April 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Pixi - Flawless and Poreless Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by littleann818

I got this primer in my IPSY/my glam bag and was excited to try it out! This primer feels like a light moisturizer and when applied doesn't give you that "silicone" base feeling. Actually I prefer not to have the silicone base (this is where your primer feels ultra smooth and slippery--I don't like this as much because I just feel like my face is covered in chemicals!)..so if you're one that doesn't like that feeling either, you will like this primer.

The primer itself feels pretty lightweight and natural on the face. However, aside from a slight different in the smoothness of application of my bb cream...I didn't notice a HUGE difference. The only thing I do like is that around my pore-ous areas (nose, and around my cheeks)...I notice a difference with using the primer and when without. This primer definitely helps to minimize your pores and smooth out those areas to help your foundation/bb cream/concealer to go on flawless.

Overall I do like this primer over any other silicone base primer and might consider repurchasing this again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this in my Ipsy glam bag subscription.

There is a little color into the primer but when rubbed in the skin, it does not show. I don't really know what to think about this product. I does not do what every other primer that I have used do, wich is make my skin feeling really soft and firm in the same time, however I feel it's almost like an hydrating cream that I add on top of my moisturizing, wich is really good for my because I have really dry skin. While using this product, I didn't have any dry patches and my skin didn't felt tight.

Overall, I like this product but nothing amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This primer is very good. It makes my foundation last longer, but it still does fade. It makes foundation and concealer application a lot smoother and natural looking and helps it not sink into pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Target on a whim and I am so glad that I did! I really like it. It makes my skin feel really nice, and ready for foundation. It minimizes the size of my pores and helps my foundation go on smoothly and keeps me from getting super oily through out the day. I like this way better then MAC's Prep + Prime which is what I was using before. They're both $29 and with Pixi's practical packaging, I can squeeze out every bit of product and get my money's worth. I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Dekilah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in my Ipsy Glam Bag and I was pretty excited because I had been wanting to try something by Pixi. I have combination skin, but it is fairly easy to deal with and I really do not have issues with my foundation. On the whole, it did not really do what I think it is marketed to do, but I did find a nice use for it which I will mention at the end. But first I want to talk about using it as a primer in general.

There is a very light tint to it, but once I spread it out and gently rubbed it in, I could not tell it was there. It really did not do much. It kind of made my skin a bit different, but it did not help with the foundation settling into my laugh lines or anything like that. At the end of the days I used it, my make-up looked exactly like it does without the primer. Granted, I had the same results when using another primer so maybe my foundation just does not work with primer or I just do not need it.

Now, I did find a use for it yesterday: sometimes I use a concealer as a foundation and if I apply this primer first I can use even less of the concealer and still get pretty full coverage. I think I probably used half as much concealer, but got 80%+ of the coverage. It just seemed to help the concealer glide on better. Not really worth buying it again for that since I have others, but at least a good use for it while I have it.

It is also quite pricey and there are other primers that do the same job for much, much less.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by violetkat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this in an Ipsy glam bag subscription.

The primer isn't clear like a lot of primers are, it is a slightly tinted color but it looked fine on my skin. I usually wear a buff/beige foundation color.

Unfortunately, I didn't really like it. It took more of the product to cover my face than I use with other primers and I don't think the staying power was anything special. I'll probably use it up and just throw it in with my travel stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I received this as a part of my Ipsy bag and I am not impressed. I don't normally have oily skin, but I like to use a primer to keep my makeup from settling in my pores on my nose and cheeks. My go-to primer is from Too Faced but I decided to give the Pixie a try. I noticed that after about 2 hours my face is oily and I have to use blotting paper. After 4-5 hours my face looks like a greasy mess and my makeup is sliding off. I thought the purpose of a primer is to hold makeup in place. Ick. I definately won't be purchasing this one. I'm glad it was only a sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by arielyn211

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I turned fifty a few weeks ago, I had a mini crisis and went on a beauty buying spree. For the most part, I had a list of HG "stock up products", but I was still on a quest to find a good primer. I decided to buy a few and have tried them over the last three COLD weeks in Pittsburgh. The first, BE's primer, dried me out like crazy. After two days, away it went into the nether world of my junk makeup drawer. Second up was Laura Mercier's Hydrating Primer. By the end of the third day, my makeup was sliding off my face in spite of my attempts at extra mineral veil and finishing spray. My third try was Pixi via a sample I received in my ipsy bag. I LOVE THIS PRIMER! The pores on my nose are minimized, my makeup stays on all day, and I haven't noticed any oiliness or dryness as a result of using it. I did, finally, give Smasbox's Photo Finish a shot, but after one application I was right back to the Pixi. I am shocked at the number of mixed reviews for this primer, but I suppose that's the nature of the beast! It's a tinted primer with a semi thick consistency that goes on sheer, evens my skin texture and tone and leaves my with a great, glowing base to build my makeup on. For me, this is a must have!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by LFreddie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Makes face feel oily and makeup slide off.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by jmb6095

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried a free sample of this primer. I liked how much it brightened my complexion, and I even wore it alone without foundation. What ruined it for me was the oiliness of the product. My face felt so greasy and disgusting after using it. Makes me sad!