December 19, 2014 | 1509 users online

BB Cream - BRTC - Jasmine Water BB Cream SPF 30 PA++

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by MoMoAnn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I would prefer applying this BB cream with the sponge, it blended well into the face than doing it with the fingers.

The coverage of the BB cream is okay, but if you are having big red pimples and deep dark circles on that very day. You will need to conceal it.

It leaves a clear hydrated look on the face after applying it, but at the end of the day, it looks different. The face look oily and fade (fade – not sure of the correct word to use. It looks like you got yourself caught in the rain).

I do not really like the jasmine smell, as I find it abit too strong. I also find it hard to remove even using the makeup remover wipes and makeup remover cleanser. I can feel the BB cream is still there after using these and washing the face with facial wash. It does make me breakup the next day but not much, most of the time is on the forehead.

I will not be purchasing it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Sooji13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My face broke out everywhere after using this. When you first apply it on your face, it looks and feels great. By the end of the day, my face was covered with small white, flaky patches and looked completely unnatural. By the next day, my face had small red splotches everywhere. I have used several other BB creams from Korea and never had this reaction!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by KitKatKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

PRO'S:

- Nice Jasmine fragrance which isn't too overpowering.
- Colour is a decent match for my skin. I'm a neutral NC20 and expected this to be much paler, considering how white some reviewers said it is...but it blends into my skintone well, leaving it looking brighter but not ghastly pale. I think it's pretty neutral leaning slightly pink.

CON'S:

- Expensive, especially considering the bottle seems only about 1/4 full when you buy it!
- Lasting power is not great. I notice it seems to have faded after a couple of hours. Strange seeing as all my other BB creams and foundations stay on all day even without powder.
- Coverage isn't good. I have decent skin (not really any breakouts but uneven skintone and some redness)...it hardly evens out my skintone and redness still shows through even with two layers.
- I have dry skin. This BB cream highlights flakes and makes my skin look rather dry even when I've moisturized well. Not a hydrating formula for me at all and certainly doesn't leave a dewy finish...very matte on me.
- Claims to have SPF 30 but doesn't have a PA rating like all other Asian BB creams do, which makes me suspect that it isn't good broadspectrum protection.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by phungdo

After a few months (from mid winter and all of spring) of using this, and trying other brands of BB cream, I think I know enough to write this review. It looks ok when first applied, however, I don't know how they do it, but after a few hours of wearing this the oily parts of my skin look oilier, and the dry parts look drier. Coverage is light to medium, the jasmine scent is lovely. But because of the facts that it makes combo skin look "more combo" while other BB creams I've tried didn't, and the price is not cheap either, I'll definitely not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is advertised as providing both moisture replenishment and oil control.. I need moisture, not oil control, but I didn't find this very moisturising at all. It highlighted dry patches pretty bad and made my skin look flaky and dry. This does have a nice whitening/brightening effect if you are into that, but it almost looked a little pasty on me. The smell is really nice, I love jasmine tea! The finish is slightly sticky, but a lot of BB creams and foundations are like that. It is easier to blend then some other BB creams, such as the BRTC gold caviar. Lasting power was decent, not amazing. I can't speak for oil control at all as I have really dry skin. I didn't really like the product but I didn't hate it either, it isn't bad. It might work better on someone else who has less dry skin. I ended up giving it to my sister however she found it quite drying too. If you have dry skin I recommend the gold caviar one instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Gemr

I really tried to like this product. However, it just didn't look good at the end of the day.

Pros:
-On application the product is good, brightens up your skin tone alot
-Very good coverage

Cons:
-Very unatural powdery matte look, at the end of the day it looks like you have random specs of power all over your face, like you are wearing grainy cake
-White/grey undertone which oxidises at the end of the day
-Can be a bit drying.

I really tried to like the product but from application it was just all downhill from there.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2012 5:35:00 AM More reviews by yuenloklok

I hate this stuff because it kept breaking me out.

It also won't stay put for more than an hour. However, this could be due to my oily and acne-prone skin. Still, I was so disappointed because this product received raves nearly everywhere.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I obtained several sample packets of this BB cream via eBay intending to purchase the full size if these sample packets worked out for me. I love that this BB cream is comfortably moisturizing when applied. It also has good broad-spectrum sun protection so I can skip on the extra step of applying a separate sun block. The staying power of this BB cream is also impressive; without powder, this will stick for 6 hours, and with powder this will last me 8–9 hours, a blot or two in between on both occasions.

While the staying power, SPF, and moisturizing factors are note-worthy of this BB cream, for me personally it did not work out for two reasons. This BB cream unfortunately only comes in one shade intended for fair skin tones with pink/cool to neutral undertones. If you have tried Missha's M Perfect Cover BB Cream, this is probably similar to shade No.21. I have light-medium skin in the neutral/yellow undertone, so the BRTC BB made me look sick and ghostly if I wore it by itself without blush or bronzer. Additionally, the finish is rather on the dewy side, which I could tone down easily with a matte powder but ideally I would like to minimize my makeup routine. The dewy finish on my already combo-oily skin was not needed.

I really wanted to love this BB cream but the single shade and dewy finish made me look sick and a little sweaty, so I will not be purchasing the full product anymore. However, I do recommend this for those who have fair, cool-undertone, and dry skin who could use a healthy, dewy glow. This BB comes in a 35g tube for roughly US$20, and a 60g tube for roughly US$30 so it's a little steep for a BB cream but the skin care benefits are good as far as I'm concerned; I just wish that the skin tone and types could have been broader.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by pdu2503

This is one of my top three bb creams after having tried a dozen or so. I love the light jasmine scent and the beautiful finish. My only gripe with this is having to use powder to set it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by elyuu19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this BB cream. I love its texture that gives my skin smooth yet moisturized look. I also love its pale pinkish color, suitable for my skin tone. It is very similar to Etude House Sheer Silky Skin but it feels more nutritive for the skin, so I will definitely buy it in full size. At first it feels like it is not blendable enough because of its creamy texture, but once you get used to it other types of BB creams feel slightly cheap on your face (too thin and not nutritive, just like ordinary foundations). Coverage is great and it lasts all day long. Even if you are travelling etc. it doesn't leave a greasy layer on your skin. Although intended for dry skin, it is suitable for combination/oily skin as well although T-zone may need blotting in that case.