Beyond The Zone Rock On Dry Shampoo

2.7

on 5/23/2013 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was looking for a well priced dry shampoo because I do only wash my hair once a week and I needed something for when my hair was feeling extra greasy. I went to Sallys and picked this up, it was super cheap so that was great. I sprayed a bit on my roots, massaged it into my scalp and then brushed it out. It worked very well, I felt fresher and it did not leave my hair brittle and hard or with a grey cast like some dry shampoos do. I also really like the smell of it compared to other dry shampoos. For the people getting bad results maybe try spraying your hair from further away? If you are spraying too close it makes sense why your hair is feeling gross and dry. I'd recommend this to anyone!

on 5/20/2013 4:53:00 AM

I tried this because a girl who was working at my local Sallys recommended it. She said it was great at absorbing oil and said it smelled great, too. I couldn't disagree more. This stuff just smells like chemicals. I hated the way my hair felt when I used this on it, too. It's like it was coated with old 90's aerosol hairspray: very stiff, tacky and brittle. I couldn't get a brush through easily. After a few hours, the roots would be oily again, too. So my ends would be funky and stiff and my roots would be oily. Lastly, it left white particles everywhere. It was hard on my hair to try to brush them in, with the weird texture and all. Never again.

on 2/11/2013 11:41:00 PM

I didn't like this product. It makes my ends dry, doesn't clean well and leaves hair too stiff and "together", I couldn't run my hands trough it. It left my hair white even though I tried not to apply too directly and the oil was still noticeable.

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews on here! I really like this stuff. I only wash my hair every 3 days or so and this works wonders in between. I've been using the same can for about four months and haven't had any problems with the nozzle clogging or getting too much powder or propellant out of the can at any one time. The only thing I don't like about this is that sometimes it leaves a powdery white residue in my very very dark (almost black) hair. Even when I attack it with a fine tooth comb it doesn't seem to go away with anything but time. Over all I really like this stuff. I will definitely continue to purchase it over and over again.

on 5/29/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing problems with this dry shampoo. I was so excited to try it when Sally had a sale, but I got only ONE use out of it, which is not worth it, sale or not! I was in the process of moving when I purchased it, and when I unpacked at my new home, I found the bottle completely empty. There was no sign of leakage or spill on the outside of the can, or damage to the can. I thought I was crazy! Maybe I'd used it in my sleep?!? Seriously, this went through my mind....and the can went in the trash. I will not repurchase until this defect has been remedied. At that time, I'd really like to try the product again. It worked very nicely to refresh hair without leaving a film, and I was able to easily direct the spray (so as not to waste product....hahaha ironic, isn't it?)

on 4/23/2012 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far, so good. It makes my hair noticeably "fluffier," as a co-worker told me. It's fairly cheap, and doesn't have an overpowering scent (like Serge Normant or Oscar Blandi.) As of now, I'll be rebuying when I run out.

on 11/30/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I bought this stuff because of the high ratings. I mentioned the defective spray thingie and was told that that issue had been taken care of. So...I used it the other day and I liked it. A good thing to have for a last minute emergency and I can also see it going camping with me!

UPDATE: I had to change the rating o n this product. Why? Well, there is very little in the can. I don't think t he defective spray thingie had anything to do with it. A waste of my money. I loved the product; it was awesome. But I can use powder to do the same thing. Don't waste your money like I did.

on 10/19/2011 2:51:00 AM

I would probably recommend this for people who don't have that oily of hair, because this would work well the next morning after I washed my hair, but my hair is too oily to use in-between when I don't wash my hair for two days. However, this does give some nice volume!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have very oily skin and that extends to my scalp. So I've never been the kind of person who can go for two days without washing my hair. That gets frustrating when I've put a lot of work into styling it. It can take a really long time to get my hair looking good!

I finally tried some dry shampoo to help out between washes. This was the first one I tried and I don't see any reason to switch brands. It does what I need it to do: cuts back the oil in my hair dramatically so I can get away with shampooing every other day!

on 5/20/2011 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP, unless they completely fix the bottle. I bought this not even a week ago, used it once, and when I went to use it a second time a day later, the bottle was completely empty. It had leaked out completely. The fun part is, there was no sign that the bottle leaked, other than picking it up and the weight difference being obvious. No product came out, and the cap was secured on tightly, but it was empty. I am VERY upset now since I keep reptiles in my room. Reptiles are very susceptible to aerosol things and can die from being exposed to it, hence why I make sure all the caps are secured and use the products in different rooms. If one suddenly drops dead, I'm contemplating suing the company. I've read on Sallybeauty.com that this has happened before, so I didn't just get a faulty can. I bought this since it was a larger bottle than the Batisse stuff and was hoping it would last longer. Some serious irony there.

Top Rated Beyond The Zone Products