at all.

I could imagine that if you wear heavier and/or waterproof eye stuff, these might not be the best choice. But otherwise, I find them super easy, fast, and convenient. The CVS version does work just as well and is much cheaper, so I grab those when I can.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

About me: I am a contact lens wearer and I have very sensitive eyes to makeup and skincare products around my eyes. My eyes and the skin around is very dry.

Pros
-Large Amount of Product (80 count)
-Cheap
-Gentle
-Good for removing light amts of makeup
-Great for Travel
-Oil free for those who are acne prone or have sensitive skin to certain oils
-no greasy residue after removal

Cons
-Pads are small and thin
-If you want them to remove anything you have to have them sit on top of your eye for awhile
-They stung and burned my eyes. I would end up having to take my contacts out after I use these. However, I have sensitive eyes, so if you do not then these might not bother you.
-Do not remover all of your makeup unless you are a light makeup wearer
-Will not remover waterproof mascara
-smell very chemically

On a daily basis i like to wear winged eyeliner, eye shadow, tightline and a very heavy mascara (like benefit their real), so this does not work for me on most days of the week. I found you had to sit it on top of your eye for a good minute before it would remove any makeup. It would remove my eye shadow but none of my mascara or liquid eyeliner. However, 2 days a week I have clinical for nursing school and I only wear mascara on my eyes very lightly because I have to wake up at 5 in the morning and I don't want to spend extra time with my MU on those days. Therefore, when I get home, they are wonderful on removing mascara that looks natural and when I only have one coat of it on. If that is you on a daily basis, then this might be the MU remover for you. If you love to wear different looks with heavy eye makeup and eyeliner, then this is not for you. Also, if you have sensitive eyes, I would stay away. I have a couple of more jars of this to use up and to use them up I will use them on my hospital days 2 times a week and I will make sure to take out my contacts before hand. After I use up the other containers, I will update on if I still feel the same. I waited until I used up one 80 count jar/container before writing this review.

Update 10/27/2013: I still feel the same about this after using up another container of this. I still have one container left and I have started using it as cleansing wipes for my face since I have noticed it burns my eyes more than usual lately

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by misscynthia06

OUCH! These are terrible. Burning, stinging, leave my eyes a red mess. If you use more than one and let them sit on eye area the makeup does eventually dissolve, but never easily and never fully. I still have to use oils and cleansers to clean up after. Overall these are a huge MISS for me, irritating and do more harm than good. 5-10 minutes fighting with these stingers to get my eyes ready for bed? no thanks.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by queenghetto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Needed some quick eye makeup remover for cheap so I bought these. Not even worth $5. They didn't remove eyeliner or mascara and only made my eyelids a greasy mess. Do yourself a favor and save a couple bucks by not buying these.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by imasocalgirl

Did they recently change the formula for this? It almost feels oily now ????

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought these because I had a coupon & they were on sale. These are okay - they do a good enough job of removing my eye makeup quickly & easily. I usually use 1 thin pad per eye, and that's for eye primer, shadow, mascara, and liquid liner. However, even though I do not have overly sensitive eyes or skin, they do make my eyes burn & water. I find I have to rinse my eyes with clean water after using these. I have 2 containers full, so I'll use them up, but I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by dtcmarilyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This burned my skin, Iam now peeling of scabs of skin. Dont buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by morganmarie19

I've used these for a few years as my random eye makeup removing pads. I tend to just remove my makeup with water in the shower but sometimes I'll just be experimenting with different eye looks or mess up an eye and I reach for one of these. They get off all of the makeup, and are big enough that I can usually get both eyes off (granted I don't wear much) but small enough that I don't feel like I'm wasting a whole face sheet for just my eyes. They've never bothered/irritated my eyes but then again I have very un-sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I used these all the time when I used to stay over at friend's houses. The packaging was small and convenient for traveling. The packaging was secure and fit well in an overnight bag without taking up too much room. It quickly removed eye-makeup and removed everything for me pretty well. I did have to use more than one for each eye sometimes, but that usually corresponded to how much eyeliner and mascara I used (sometimes a lot). Sometimes this was harsh, but I have sensitive eyes and skin (well everything), but for the most part I remember these fondly.

I don't tend to stay over at anyone's house anymore because I'm not in college anymore so I don't really have use for these anymore, which is the only reason I haven't repurchased them lately. I would if I ever did go back to partying ways or if I had a serious boyfriend to visit. So these get my stamp of approval for travel or a stay-over bag.