Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

3.6

Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol 12-29-2010

on 12/30/2013 8:13:00 AM

Horrible product. Burns the area around my eyes, leaving them red. But the WORST thing? Doesn't remove the makeup. This product did NOT remove eyeliner (powder), one base shade of eyeshadow (powder) and one coat of non-waterproof mascara. WTH?! Had to use ANOTHER eye-makeup remover and then saw what this product left behind. Waste of money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been using these for years to take off my makeup and won't be changing anytime soon. Anytime I've tried a more expensive makeup remover like Clarins or Lancome, I've gotten irritated skin but these work wonderfully on my sensitive, dry skin. The packaging/name for these have changed recently, but the formula seems to be the same.

This is a pretty straightforward, simple product where the you can just hold this against your eyelid and your eye makeup will dissolve onto it. With these I like that I can lay them onto my eyelid and don't need to do a whole bunch of tugging and pulling to take everything off. They've never irritated my eyes nor caused me to break out in milia like the non-oil free version did, but since they do have citric acid in them I can see why other people may have reactions to this. Make sure to read over the ingredients here because this one seems to not be universally hypoallergenic.

Other tips for these is that if you're wearing minimal makeup or just want to be extra frugal, you can cut these in half and use one side for each eye and double your amount of removal pads. Also, if I notice that the pads on top feel a little less moist, I just flip the stack over to move the removal liquid back through everything.

I keep these in my gym bag to take off my eye makeup before I go running and I really like them! I don't have a problem with the skin around my eyes burning, and it takes off my makeup without too much tugging or pulling. I just hold it over my eye for a few seconds, and then wipe everything away. Very nice!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I hate this stuff. It works well on my eye makeup, but it burns and stings. Whenever I used it the area around my eyes would be red, puffy, and covered in oil and tears. It was hell on earth. I only kept using it because it was in convenient packaging, and I was always rushed in the store. After a while I decided that this was bloody ridiculous and bought a bottle of gentle eye makeup remover and some cotton rounds. Now all of a sudden I can see.

on 10/22/2013 3:36:00 PM

These pads cause the skin around my eyes to burn. After this happened several times, with several brands of eye makeup, I was sure it was the pads, so I threw them all out. I would not even give them away to a friend.

on 10/15/2013 4:11:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've used this eye makeup remover pads for years. I always have a few tubs of this around the house as all the women in my family use them. I have fair sensitive skin and these have never caused me any problems such as redness or irritation. The container says they are 100% fragrance free, though there is a slight chemical smell, but it's not overt. They are also said to be hypo-allergenic and contain cucumber extract, aloe leaf extract, and green tea extract.

They remove makeup effectively without leaving any oily/greasy residue (as the non oil-free version certainly does) and the area dries quickly. Depending on how much eye makeup I have on- mascara vs mascara + liquid eyeliner, I sometimes opt to use one for each eye, but this doesn't bother me at all as one tub of 120 pads lasts me months. As long as you twist the top on completely, the pads will remain wet and effective.

I have no complaints with these and will continue to buy them.

on 10/14/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I note a very mixed bag of reviews for this one. Years ago, I swore by the Almay liquid (lotion) eye make-up remover as well as their eye make-up remover pads that worked for removing Lancome Defincils. Since then, I have no doubt both formulas have changed. I picked the pads up recently to remove the Bare Essentials Mascara --- results contributed to very dry, brittle lashes. I'm sure the mascara itself did not help. The Almay pads may work well for some but not for others.

on 10/12/2013 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These are an absolute staple for me. However, I generally only wear mascara, which I can easily remove from both eyes with one pad. If I happen to have eyeshadow on, it'll take two pads. I just recently discovered that you can use them to remove lipstains, which I was excited about, having put on one to try out, only to discover it was hideous, and thinking I wouldn't be able to leave the house until it faded!

The pads are very thin, so you have to be careful that you aren't grabbing two at once. They work well for me with no tugging at all.

I could imagine that if you wear heavier and/or waterproof eye stuff, these might not be the best choice. But otherwise, I find them super easy, fast, and convenient. The CVS version does work just as well and is much cheaper, so I grab those when I can.

on 10/10/2013 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

About me: I am a contact lens wearer and I have very sensitive eyes to makeup and skincare products around my eyes. My eyes and the skin around is very dry.

Pros
-Large Amount of Product (80 count)
-Cheap
-Gentle
-Good for removing light amts of makeup
-Great for Travel
-Oil free for those who are acne prone or have sensitive skin to certain oils
-no greasy residue after removal

Cons
-Pads are small and thin
-If you want them to remove anything you have to have them sit on top of your eye for awhile
-They stung and burned my eyes. I would end up having to take my contacts out after I use these. However, I have sensitive eyes, so if you do not then these might not bother you.
-Do not remover all of your makeup unless you are a light makeup wearer
-Will not remover waterproof mascara
-smell very chemically

On a daily basis i like to wear winged eyeliner, eye shadow, tightline and a very heavy mascara (like benefit their real), so this does not work for me on most days of the week. I found you had to sit it on top of your eye for a good minute before it would remove any makeup. It would remove my eye shadow but none of my mascara or liquid eyeliner. However, 2 days a week I have clinical for nursing school and I only wear mascara on my eyes very lightly because I have to wake up at 5 in the morning and I don't want to spend extra time with my MU on those days. Therefore, when I get home, they are wonderful on removing mascara that looks natural and when I only have one coat of it on. If that is you on a daily basis, then this might be the MU remover for you. If you love to wear different looks with heavy eye makeup and eyeliner, then this is not for you. Also, if you have sensitive eyes, I would stay away. I have a couple of more jars of this to use up and to use them up I will use them on my hospital days 2 times a week and I will make sure to take out my contacts before hand. After I use up the other containers, I will update on if I still feel the same. I waited until I used up one 80 count jar/container before writing this review.

Update 10/27/2013: I still feel the same about this after using up another container of this. I still have one container left and I have started using it as cleansing wipes for my face since I have noticed it burns my eyes more than usual lately

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

OUCH! These are terrible. Burning, stinging, leave my eyes a red mess. If you use more than one and let them sit on eye area the makeup does eventually dissolve, but never easily and never fully. I still have to use oils and cleansers to clean up after. Overall these are a huge MISS for me, irritating and do more harm than good. 5-10 minutes fighting with these stingers to get my eyes ready for bed? no thanks.