November 23, 2014 | 1730 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Urban Decay - Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Halo) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the bodyguard shade. This product has a good texture and the color is fine. Yet it's a bit dark for me. Plus it makes my skin really oily most of the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by NikkiDagger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm C5/NC42 and Forcefield is too dark for me. Should suit NC45+ skin.

I apply this in sections with my fingers. I really like the coverage. It doesn't cover everything, of course, but it does cover redness & faint acne scarring/hyperpigmentation. I think that this would be great for someone with normal to slightly dry skin. Because, I have a VERY oily t-zone and even though I set it with powder and then used a setting spray, I had to blot frequently throughout the day. I wore it for at least 6 hours without a base or primer. It didn't oxidize and faded a bit, but that's probably due to my oiliness. I purchased mine from ebay (in the pump, which I don't have a problem with) and I'd consider purchasing another (in Bulletproof) if I found one at a reduced price.

EDIT: Bulletproof is a prefect match.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by angelswing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this on sale so it was really cheap. This is a tinted moisturizer that feels like mousse. I am using the Bodyguard. It seems like it matches with my skin tone. Oh, well, it is just a tinted moisturizer, I guess the color doesn't matter that much. It can be off a little. It covers my pores well but can't cover acne marks and redness. Also, it is not moisturizng enough if using alone. I usually use this as a foundation to cover my pores. Then I conceal redness and acne scar with a concealer.

Pro: feels like mousse, not heavy, can cover up my pores
    Con: not moisturizing if using alone, can't cover redness and acne scars

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Poisonous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm trying to move away from Korean BB cream since I find them too white for my skin. Having used Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer before and loved it, I'm trying to find a slightly cheaper alternative to it.
    Colour matching: will be great in the summer, at the moment it's making my face look darker than my neck. I do like the yellow undertone though
    Staying power: typical for a tinted moisturizer, don't expect it to sit perfectly on your face all day.
    Shine control: not good. I have combination skin and it's early spring, this still leaves my t-zone shiny after about 4 hours. Blotting paper is essential
    Blendability: terrible. I tried it with a foundation brush, tried it with my fingers, just can't seem to get rid of the streaks around my nose and forehead. So end up having to almost wiping half of it off.
    bottom line, will not re-purchase. probably will go back to LM, you get what you pay for and that's a fact.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by PinkGrapefruit14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first tinted moisturizer that I've ever tried and I wasn't overjoyed or disappointed. I purchased it for a dirt cheap price on HauteLook ($3). I got the darkest shade, which I think is Forcefield. The consistency of the product is quite thick. I put it on in place of my daily moisturizer and then I set with a powder. Forcefield isn't an exact match for me (it's a teeny bit light and not yellow enough), but with my powder, it works. I like using it on the weekends when I'm just running errands and I don't feel like putting on foundation. It's decent. I feel like it left my skin a bit oily however. I'm going to try putting on a light layer of my normal daily moisturizer then the tinted moisturizer on top. Maybe, I can get a more even application that way. Overall, not terrible, not great, just so-so. I probably won't repurchase. I only repurchase things that "wow" me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I want to begin by saying I'd give this product a 3.5 if I could. This tinted moisturizer has it's strengths, but it also has a lot of weaknesses. I bought several drugstore tinted moisturizers over the summer, but I wanted to try out a high-end one when I was finally able to get to a Sephora. I don't know why I ended up choosing this one, but I did. The packaging is pretty cute, and I liked that it was in a tube. When I started using this over the summer, the shade Bulletproof matched my skin pretty well -- not perfectly, but it looked fine. However, as my tan began to fade, this started looking more and more orange on me. I usually find that I can use foundations throughout the year without the color being too noticeably off, but that is not the case with this one. As soon as it fully sets into my skin (maybe 3-5 minutes), my face has a very orange tinge to it. Because of this, I cannot this tinted moisturizer alone. I've been wearing a setting powder over it which gets rid of the orangeness, but it's not always a step I feel like adding in the morning, so it can be a pain.
    As I just stated, I'm not the biggest fan of setting powders. I feel like a good foundation should be flawless on it's own and not need a powder on top. But Urban Defense requires a setting powder not only to combat the orange hue it gives off, but also because this made my face so oily! I have combination skin, but very few products have ever made my skin look as oily as this one did. Without using a setting powder, my face will be horrendously shiny within 4 hours of application. But with a setting powder, it looks fine.
    Another issue I had with this was application. I prefer applying tinted moisturizers with my fingers, and most that I have tried apply this way very easily, just like applying a facial lotion. Urban Defense has a thicker, almost paste-like texture that is difficult to blend out no matter what you use. The formula also starts to really sink into the skin quickly, which makes it even more difficult to blend flawlessly. I usually apply this the best I can all over my face, and once it is fully settled, I'll notice dark orange streaks running across my face. I then blend those out (although it is harder since they are dried) before applying my powder.
    The coverage this provides is decent for a tinted moisturizer. I still use a concealer over trouble spots, but this covers up most redness and discoloration. This product also lasts all day without fading, transferring, or just "melting" off like some foundations.
    Overall, this isn't a terrible product. It takes some getting used to, and you definitely need to use a setting powder with it, but in the end it does it's job. I'm going to use up my tube, but I'll be looking for a better tinted moisturizer in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by knganderson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good product. Not a lot of coverage, but then it is a tinted moisturizer. Love that sunscreen is included. Halo is perfect for me--matches my skintone really well, then when it oxidizes a little gives me just a little bit of a tan, but doesn't make me orange. I have the old packaging, and the pump sucks. NOT because of how much product is dispensed, but because every time I take it on a plane, product is pushed out of the pump. EVERY TIME. The new packaging looks much improved, and I'll definitely buy that once I'm done with the one I have now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by LilacBubbles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this, I would love it if it were a thinner texture. It reminds me of MAC Face and Body but is like a paste rather then a thin liquid. It was kinda hard to apply it without a brush. Other then that I think it's a really nice tinted moisturizer. I got Bulletproof for my medium tan golden skin and it matched perfect. I would say its equal to C4 in Face and Body or NC37ish. I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by nikki6649

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got Bulletproof and I LOVE it! I feel like this is the first tinted moisturizer where I can actually see a difference! It just brightens up my skin and covers very lightly--which is all I need! And it moisturizes nicely too. Kinda expensive, but I've already wasted money on other tinted moisturizers, so for me it's a good price to pay for a product that I know will work for me. Plus there are always sales I can hold out for :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the old version one, but my little sister advised me not to get it because of my oily skin. Determined and stubborn I still went ahead and got it. The color is yellowed toned and very moisturizing. I have to be careful with the pump but otherwise I love it.