July 31, 2014 | 1278 users online

Eye Primer - Palladio - Herbal Eyeshadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by nailtrip

I just stumbled across this one day at my local beauty supply store and figured I would give it a try considering I never tried this brand before and I'm always looking for a great primer and this is it.It good on a neutral color so a good base for most shadows and it holds on my lids all day which is fab because my lids are oily and mostly every shadow will crease w/o primer.I get a good 8 hours or more out of this, which for me is really good.I tried many brands and this is the one I keep repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by xsaraboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this eye primer. I would say that it is very comparable to Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Palladio products (this primer included) can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply or on the Palladio website. This consistency of the two are extremely similar, and they also function the same way. It is very creamy, and after blended out is very silky. My eyeshadow lasts all day with this primer, with minimal to no smudging. The only bad thing is the packaging. It comes with a doe foot applicator, very similar to a lip gloss so it can be difficult to get all the product out. However, this is a very good low cost alternative to TFSI.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer will stand up to any high end primer. Compare and give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

This is a really great primer from the DS. The formula/texture is unlike any other primer I've tried before. A bit 'gummy' I guess, but not sticky or hard to blend out at all. Goes on nicely and blends/dries beautifully. Shadows just glide on over top and cream shadows stay put as well.

I do find the product hard to get out of the tube since the formula is a bit on the dry/gummy side.

Also, I have sensitive eyes and wear contacts and this has never gooped up my contacts like other primers will.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

This product is not worth the money in my opinion. It dries out really fast, it's hard to get out of the container and it's mediocre in terms of making the shadows stay. I am very disappointed in the product because it seemed to get dry or run out... I'm not even sure what the case is--very quick! I'm talking within about two weeks of purchasing it! I have to pump the wand just to get product out!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my go to eye shadow primer until I tried Too Face Shadow Insurance which is worth the extra $$ in my opinion, but this is a great product, I rotate this between my Too Faced and Elf eye shadow primers. You can view swatches on my blog. Great product, no complaints, makes my shadow more vibrant and keeps it in place all day!

View swatches here -

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by SammiXo

I am on my second tube of this stuff and I love it. It goes on so sheer and keeps my shadows looking so nice throughout the day, even if I work out it helps keep them stay put. I have never had a problem with creasing when wearing this primer and I usually do my makeup at about 8 in the morning and don't get home till about 9 or 10 at night and my eye makeup still looks just as good. I don't really care for the packaging as much I would prefer a squeeze tube so I know I'm getting all the product out but other then that I love this stuff and as long as Palladio keeps making It I will keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

A hidden gem no one ever talks about. This primer is very creamy, similar in texture to TFSS, but works 100% better (TFSS creases like crazy on me). Skin toned, blends out clear. Keeps my shadow on, zero creasing, nice and bright all day. I have oily skin and live in a very hot and humid climate. I also use it as a primer for my under eye concealer, and it does amazing... lasts longer, applies more smoothly, no creasing. It does come in a tube with a doefoot applicator, the only fault I can find with it. Retails for $7 at Sally Beauty Supply, or available online.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:52:00 AM More reviews by iluvbeanz2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is not the best primer I have ever used, but it is okay. There is definitely a flaw with either the packaging, the formula or both. I can't quite put my finger on it. The product is quite thick, and comes off opaque and somewhat greasy when you blend it out. I don't feel like it dries incredibly fast or anything like that, I would say it dries at an average rate. As far as the performance of the product, I would say it works fairly good. My eye shadows don't crease, it does bring out the true pigment of the shadows, and the shadows will last throughout most of the day with this primer. The big con with this product for me was the application, trying to get it out of the tube. I had to kind of bang my tube against the counter and then use the wand to scrape out the product. And this was only after using it several times! It wasn't like it was almost running out, it was practically new. I really wish they would make the tubes of primer clear so that way you know exactly how much you have left instead of going through painstaking measures to get the damn stuff out of the tube. Like I said, I don't know if the packaging is the issue or the thick formula but I wouldn't buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by ahagen2010

I love this product it works as good as my primer potion and shadow insurance but for half the price...good stuff to keep my eye makeup from creasing and greasing!