October 24, 2014 | 1625 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick in a Tube Mattifying Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by turquoise89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i got a deluxe sample of it, and i think it's one of the best primer i've tried : doesnt break me out, hide my pores and good oil control..

it can be use before and after foundation too ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by nhuthao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the longest lasting mattifier I've found to date. It doesn't last on me ALL day, but it's lasted longer than everything else. It is also great for reducing makeup separation. Whenever I wear this, I see less oil on my face and I have to blot less throughout the day. When I do have to blot, after doing so my makeup looks completely fresh like I just applied it.

I don't have any of the application problems that other people have experienced. Once in a while, I'll apply it and it'll feel tight. That's because my skin is too dry and won't absorb the product. If this happens just go over the tight areas with a moisturizer, or mist your face with a spray.

This little tube is pretty small, however I use a pretty small amount every day (less than I've used for other primers), therefore I think this will last pretty long!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Manda7focus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has truly been the only product that has kept my oil away the longest. I have very only skin and have tried a million in one products most of them higher end, since I work for a cosmetics retailer I have access to many, and this is the one that has worked best for me. It feels sort of like a paste, and when it dries on the skin it feels kind of tight, but its totally worth it! I used to have to blot and powder my face every 2-3 hours, but with this product, I can go like 6hrs! Love this! It is truly my holy grail!
Also: I use Benefit's Pore-Fessional primer on top. Foundation glides on like a dream <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by pikacharma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

A'ight, here's how I work this stuff:

Step 1: Moisturizer, wait for it to soak in

Step 2: Urban Decay All-Nighter makeup setting spray, wait for it to dry

Step 3: De-Slick gel (rub it in! Letting it just sit on top of your skin IME is where you get issues with your foundation going on unevenly or looking weird as the day goes on)

Step 4: Foundation, makeup as usual, tra la la

Optional Step 5: All-Nighter spray again (This is just personal preference. Spraying this on top of mineral foundation can make it look weird, but it's generally fine on top of liquid foundation or liquid set with powder...just play around with it.)

I've had excellent luck with this stuff, but the two key elements seem to be rubbing it in as opposed to letting it just sit on top of your skin, and combining it with All Nighter as opposed to using it as a stand-alone primer. It DOES work as a stand-alone, and All Nighter works as a stand alone too, but IME they've got a majorly synergetic effect when used together. Also, I've had major issues when trying to use this in conjunction with primers that have a similar texture to Smashbox Photo Finish, Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, and other such things in that general family - IDK what it is that causes the clash, but this stuff will definitely fight other primers and primer-like moisturizers for their turf, and the result is a streaky, peeling mess - even if the other primer is normally great on its own! So watch out for this as well.

In a nutshell - great product, but it's definitely one of the more stubborn, bossy kids on the makeup playground - it's gotta get its way, and sometimes it just doesn't play well with others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I was a huge fan of Smashbox antishine which is now discontinued so I bought this after hearing it is pretty much exactly the same. It is the same imo just in a smaller purple tube. Works great to minimize oil and shine. I use it on my t-zone under my makeup daily and have had no breakouts or other issues, I still get a bit oily throughout the day but it's much better than when I don't use this product. I only have to blot once or twice when I use this and if I want to I can reapply it lightly over my makeup and it works well. Would repurchase.

EDIT - Looks like this has been discontinued as well. Okay so if you are looking for a strong antishine product that contains the same mattifying ingredient as this and smashbox antishine try out Becca ever matte poreless perfecting primer. The ingredient in all three that mattifies is Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. Hope that helps any of you extremely oily girls who are looking for a replacement product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

This stuff is horrible underneath makeup!!! I have purchased this a couple times and it's fantastic only without makeup and used alone.. I have returned the second tube because it just makes my foundation look horrible, uneven, and cakey...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Received a sample of this several months ago, tried it a few times as a primer under my foundation, found it did nothing & discounted it. Luckily I didn't throw it out... I found it again recently & read the reviews on here regarding applying it on top of makeup. That is definintely the trick! I was worried about applying it & messing up my foundation but it's easy to just take a tiny bit & pat it on with your fingertips over your oily areas. I am normally oily on my forehead & t-zone only 2-3 hours after applying makeup in the morning. But using this product today I am at 4+ hours with no oil, just a tiny bit of shine, which is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by edamameb

I got this product as a sample from sephora. After I used it a couple of times I went back and bought 2 tubes of the full sized version. This stuff is holy grail. Truly.

First of all, do not use it as a base. You could, I didn't find it made any difference to my face though. It will help if you don't usually wear make up and just use it to mattify your T-zone, but the magic is when you use it over make up.

As a previous reviewer noted, you shouldn't apply it immediately after you've done your make up. As the name suggests (de-slick), you should wait until you see an oil sheen on your face before taking a small sized amount and dabbing it on. This will mattify your face and make your makeup look super fresh without having to use compact powder etc.

It's one of those products you should carry with you in your bag at all times, not something that you apply in the morning and forget about. I have seborrhea, which is basically very oily skin. I find that by dabbing this on once every 3-4 hours it keeps my make up looking very fresh. Only dab it where you need it and you'll find that this product works wonders. Also, although the price is insane, a little goes a long way and a full sized tube will last you forever.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by jtenopir88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really didn't notice a difference with or without this primer. I didn't notice any oil control, after a few hours, or any acne flare ups. So I'm gonna give this 1 lippie for the fact that it didn't do anything and for the fact that this is really thick stuff and you have to work really quickly to blend it into your skin. Plus for the money you pay for this, there is better out there...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by esssyyy

Really really hoped this would work. It broke me out after using it for about 2 weeks, it made make-up that I applied on top harder to blend, and it made me less oily but only for maybe an hour longer than I would normally be oily. It's still sitting in my make-up bag so maybe I'll try it again at some point. I'm using Bare Minerals Prime Time Oil Control right now, and it seems to be working better......