Peter Thomas Roth Lashes To Die For The Mascara

3.8

WATER, SORBITAN OLIVATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA WAX), ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, STEARIC ACID, VP/VA COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, IRON OXIDES (77491, 77492, 77499), TOCOPHEROL (VITAMIN E), RETINYL PALMITATE (VITAMIN A), ASCORBYL PALMITATE (VITAMIN C), PANTHENOL (PRO VITAMIN B5), CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL, MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL, SILK POWDER, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, BAMBUSA VULGARIS LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, SORBITOL, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA COPOLYMER, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE.

on 12/30/2012 11:02:00 AM

I have tried all kinds of mascara from Lancome to Dior to benifits they're real, to urban decay to smashbox to estee lauder to bobbie brown to chanel to mac to make up forever to guerlain to drug store mascara's this mascara seperates and lenghtens and does add volume and it don't clump or make your lashes stick together also it don't smudge or cake like all above that I had mentioned. but it does get goopy after couple of uses have to clean the wand alot or stick a drop of visine in it to bring it back to life

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Packaging quality is pretty much the same as other mascaras, until you open the case and see the wand. It's a plastic wand that you use to fill your lashes. It's hard. Yes, hard-bristled. It's difficult to angle to put the mascara on your lashes with such a brittle piece of plastic. I was surprised when I saw and felt this contraption. After putting on my usual few coats and allowing them to dry, I went about my way. I was unpleasantly surprised soon after when I checked in my mirror and saw the little pieces of mascara under my eyes that had fallen off my lashes. I don't glop mascara on unevenly, I'm quite careful in application, but that didn't seem to matter. That meant out with the q-tips to do a quick clean-up of my under-eye area before I went out and I then needed to carry some more q-tips with me for the rest of the evening. This happened every time I wore this mascara. Not re-purchasing.

on 10/14/2012 10:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is a great mascara. The wand reminds me of the Flawless Definition one from Bare Escentuals. The formula applies nicely; it's less of a wet formula than the Flawless Definition, but smooth and dark. The mascara wand separates well and is small enough to get in corners. I was able to achieve a lot of volume. As far as thickening, this mascara doesn't do much for that. It coats, but doesn't plump like others I've used like Benefit. Taking all factors into account, I would repurchase. It's a great mascara for work that makes my eyelashes look great, but not over the top. I also like that I usually don't have to use a q-tip to remove excess from the top of my lid when I apply this. With most mascaras, I have to do that.

on 11/14/2011 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The brush on this is bizarre and very hard to use with the blunted end. I am guessing you are supposed to apply the color with the end, and then comb it through with the brush? Any way, it smears and globs. It does not offer much length or volume. Not a go for me.

on 11/12/2011 8:16:00 PM

I bought this off of the recommendation from Sephora. I was so disappointed. I hated the skinny wand and the formula was nothing special. I was looking for a product to make my short lashes look fuller and longer, this is not the one. This was my first return to Sephora and I have never looked back. This mascara came off super easy, and clumped with only one application. The wand did not help me get into any of my corners. I was not able to get the look I wanted. I really wanted this to work for me.

I've tried many different types of mascara, both drugstore and high end. I decided to buy this one because it had high reviews on sephora. I'm glad I did. It definitely lengthens more than it thickens. My eyelashes look crazy long when I use this. I've had no issues with clumping or flaking. I typically apply 1 coat. I curl my lashes before using, and I've had no problems with them losing their curl. It would be perfect if it thickened a bit more.

Oh my... this stuff is AWFUL. I'm not picky when it comes to Mascara... I like drug store mascaras and high end mascaras alike. Some I like more than others. I don't tend to stick to one mascara for long or forever, but most mascaras do the job for me. I bought this stuff after receiving advise from a Sephora employee. I have an illness that causes hair loss as a side effect... not dramatic and I'm not going to go bald or lose all my eyelashes but its made my hair and lashes weak and I wanted something gentle... to try to preserve my lashes until the medication I'm taking works. The rep at Sephora suggested this, along with Urban Lash growth product (which I think is working). I've spent a few weeks using this mascara, wanting to like it... but its garbage. It makes my lashes clump, it flakes like nothing I've ever used and its hard to take off. I'm giving up and hoping I can return this junk! Ugh.

on 8/29/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I <3 this mascara!!!! It is so good to me! This mascara works BEST right when opened up. The mascara has a VERY good formula and it works well when you take your time.
It curls lashes.
It lengthens lashes.
It makes lashes very dark black which i love!
It is the best. I just hate that it dries out kinda quick and gets gloppy.

on 5/27/2011 4:29:00 PM

great product over all - covers lashes in less than a single coat and is very nice on the eyes - Big impact and no clumps.

on 4/14/2011 11:05:00 PM

I've used this mascara for a little while, trying to figure out if I liked it. Well, the verdict is out. It clumps, and if you use more than one coat, it looks like you lashes are coated with clumps. I don't like that look.

It is supposed to help your lashes along with it's nightly partner, Lashes to Die For. But I thought it might work well with Latisse. It's making my new growth of lashes look like they are one thick line of mascara. If I only use one coat, I still get clumps, and have to separate them. it really makes lashes look too thick.

So, I've started using it with a very light hand, and it's still isn't right. Also, I've noticed the brush is flimsy, and looks like it's about to break. I've only had it for 3 weeks. It might have to go back to Sephora's, if I notice the brush becoming any more loose from the wand. Heck, I think Stiletto by Maybeline is better mascara than this. Normally I like PTR products. They really need to fix the brush,and make the formula less thick.