April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Brows - Smashbox - Brow Tech To-Go

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh. This is one of the first products I bought in my quest for a sparse brow solution that would last the day. This pen is a great idea in theory, but poorly executed IMO. In the end, I don't think it's worth the hefty Smashbox price tag.

Pros: The small brush that came with the gel. In fact, I liked the brow gel enough that I wanted to purchase it by itself, but Smashbox only makes it as part of its dual eyebrow product (come on, Smashbox...)

Cons: While the brush is great, I've since discovered a better brow gel with better and longer hold. The brunette color matched my brows and the slanted tip made for good application, but the pencil end didn't last through the day and broke off on me several times (to the point where I didn't get to use much of the product).

I've finally settled on what I believe is going to be my long-term brow solution unless I happen to stumble upon something way better: MUFE Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector + Anastasia Brow Gel. The result is brows that last until I use a makeup removing cleanser to wash them off at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by AmberSkyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm in a love-hate relationship with this. The packaging makes this super convenient, and the brow gel is some of the best I've used. However the lack of colors really stinks. You can choose between brunette and taupe. I have dark blonde eyebrows, and taupe is still a bit too dark for me. If I'm very light handed using the color, I can get away with using it, but barely. If you have light colored eyebrows, forget it. If they had more of a color rage, it would be an HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Camillian74

My favorite brow pencil thus far. I have dark almost black brows with a few sparse areas. This pencil blends perfectly with my natural brow hair, and never looks penciled in. I love the angled pencil and that it glides on simply, and lasts all day. The clear gel mascara wand on the other side of the brush helps the blend it to perfection and viola. Great brows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

This is one of the few brow products that I have repurchased. I love it. I used to use the one in the pot and found that great as well. But I am always just in a rush. So this one is perfect. Goes on easy. Stay put. Love the gel side that just finishes off the look. Really nice product. Overall I love Smashbox. I like that you dont need a sharpener for this. The taupe works well for me. Nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by RoxyOhSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! What an amazing product! I love love love this! I have very sparse eyebrows and the shape is always off,so thank Gos for this,i can shape it and fill it and it stays put all day! I use to use a pencil and brow gel in the past but why struglle with a brush when this is so simple to use. I use it in the shade Brunette and i really dont have to press hard for the colur to appear, i guess thats the reason mine never breaks hehe.It would be cool if a drugstore brand came out with a dupe.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use a variety of brow products, and have always liked Smashbox Brow Tech. It is a bit time-consuming, so I decided to try this, thinking it would be faster and easier.

It's just not as good as the original Brow Tech. I find the pencil too wide to apply color to my rather sparse brows, and the seal doesn't work as well as the wax in the original. I use this sometimes when I'm in a rush, but would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by shimmi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Not a fan. The shade I got was Taupe, but I suspect that the deficiencies of this product extend to all its colours. The wedge-shaped pencil is awful: hard, crumbly and too thick to manoeuver easily. It also breaks very easily. And there's very little of it. In my case it took only a few applications a before it had all broken off, leaving me with only the gel/spoolie part -- which is okay but no better than any of the brow gels you can pick up for much, much less. Overall, overpriced and badly designed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Cecee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this browtech pencil. I use it in taupe. The angle helps maneuver around the brow, and you can flip it one way for a wider fill and flip it the long way to finish the tails of your brows. It is really convenient and I actually love the color; I usually use Brows a go-go from Benefit and this browtech pencil leaves my brows a little lighter, so it just depends how I feel that day. It is really convenient as well, and stays on for a whole day at work or night hanging out. Super easy to use. I always keep some little tester mascara wands to use on my brows. They are perfect for blending in the wax/powder mixture or cleaning up anywhere around the brow where you might have gotten wax on the skin. Yay for Browtech to go!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by braziliannut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sexy brows anyone? With Smashbox Brow Tech To Go, ive found that enhancing and beautifying my brows has never been easier. I got the shade brunette because i have long dark hair, even though the buzz is that their Taupe shade is the most universally used. Has anyone else tried Smashbox's Brow Tech To Go? Did you get Taupe or Brunette? And how did it work out for you? Thanks everyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Nikkers8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not a fan of this product. The pencil itself is very hard and gives off very little colour without extensive force. When I do get more forceful, I am not happy with the colour (too dark due to extra force). The shape is odd - I don't see how the angle helps with application. Still looking for the perfect brow pencil. Won't be buying this again. I would take it back but the staff at my Shoppers Drugmart make it such an ordeal, I can't be bothered.