July 31, 2014 | 1962 users online

Concealers - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector SPF 25 in Fair 05

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by KookyLaRue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because in the mornings I usually put on both undereye cream and concealer. This product advertises itself as being brightening, de-puffing and concealing. so I thought I could save a step. It works ok but I didn't think it had enough coverage and I didn't like the liquid consistency. I guess I was hoping for something creamier. I used to use Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick which is thicker and I liked that better. This does feel soothing and cool on your skin though and it seems like it might be ggod for dry skin. I also don't like the applicator because you can't control how much comes out. When you turn the dial to get product out it squirts out a big glob. If I don't want that much then the rest goes to waste. I'll use it up but I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by JACsMama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in light 10 and love this for my eyes!.Especially on days where I didn't get much sleep the night before from a teething toddler to cover up the circles!! The one thing I don't like, kind of like the spot concealer, is that you have to twist and twist and twist to get it started and after that it looks like you have hardly any product left after just spending money on it! It's ok though because I don't tend to use a whole lot. I'm not thrilled about the applicator, you have to twist it and it comes out on this brush. The first time was ok because the brush was clean and it kind of coated it, but after that it just squirts out and you just have to brush it on and blend with your fingers or whatever you choose. I use this under my eye, in the corners, on the eyelid, and under my brow. It blends so well! Also like the spot conealer though, I let it sit for a few second to kind of dry a little before blending. It seems like that helps to blend better and get better coverage. I saw someone say something on the 3-in-1 eye concealer that they couldn't get much coverage and that would be my advice to them..let it sit for a minute. Seems like if I don't and I try to blend, it's like it just wipes away and is too sheer to even notice a difference. Overall, a good product for the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Michy1031

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I just bought this product from my local rite-aid yesterday and i love it! First, a little background. My skin is extremely sensitive and has a yellow/neutral undertone. The skin around my eyes is very delicate and can be kind-of dry although i moisturize it very well. I think it's just because my skin is so sensitive and thin there, I have to be really careful with what I use. I don't necessarily have dark circles, but its more like blue-ish purple-ish showing through my pale thin skin and it makes me look slightly sick or something strange. I don't even know haha. It's very hard to find a product that corrects it unless I am going to buy some $30 product from sephora which i don't have the money to do. So before this product I had tried maybelline pur minerals concealer, maybelline yellow concealer stick, and revlon photo ready. None of them really corrected the discoloration, you could still see the blueness through the concealer and they would either crease or be too drying around my already dry & sensitive eyes. I decided to try this one cause after reading reviews i though this might be something i was looking for, and i was right!! it's more of a thicker consistency and not liquidy and thin on the skin, therefore covering up the blueness not letting it show through the concealer like other concealers. It fixed my problem! it did crease the tiniest bit but i also did not set it because i was just trying it out to see if it even fixed my discoloration. major bonus that it contains an spf! it looks like there probably isnt too much product in there and it might run out rather fast, but its worth it to me. yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by inmyopinion

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best of all possible worlds, easy to apply with built-in brush, covers well, stays on, SPF25, and a range of beautiful covers. 5 lippies for a job well done, Neutrogena!

I use 10 Light in the winter and 15 Buff in the summer, with a mix of both in spring and fall.

Only caveat: be sure to use an eye cream underneath before applying.

I used to use the Neutrogena 3 in 1 concealer for eyes, which I gave 4 lippies to ( see my review), but prefer the built-in applicator and the SPF of this product so 5 lippies for this one.

The one enhancement I've tried is that if you've really slept badly the night before, and have dark circles, add Givenchy's Mister Light on top, just over the dark areas...and pouf, they disappear (mostly). See my review of Mister Light and its shades

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great highlighter around the eye area and on other parts of the face as well. I'm an nc45/C7 in MAC and I bought this in medium. I thought it would be too light or ashy but its the perfect highlight color for me. When I get a highlighter that's 1-2 shades lighter it can sometimes blend into my skin. I use it mostly on my brow bone, inner corner and under the eye. This also has a yellow/beige undertone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried both the YSL touche eclat and the Dior Skinflash, both which I paid around $40 for, and this does exactly what they do for my dark circles, but better (I paid $14, which is a lot for a drugstore product, but preferable to $40). The formula on this is slightly thicker and more pigmented than the YSL and Dior, and therefore covers well, and I don't have to use another concealer in conjunction with the Neutrogena like I had to do with YSL and Dior. It also lasts longer than the other two, which seemed to fade very quickly on me. I do prefer the YSL and Dior for highlighting other areas of my face, but I never used it much for that anyway because I use a separate highlighter for my face. For the record, I have horrible hereditary dark circles AND don't get a whole lot of sleep, and this covers them beautifully/makes me look like a human being. Just remember to use a good eye cream as a base to prevent creasing and keep the area moisturized & fresh.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by underthesun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I generally like this concealer. It visibly reduces my dark circles, which was the main reason I purchased this product. It doesn't completely cover them, but neither has anything else I've tried so far. The color is a good match for me--I have good luck with finding my color match in Neutrogena. I like the liquid texture, which allows me to work in layers and doesn't look so "fake" on my skin. I also really like that it can double as a highlighter--great for days when I don't want to wear a full face of makeup but still want to look a bit more bright and polished. I haven't had too much trouble with creasing (though it has happened a few times) or it looking cakey.
The MAJOR downside of this product, for me, was the (faulty?) packing. The first time I used it, I had to turn the bottom for ages to get the product out. This was expected, and otherwise, everything was fine. The second time I used it, the product wasn't coming out again... and then the whole top came off due to pressure inside the main compartment. It made a mess, I lost a lot of product, and I was pissed off. I cleaned it up and managed to get the top mostly back on, and it became usable again. I'm still very displeased about it.
Another con to this concealer is the price--I think it's very expensive for a drugstore product. However, it's still cheaper than just about every HE concealer out there, so the price is only a con if you're debating between this and another drugstore concealer.
On the balance, I like this concealer enough that I plan to repurchase it when I'm done with this tube (which I'm sure will be sooner than it should be, because I'll either get sick of dealing with my messed up packaging or the product will dry out from not being properly sealed). But if this happens again, I would definitely move on to another concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by audreyc17

This is a great concealer but it needs to be applied properly for it to work. Eye cream is a must, or this product will crease like crazy. At first I thought it wasn't working because I was putting it under my entire eye, but if you use it sparingly, and just in the dark spots, it really does work.

Oh, and patting it in (even thought it takes a long time), rather than rubbing works best.

I gave it a 2 for packaging quality because I don't like products with the twister/connected brush. It is messy, and just seems unnecessary - but I can get over that, and will definitely purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say, I am a big fan of the Healthy Skin line in the Neutrogena brand. The foundation and other products are perfect for those sensitive skin days or days when I have breakouts/rawness that I don't want to irritate. This particular product MUST be used over an eye cream to prevent creasing and act as a good base..but once this is applied sparingly, it brightens, smooths and perks up the eye area beautifully. <3 I've tried the Touche Eclat and didn't find it to be anything special, especially for the incredibly steep price. This, imo, does more for a fraction of the price. Yes, it takes a whole lotta clicks to get the product flowing initially, but once you prime the packaging, application is quick and easy. :) I use one or two clicks for each eye over a good eye cream..I like the Garnier Ultra Lift Anti Wrinkle eye cream or the Burt's Bees Eye Radiance. This product works as a great base for eye make up as well! I've noticed better pigmentation using my cheapo eye shadows and much longer wear when using the eye perfector. Overall, I highly recommend this product! When used correctly, it's worth far more than the selling price.

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

There are certain drug store brands that just usually don't work on my face and Neutrogena is one of them. I typically don't buy from this but this just had such high ratings I couldn't pass.

I tried this "concealer" in attempts to cover up the dark bags under my eyes. I tried tapping it lightly to distribute the product and that didn't work. It was very obvious that I was wearing concealer. It was cakey and didn't look like skin. Very fake looking. This didn't brighten the area at all and I actually looked worse. I'm not sure if I got a bag batch or if I was just expecting something else from this. Also I didn't care for how liquidy this is compared to other concealers. I'm sorry to ruin the high reviews on this but, to me, this is all hype.