Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue

4.6

on 5/5/2014 10:29:00 PM

Full Size Image
The Pacific Blue I just bought today looks NOTHING like the swatches/photos online, and it's not at all opaque. Did they change the formula? What I have is a deep slightly shimmery sheer electric blue jelly and all the photos I've seen are an opaque bright cornflower blue creme. SO confused.

on 4/30/2014 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I'm 40 and not quite ready to wear what I call "mom" colors (meaning like my mom)..I am a mom though. This is the most gorgeous blue. I have been lusting after it for about three months and it was always out at the store thanks to YouTube and Pintrest. Finally!!! I found it and I am in love. With summer fast approaching I am excited to have a mani/pedi done with this. I would suggest that this is a cornflower blue leaning toward an electric blue. The formula is AMAZING! One coat is fine with this if you are in a hurry. It is very opaque and very beautiful.

Happy Makeuping!❤️

Edit: this color is gorgeous but the formula is terrible. It never dries. It is just too thick...😢

on 4/26/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I did not understand what the hype was about at first. I purchased this polish a couple of days ago since people rave about it on YouTube and wanting to try something new. You can get an opaque/almost opaque look with just one coat! I always apply 2 coats to cover any streaks and make the polish look uniform. This blue is unlike any other blue I own. It's a bright, vibrant cornflower blue. I received quite a few compliments when I wore this color to work. This is day 2 of wearing the color and so far I don't have any chips. Pacific Blue by Sally Hansen is such a fun color - try it!

on 3/17/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I did not like this nail polish at all.
I'm not a fan of these sally Hansen extreme wear nail polishes, I find the brush awkward and thick and the formula of the polish terrible.
I bought this nail polish under the impression it was a dupe for another nail polish, that sadly only came in mini's. When I tried this blue, I was sad to see it was not the corn flower blue it appeared to be, but a regular generic blue. That would be OK if that was the only issue I encountered with this polish, but not 2 days after I applied this to my toes it started to peel and chip. I usually get a good 2 weeks out of toes polish, but with this I barely got 4 days. I am not impressed and won't be purchasing anymore of the extreme wear nail polishes.

on 3/3/2014 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The reviews don't lie. Just spend the $2 bro.

on 2/26/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Such a beautiful blue! This looks amazing in the summer time. It is one of my favorites. I also love the applicator with this Sally Hansen polish. Not too thin, not too thick.

on 2/26/2014 4:59:00 PM

This is a great color, it looks good on my nails. I'm surprised that it doesn't chip easily (most nail polishes chip easily on me). Hmmm, maybe it's because I bought a new base and top coat? Either way, GREAT nail polish, I most likely will repurchase. :)

on 2/8/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

On my second bottle! Best polish out there right now! This color is SO perfect for all seasons I'm SO obsessed, you can catch tons of celebs in this shade! Ok first off, one coat is all you need! Yes you CAN do two but def not a must! Super fast drying, super long wear, amazing brush, super easy to apply, YES YES YES buy this now!

HG nail polish. I will wear it any day any time. I ALWAYS get comments on it. Like others have said, the color is opaque in one coat and bright and gorgeous and EVERYTHING. I had it for the longest time but for whatever reason I kept putting it in the back burner. The day I tried it I never went back. I freaked out and bought 3 back ups because I can never live without this baby! The only "con" is the smell, it really has a strange smell. almost like weed? it doesn't matter it goes away like all other polish smells but it does have a particular "scent"

on 10/30/2013 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

--------------------------PACIFIC BLUE 2.0--------------------------
I am unsure of why they kept the name the same, especially since the only thing similar is that they are both in the same color family. Otherwise, this one is a shimmery bright royal blue to the creme periwinkle of the older formula. That and it's not as good in quality- very thin formula and required three to four coats for acceptable coverage (though that thinness gave it an almost jelly like look on the nail which I will accept as nice enough). It's pretty but it needs work.

--------------------------PACIFIC BLUE 1.0--------------------------
This is a gorgeous muted iris blue creme from their Xtreme Wear line. Due to the mild purple tones in this shade, it is of course just about impossible to capture it perfectly on camera but trust me the very subtle purple tinge adds a lovely twist to this blue creme and it does have a slight desaturated effect which only adds to the polish's appeal. Application is as smooth as butter, which was surprising, and I had opacity in two gorgeous coats. Perfect color to welcome the summer and a great bright to wear for spring as well, especially as it starts to taper out.

Popular Polishes