July 28, 2014 | 1792 users online

Lipstick - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Magic Marker Lip and Cheek Stain

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by cassie11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip stain in Jitterbug quite a whila ago, and didn't like it because it settled in the cracks of my lips. Since then I have taken much better care of my lips by sleeping with lip conditioner and exfoliating often and now I like this product a lot. This color is a beautiful bright pink that I love. It glides on very nicely on the lips, not streaky like my NYC lipstain. I like to wear this color under my revlon lip butter in Sweet Tart b/c it makes the lip butter last longer. I want to go back and buy a red one now. So as long as you don't have dry flaky lips, i think this lipstain is really good.
*I went back to buy Flamenco and I love it. It's a beautiful red and is super pigmented and doesn't suck the moisture out of my lips like some other lipstains do.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by bzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in 3 colors and must say I am not really sure if I would buy it again if I find something with good colors that stays on better. They were $14 at Sephora. I love the packaging and marker type applicator. It is great for putting on a bright color quickly with the precision needed to have a perfect lip line. Cha cha is a very mild bubblegum pink with a slight hint of red. It is about the same color as my lips and is not really dark enough for me to justify buying it again. If I layer it a few times...like 3 or 4..it looks like a deeper version of my natural color...but these lipstains do not stay on well enough for me to have to be applying it all day. Tango is a bit more bright..it is a coral pink color that I actually love if I layer it on. I love this color so much that I will go thru the bother of reapplying. These 2 colors seem to wear off pretty evenly, they are light enough not to leave the lipliner ring look. They go on pretty wet and you can move the color around well before it dries. It dries up matte and makes my lips feel a bit dry, so I put a coat of balm or gloss to keep from licking my lips too much and messing up the color. The topcoat does lighten the color a tad. I have also noticed that my top lip is slightly lighter than the bottom and I must double layer it in order for the color to look even because these stains are sheer, even though they are bright. Flamenco is a beautiful bright red with a blue undertone...like that traditional pin-up girl red from the 50's. It wears down to a cool bright pinky red. With just drinking and lip licking it wears evenly but if I eat, I end up with the lipliner look. This is the only color I wear a lot.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am looking for a lip stain and bought this at Sephora, per recommendation from an SA. I wish I had just tried the Revlon Just Bitten as they would have been half the price, as they both have that Sharpie type applicator. I don't know if the felt applicator is the problem, but it lays down a TON of color (I tried Tango) which didn't blend out, even over lip balm, and caught in ever crevice and blip even after exfoliating. The color was pretty, but way too intense the way it applied. Not a fan. At the time I lived far away from Sephora, and just threw it away instead of returning it. What a disappointment, especially for fourteen bucks.
Next I'll try Benetint, but my hopes aren't high...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by TaniaMst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Tango and I love it! It adds drama to my natural color as it's quite bright but it's really nice. I haven't tried it on my cheeks and don't think I will, I think it would be too much of a highlighter effect.

It goes on smooth and has a subtle taste I like. It did not try my lips at all and while I don't really feel the product on it doesn't seem to make my lips a little sticky at first? The price is quite cheap as well (in the 20CAD range I believe). It's also quite easy to carry it around and if you rub your lips together quickly then you can apply it without needing a mirror.

I took a point out for the packaging... I left it near the cash where I work and someone actually took down a client's phone number with it before realizing it was NOT a highlighter!! It still works though but seriously it does look like a school supply.

Would purchase again nonetheless!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in "Mango", it's a gorgeous red. I'm usually a bit shy about wearing red lips but this I can pull off without looking overly done up. It's so easy to apply, dries to a nice matte finish, works alone or under lipgloss/lipbalm and is very long-lasting. I haven't tried it as a cheek stain.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by i9jadei9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me just say that this marker idea is phenomenal! It's super easy to apply to my lips (I haven't tried it on my cheeks and probably won't because the color is intense) and the color lasts and does not rub off! The only downside is that the color does fade away in a sort of odd uneven way. So what I do now is apply it at night, let it dry and put chapstick over the top. When I wake up in the morning my lips are a brighter version of my natural lip color! It's crazy but all throughout the day regardless of what lip gloss or balm I put on top, my lips just look perfect!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by ashton

MUA I FOUND IT! After years of searching for "the One" I finally found my HG lip stain. Where do I start?
First off, the colors are nice. I purchased in Waltz and I will be buying every other color available. I think I paid $19 for this at Sephora, not bad for a good quality lip stain at a high end make-up retailer.
Second, the marker is easy to apply with - I line my lips first and then fill in.
Third, it stays on GREAT with a nice matte finish. I only reapplied once during my work day.
And the very best part is that it doesn't dry up. It still goes on as pigmented as the day I got it. Lip stain lovers: Don't bypass this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by annabrem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Mambo and it gives my lips a lovely reddish color. Kind od like i've just spent the last hour kissing a cute boy. As with all stains, if my lips are even slightly chapped, it will darken the color around the chapped areas, which is not a good look. But that's not specific to this particular product--just lipstains in general--so i didn't take off a lippy for it because it's the nature of the proverbial beast. I haven't used it as a cheek stain so I can't comment on that. This lipstain is at its best with a bit of gloss over it.

ETA: This has become my go-to lip color, so i just changed my grade from 4 to 5 lippies. I wear it alone or layer it under gloss. It's versatile and flattering and i love it. What I really appreciate is that it actually spreads well before setting so it's quite forgiving.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by June187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall, not quite what I was looking for. I purchased this in Waltz. It was a very pretty color once applied, but it just didn't last for me. I find it works better under a tinted gloss.. but that kind of defeated the purpose of the product for me as I wanted an alternative to sticky or shiny lips. For some it seems to have worked fine, but for me the wear is totally uneven. I am bummed because I have yet to find a lip marker as fantastic as YSL Sweet Lips.. which of course they don't make anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by lhalvor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product because the colour is intense, it lines the lips perfectly, and it lasts and lasts! I bought jitterbug - I like to use this stain as a base because it matte. So I enjoy putting a glossier colour on top, my favourite is Tarte's lip stain in hot pink.

I will be buying a few other colours as well
And ps, this product is vegan!