September 23, 2014 | 969 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Pixi - Flawless and Poreless Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by B3AUTyxEX0TiC

I'm so glad this primer found its way to me. I got this as a sample and I relished every bit of it! If you're looking for glowing skin for the summer, you will love this.

I wore this for an outdoor music festival in hot, sweaty weather and by the end of the night, my skin was still flawless! You don't need a luminizer for this at all. It is shimmery, light and gorgeous. I've had the Tarina Tarantino primer for years and it isn't as better as this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pixi calls their Flawless&Poreless Primer a "miracle in a tube that smooths out fine lines and hydrates while making pores instantly disappear. Primer creates a seamless, silky canvas with a beautiful no shine, cashmere finish. The formula's skin loving ingredients clear and unblock pores to allow for utterly flawless, long lasting makeup application. It is the perfect skin primer for all complexions and all skin types. Pore minimizing, shine controlling, hydrating, oil free, hypoallergenic." Pixi's Flawless&Poreless primer contains beneficial ingredients like Willow Bark for natural shine control, Salicylic Acid to clear and unblock pores, Shea Butter to nourish the skin, Titanium Dioxide to protect skin's surface, and Enantia Chlorantha Bark for medicinal and anti-viral properties. I received a 15ml (.5 fl oz) sample of this primer in my March Ipsy Bag. The full size contains 30ml (1 fl oz) and retails for $29. Pixi Beauty, a brand created by makeup artist Petra Strand, is based in the UK. In America, the products are exclusively available at Target and the brand's website. Pixi is a cruelty free brand. The Flawless&Poreless Primer is made in America.
Pixi's Flawless&Poreless Primer comes in the brand's signature light green squeeze tube. The front of the tube features the product name and Pixi logo, printed in brown lettering. The back of the tube offers a product description and full ingredient list. I believe the full sized packaging is quite similar.
Pixi's Flawless&Poreless Primer is a huge upgrade from the Flawless Beauty Primer I tried last year. This primer is a creamy light beige that blends away to a translucent finish. This primer gives the slightest glowy sheen to the skin. Despite the mild sheen, Pixi's primer give a mattified feel to the skin. The Flawless&Poreless primer really evens out the texture of the skin, it smooths over minor imperfections and blurs the look of pores, all while evening out my skin tone. This primer makes my skin look pretty good even without foundation over it. Pixi's Flawless&Poreless primer is an excellent base for foundation, it makes application super smooth, and it promotes blendability. I don't feel like this primer prolongs foundation wear at all, but that's ok, this primer does enough on it's own.
I like Pixi's Flawless&Poreless Primer way more than I expected! This primer provides a healthy glow and an even tone and texture. Honestly, I like wearing Flawless&Poreless on it's own. I feel like this primer is similar to Benefit's That Gal Brightening Primer, a product that I love. They sell for the exact same primer, and shockingly, if I had to choose one to buy full size, I'd go for Pixi's primer. If you want a primer to improve the look of your skin with out without other makeup, Pixi's Flawless&Poreless primer is a great but pricey option. I'll consider purchasing a full size of this primer, but I'm a primer junkie, always trying samples, so I may not need to for quite a while.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I rec'd this in an IPSY bag and quite honestly it's just OK. Nothing special, but better than the one I was using previously. After I use this up I'm going to try Porefessional by Benefit.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by saraht2890

I have tried so many primers on the market both drugstore and high end and nothing compares to the Pixi primer. It applies so smoothly to my skin and leaves it feeling super moisturized. And my foundation applies smoothly and lasts all day! Will definitely continue to repurchase this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by littleann818

I got this primer in my IPSY/my glam bag and was excited to try it out! This primer feels like a light moisturizer and when applied doesn't give you that "silicone" base feeling. Actually I prefer not to have the silicone base (this is where your primer feels ultra smooth and slippery--I don't like this as much because I just feel like my face is covered in chemicals!)..so if you're one that doesn't like that feeling either, you will like this primer.

The primer itself feels pretty lightweight and natural on the face. However, aside from a slight different in the smoothness of application of my bb cream...I didn't notice a HUGE difference. The only thing I do like is that around my pore-ous areas (nose, and around my cheeks)...I notice a difference with using the primer and when without. This primer definitely helps to minimize your pores and smooth out those areas to help your foundation/bb cream/concealer to go on flawless.

Overall I do like this primer over any other silicone base primer and might consider repurchasing this again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this in my Ipsy glam bag subscription.

There is a little color into the primer but when rubbed in the skin, it does not show. I don't really know what to think about this product. I does not do what every other primer that I have used do, wich is make my skin feeling really soft and firm in the same time, however I feel it's almost like an hydrating cream that I add on top of my moisturizing, wich is really good for my because I have really dry skin. While using this product, I didn't have any dry patches and my skin didn't felt tight.

Overall, I like this product but nothing amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This primer is very good. It makes my foundation last longer, but it still does fade. It makes foundation and concealer application a lot smoother and natural looking and helps it not sink into pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Target on a whim and I am so glad that I did! I really like it. It makes my skin feel really nice, and ready for foundation. It minimizes the size of my pores and helps my foundation go on smoothly and keeps me from getting super oily through out the day. I like this way better then MAC's Prep + Prime which is what I was using before. They're both $29 and with Pixi's practical packaging, I can squeeze out every bit of product and get my money's worth. I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Dekilah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in my Ipsy Glam Bag and I was pretty excited because I had been wanting to try something by Pixi. I have combination skin, but it is fairly easy to deal with and I really do not have issues with my foundation. On the whole, it did not really do what I think it is marketed to do, but I did find a nice use for it which I will mention at the end. But first I want to talk about using it as a primer in general.

There is a very light tint to it, but once I spread it out and gently rubbed it in, I could not tell it was there. It really did not do much. It kind of made my skin a bit different, but it did not help with the foundation settling into my laugh lines or anything like that. At the end of the days I used it, my make-up looked exactly like it does without the primer. Granted, I had the same results when using another primer so maybe my foundation just does not work with primer or I just do not need it.

Now, I did find a use for it yesterday: sometimes I use a concealer as a foundation and if I apply this primer first I can use even less of the concealer and still get pretty full coverage. I think I probably used half as much concealer, but got 80%+ of the coverage. It just seemed to help the concealer glide on better. Not really worth buying it again for that since I have others, but at least a good use for it while I have it.

It is also quite pricey and there are other primers that do the same job for much, much less.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by violetkat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this in an Ipsy glam bag subscription.

The primer isn't clear like a lot of primers are, it is a slightly tinted color but it looked fine on my skin. I usually wear a buff/beige foundation color.

Unfortunately, I didn't really like it. It took more of the product to cover my face than I use with other primers and I don't think the staying power was anything special. I'll probably use it up and just throw it in with my travel stuff.