October 24, 2014 | 1744 users online

Mascara - Peter Thomas Roth - Lashes To Die For The Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

The brush on this is bizarre and very hard to use with the blunted end. I am guessing you are supposed to apply the color with the end, and then comb it through with the brush? Any way, it smears and globs. It does not offer much length or volume. Not a go for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Xiaored

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this off of the recommendation from Sephora. I was so disappointed. I hated the skinny wand and the formula was nothing special. I was looking for a product to make my short lashes look fuller and longer, this is not the one. This was my first return to Sephora and I have never looked back. This mascara came off super easy, and clumped with only one application. The wand did not help me get into any of my corners. I was not able to get the look I wanted. I really wanted this to work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by vintagequeengf1

I've tried many different types of mascara, both drugstore and high end. I decided to buy this one because it had high reviews on sephora. I'm glad I did. It definitely lengthens more than it thickens. My eyelashes look crazy long when I use this. I've had no issues with clumping or flaking. I typically apply 1 coat. I curl my lashes before using, and I've had no problems with them losing their curl. It would be perfect if it thickened a bit more.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by bluedrag0nfly

Oh my... this stuff is AWFUL. I'm not picky when it comes to Mascara... I like drug store mascaras and high end mascaras alike. Some I like more than others. I don't tend to stick to one mascara for long or forever, but most mascaras do the job for me. I bought this stuff after receiving advise from a Sephora employee. I have an illness that causes hair loss as a side effect... not dramatic and I'm not going to go bald or lose all my eyelashes but its made my hair and lashes weak and I wanted something gentle... to try to preserve my lashes until the medication I'm taking works. The rep at Sephora suggested this, along with Urban Lash growth product (which I think is working). I've spent a few weeks using this mascara, wanting to like it... but its garbage. It makes my lashes clump, it flakes like nothing I've ever used and its hard to take off. I'm giving up and hoping I can return this junk! Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by SylviaLerree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I <3 this mascara!!!! It is so good to me! This mascara works BEST right when opened up. The mascara has a VERY good formula and it works well when you take your time.
It curls lashes.
It lengthens lashes.
It makes lashes very dark black which i love!
It is the best. I just hate that it dries out kinda quick and gets gloppy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by savegirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great product over all - covers lashes in less than a single coat and is very nice on the eyes - Big impact and no clumps.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this mascara for a little while, trying to figure out if I liked it. Well, the verdict is out. It clumps, and if you use more than one coat, it looks like you lashes are coated with clumps. I don't like that look.

It is supposed to help your lashes along with it's nightly partner, Lashes to Die For. But I thought it might work well with Latisse. It's making my new growth of lashes look like they are one thick line of mascara. If I only use one coat, I still get clumps, and have to separate them. it really makes lashes look too thick.

So, I've started using it with a very light hand, and it's still isn't right. Also, I've noticed the brush is flimsy, and looks like it's about to break. I've only had it for 3 weeks. It might have to go back to Sephora's, if I notice the brush becoming any more loose from the wand. Heck, I think Stiletto by Maybeline is better mascara than this. Normally I like PTR products. They really need to fix the brush,and make the formula less thick.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Peter Thomas Roth – Lashes to Die For – The mascara Jet Black
I was very disappointed in this. I purchased this while on the search for a mascara that would condition my lashes as a compliment to the Careprost (generic Lattisse) and conditioning crème liner I use. I’d read pretty good reviews about this so I tried it. Waste.Of.Money. The brush is a bit unique, a thin, rubbery brush with different length bristles (some to lengthen, some to separate). Whatever – any mascara will make your lashes look longer as long as it gets color on the lashes… as far as separation? Read on. Maybe this mascara does do awesome things to condition the lashes… but it looks & applies so bad that I won’t use it long enough to reap any benefits. First application reminded me of lash stiletto. Stick straight lashes – no curl, no volumizing. Just length (and, it really does lengthen – I’ll give it that). Back to the separation … don’t think ‘not so bad’ separation – this separates in that it turns your 40 lashes into clumpy hair spider legs. Plus it leaves little clumps (which is surprising because the formula appears pretty thin considering that you never see clumps on the brush itself). Maybe this would look good when used in conjunction with my metal lash comb, but for a mascara to look THIS BAD without it, is unacceptable. I wanted this to work so bad that I tried in in combination with other products, played around with application, everything. I tried it in 2 coats… 1st attempt (dry between coats); 2nd attempt (don’t let dry between coats)… both ways: spider legs. Tried it over my favorite mascara – instant spider legs. Tried it under a different mascara (honestly, it’s not too bad like this – but also not worth it – why use 2 coats of different mascaras when I can use 2 coats of the same mascara). If you like the dramatic spider leg look – you will love this mascara. Otherwise, leave it alone. I will never buy this again. Ever. Even if it was $1…and it’s not, it’s about $20.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by ajlamb

Awesome Mascara. The brush has both long and short bristles making lashes full and non-clumpy as well as lengthy. I have oily/combo skin and this mascara didn't bleed or flake all day! I also have really sensitive skin and usually end up tearing by hour two from most mascara's. No problem at all with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by GStelz

I got this mascara as a free gift when I bought the PTR Gentle Complexion Correction Pads at Nordstrom.

I really like it! I have white-blonde eyelashes. They're a decent thickness and length but have no curve and obviously need a lot of pigment. A few coats of this mascara gave me excellent, defined lashes. One coat isn't enough for me but does look very natural (aside from the fact they're black and black lashes don't look natural on my face).

I tried this over my Lancome Cils Booster XL (white tube) and had the best results I've seen in a very long time. My lashes were very thick, very long, very sexy! No clumping even when I sit there layering on mascara forever and ever. The combination is, dare I say it? Nearly HG material.

I haven't noticed flaking. Someone mentioned that below but I have to disagree. I've worn this all day long for the past three days and have yet to see any fallen bits. It also took some effort to remove the mascara (I had to use actual eye make up remover...as opposed to have it just slip off in the shower with my creamy face cleanser). I expect that means this will hold up in humid months but it's only 14 degrees out today so I won't know for a bit of time!

I gave this 4 lippies, not 5, because I do find I have to use several coats and spend time building up the lashes to obtain the volume. Not a problem when I have time but if I am in a hurry it's hard to achieve the look I like.