August 1, 2014 | 1743 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Coral Crepe

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I truly wanted to love this as I am a coral/orange fiend! I just can't work it in eyeshadow wise as easily as I was anticipating. I was expecting it to be workable like Perky PP but I don't reach for this ever. Color is great, texture is great, just NOT in love with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Jen72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color! I had a makeover years ago at MAC, and the artist used 'Portraiture", a creme in a tube, that was very close to CC that looked great, but was discontinued. I've used Expensive Pink, which has been the closest that I have found as a replacement until now. I have green/brown eyes, and use CC with dark grey liquid line on top eyelid and looks great and get compliments all of the time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I missed out on this entire collection! But I was lucky enough to have a generous girl on LJ sell me a great deal of MAC items as a lot, and this was included! Tried this one on today right after I used my Too Faced Shadow Insurance, just for extra staying power. I did a brown smokey eye with Coco Beach, Moth Brown and Ricepaper. Coral Crepe was a great base for my browns, I think that is what I'll mainly use it for because alone, it makes me look a little sick or tired, don't want that look! You really have to put this on quickly otherwise it'll dry up and you'll have to use more !So try to play this one up. you'll get a million uses with this! It would take me years to finish this, maybe sell half of your jar with a friend or split :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by knh86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I heard people rave about this product and spent a lot of time looking for this (back in the spring). It wasn't worth it. I have tan, olive toned skin (don't know my MAC shade, sorry) and dark brown eyes. On it's own, this makes me look... scary is the best way I can describe it. I have to use a shadow over this to mellow out the redness. I looks like I've been crying a lot or something. I wanted to love this product, as it would be a great swipe it on and go product, but not for me :( This was also my first paint pot by MAC and I am somewhat disappointed. It's a lot harder and dryer in consistency than I thought it would be. I've only used it twice and am considering swapping it so let me know if your interested. I could see how some people love this, but it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love my paint pots - and this is no exception! The color is a beautiful true coral that is so flattering on the eyes alone! But...I love to pair it with Paradisco Eyeshadow an a hint of brown in the outer corners for a fresh faces look. I have never had this crease on me and it looks as good at 9pm as it did at 9am.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know there are others who have tried this and did not like it because I feel like the minority that doesnt love it. I have yellow undertones and this color just doesnt really show for me on its own. My eyes don't pop like others claim but then again I dont have light blue or green eyes. I also believe this color is extremely close in color range to their e/s coppering which I hardly see anyone like on here, yet everyone swears by this paint pot. The reason why I wanted this was because of coppering and wanting to wear primer underneath other than soft ochre with it. Well let me tell you thats a no no. Their too similar and my eyes looked too peachy and red- bleh! Think I'll pass. Up for swaps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I actually found this really hard to find, and when I did finally find a place where it wasn't sold out, I bought three because I knew it was going to be a colour that I'd love, and if I couldn't find it again I would be gutted.

The only thing I don't like about it is that when applied with fingers, it can appear a little patchy. I actually used a concealer brush to apply this as I find it easier. But overall, I really do like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Sonicboomer11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this product on a whim because I heard so many people raving about it. I tried it on once at the counter, and bought it two minutes later.

There is definitely a reason this is sold out in so many places!
This color really does work on everyone, and you will not be disappointed. My favorite thing to do is to use this as a base, lightly put "Woodwinked" on the outer half of the lid, and darken up the crease with "Sweet Eyes", which unfortunately is a SE color in a palette.

There is so much you can do with this color!
I have Medium skin tone (NC30) and have used it on fairer friends, and it looks fabulous on everyone.
Seriously, if you can find it. Buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by NLovesMakeup01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product at a MAC counter and I was surprised to see that I got the last one! I thought to myself "Wow, this must be a really good paint pot". I was really excited to try it because it was a nice coral color. When I swatched it, it was gorgeous!
The first time I tried it, it looked a little bit red on my eye lids. After I blended it, it looked like a faded reddish coral. Kind of what I expected. I used this to create a mauve look and it really helped pop out some color!

Definitely a really good paint pot!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Howardsgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one lovely Paint Pot, i wear mine with Expensive Pink over the top and Bronze in the outer v crease. Brilliant. Shame it was LE.