Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector SPF 25 in Fair 05

3.8

on 1/4/2013 12:23:00 AM

Finding an under eye concealer has been nothing short of a challenge for me. I have tiny little lines that any concealer I have previously tried has emphasized them to the point where they look like full blown wrinkles. I was trolling the drugstore before work one morning and picked this up on a whim.

Price: I always felt like Neutrogena was a middle ground between drugstore and high end with its pricing. It is definitely on the pricier side of drugstore products. This cost me 13 bucks I think... so yeah, expensive for drugstore.

Shades: I believe there are three or four shades of this. I am pretty light and I am the shade "light" in this (2nd to lightest). Definitely a rough buy for people with darker skin tones, but, then again, you are supposed to go a couple shades lighter on under eye concealer so you still might be able to get a shade that fits.

Packaging: I really love the packaging of this product. It comes in a twisty pen with a brush on the end of it where the product comes out. Not too much is dispensed at one time so it is very controlled. It is coated in metallic silver, so it looks really high end. I've had mine for 4 or 5 months maybe and it seriously looks like I used barely any, though I use it every day.

Formula: Loving the formula. It's not a creamy texture, I would call it more of a thick liquid. It is blendable and doesn't seem to settle into my fine lines, which is what I was really searching for in this concealer. It covers pretty well, but, to be honest, my dark circles aren't too bad so I can't fully vouch for the coverage but it does the job for me.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this concealer if you can get over a semi-high price tag for a drugstore product and can find a shade that you're happy with!

on 4/29/2012 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I received this in a kit from BzzAgent but I promise that my review is unbiased! I was very skeptical of this product given the poor reviews I had read here and elsewhere. Also, I kind of picked the shade on a whim which is bad when you're like me and suck at selecting foundation/concealer matches for yourself.
However, I have been very pleasantly surprised by this product! I put a generous amount in my undereye area where I have very blue dark circles and some tear-trough shadows. This significantly brightened and even concealed the dark blueness. I layered some LM Secret Concealer over it for a little more coverage. So far, this seems to work even better than my BB Corrector, so I'm really surprised by this product.
Also, can't beat that it has SPF25, which will hopefully help prevent any more undereye fine lines from forming :)
I'll update my review after I've been using this for awhile.

EDIT: So after learning some new techniques with my other concealers and trying the MAC highlighter, I am no longer impressed with this product..it just doesn't work well enough. I have to layer my Bobbi Brown corrector, Dermablend concealer then top with MAC Prep and Prime highlighter to look like I'm not a zombie. I only plan to use this product on the weekends when I'm lounging around home and want to use up product.

on 4/28/2012 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

As its name suggests, this is really good for "brightening" the eye area. If you're only looking to camouflage really dark eye circles, you might want to try a different concealer. This product is reminiscent of YSL Touch Eclat down to the formula and packaging. I got it in Fair which is a bit light for my NC25 skin, but I can make it work because of the consistency of the formula. The concealer itself is thin and provides some light coverage. The formula contains good for you ingredients such as soy, Vitamin E and chamomile which is suppose to help depuff the eye area. I don't have a problem with puffiness, so I can't comment on that. The magic of the concealer is the optical brighteners that highlight the areas you need to, such as the inner corners of the eye and the browbone. The effect is subtle but noticeable. The packaging is an elegant silver tube with a clickable brush at the end. It's easy to use and the brush places the concealer right where you need it. This is great for a refreshed, natural look. I find myself reaching for it more and more. Would definitely repurchase.

on 12/23/2011 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cakey and orange- yuck!

on 11/13/2011 5:02:00 PM

After trying out many many concealers for my under eye circles I always seem to come back to this one. Before I use this product I make sure I moisturize really well underneath my eye, for moisture I use my neutrogena Healthy Defense daily moisturizer spf 30, then I apply a duo concealer, I'm using sheercorver, light/medium (I feel like it works a lot better if I apply a duo concealer first, though you can skip this step.) and lastly I apply my brightening eye perfector, buff 09. It gives my under eye circles a natural brightening look. Its very creamy and light, it doesnt feel heavy or dry. I only use a bit of it, it does the job for me. And even though it does tend to settle into fine lines, its not so big of a problem. I've had worst concealers that settled into my fine lines like crazy! Make sure to moisturize really well or else it will crack up a bit. I only retouch once throughout the day. So retouching is not so big of a hassle. It has a lot of product! It lasts for about 2 months or more so the price is def worth it. I got it from walmart for about $8. It used to be worth $15+ so I'm glad the price went down. I'm still in search for the "perfect concealer or eye brightner" for my horrible under eye circles, but this is close to perfect for now. :)

on 11/13/2011 3:28:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I bought this because in the mornings I usually put on both undereye cream and concealer. This product advertises itself as being brightening, de-puffing and concealing. so I thought I could save a step. It works ok but I didn't think it had enough coverage and I didn't like the liquid consistency. I guess I was hoping for something creamier. I used to use Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick which is thicker and I liked that better. This does feel soothing and cool on your skin though and it seems like it might be ggod for dry skin. I also don't like the applicator because you can't control how much comes out. When you turn the dial to get product out it squirts out a big glob. If I don't want that much then the rest goes to waste. I'll use it up but I won't buy it again.

on 6/28/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have this in light 10 and love this for my eyes!.Especially on days where I didn't get much sleep the night before from a teething toddler to cover up the circles!! The one thing I don't like, kind of like the spot concealer, is that you have to twist and twist and twist to get it started and after that it looks like you have hardly any product left after just spending money on it! It's ok though because I don't tend to use a whole lot. I'm not thrilled about the applicator, you have to twist it and it comes out on this brush. The first time was ok because the brush was clean and it kind of coated it, but after that it just squirts out and you just have to brush it on and blend with your fingers or whatever you choose. I use this under my eye, in the corners, on the eyelid, and under my brow. It blends so well! Also like the spot conealer though, I let it sit for a few second to kind of dry a little before blending. It seems like that helps to blend better and get better coverage. I saw someone say something on the 3-in-1 eye concealer that they couldn't get much coverage and that would be my advice to them..let it sit for a minute. Seems like if I don't and I try to blend, it's like it just wipes away and is too sheer to even notice a difference. Overall, a good product for the money!

on 6/2/2011 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

So I just bought this product from my local rite-aid yesterday and i love it! First, a little background. My skin is extremely sensitive and has a yellow/neutral undertone. The skin around my eyes is very delicate and can be kind-of dry although i moisturize it very well. I think it's just because my skin is so sensitive and thin there, I have to be really careful with what I use. I don't necessarily have dark circles, but its more like blue-ish purple-ish showing through my pale thin skin and it makes me look slightly sick or something strange. I don't even know haha. It's very hard to find a product that corrects it unless I am going to buy some $30 product from sephora which i don't have the money to do. So before this product I had tried maybelline pur minerals concealer, maybelline yellow concealer stick, and revlon photo ready. None of them really corrected the discoloration, you could still see the blueness through the concealer and they would either crease or be too drying around my already dry & sensitive eyes. I decided to try this one cause after reading reviews i though this might be something i was looking for, and i was right!! it's more of a thicker consistency and not liquidy and thin on the skin, therefore covering up the blueness not letting it show through the concealer like other concealers. It fixed my problem! it did crease the tiniest bit but i also did not set it because i was just trying it out to see if it even fixed my discoloration. major bonus that it contains an spf! it looks like there probably isnt too much product in there and it might run out rather fast, but its worth it to me. yay!

on 5/1/2011 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Best of all possible worlds, easy to apply with built-in brush, covers well, stays on, SPF25, and a range of beautiful covers. 5 lippies for a job well done, Neutrogena!

I use 10 Light in the winter and 15 Buff in the summer, with a mix of both in spring and fall.

Only caveat: be sure to use an eye cream underneath before applying.

I used to use the Neutrogena 3 in 1 concealer for eyes, which I gave 4 lippies to ( see my review), but prefer the built-in applicator and the SPF of this product so 5 lippies for this one.

The one enhancement I've tried is that if you've really slept badly the night before, and have dark circles, add Givenchy's Mister Light on top, just over the dark areas...and pouf, they disappear (mostly). See my review of Mister Light and its shades

on 4/25/2011 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a great highlighter around the eye area and on other parts of the face as well. I'm an nc45/C7 in MAC and I bought this in medium. I thought it would be too light or ashy but its the perfect highlight color for me. When I get a highlighter that's 1-2 shades lighter it can sometimes blend into my skin. I use it mostly on my brow bone, inner corner and under the eye. This also has a yellow/beige undertone.