September 30, 2014 | 1090 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using EVOO to remove eye makeup over a year ago. I love it. I wear waterproof mascara and it comes off with absolutely no rubbing with EVOO. I pour a tiny amount of oil in my palm and paint it gently but thickly on my lids/lashes with my ring finger. I wait for a minute and then wash my face as usual and then dab off extra oil with a cotton pad. It keeps my eye area really well moisturised and the itchy darkened I used to suffer from is greatly reduced.

My skin is not sensitive but any rubbing in my eye area causes immediate pain and often leads to further rubbing/scratching later. I tried sensitive wipes and gentle make-up removers and organic baby wipes but anything that required any rubbing, however gentle, had the same effect.

EDIT: I have since switched to MAC Cleanse Oil for daily makeup removal, not because it is a better remover but because it completely dissolves in water which means I no longer need to use a cotton swab at all which has further reduced my eye irritation. I still love the olive oil method and if I don't have access to a decent cleansing oil I still use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by GMJAG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EVOO is AMAZING for makeup removing..I only use it for eye makeup. No breakouts, and I have been using it for 2 days. :) yay! It gets the world's toughest makeup off, and will last forever in the huge bottles it's sold in!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Icyvixen

well, I've just known how to remove the makeup by using olive extra virgin oil for 3 week but... Gosh! I'm addicted to it! my skin becomes way much smoother and clean, and brighter. However, when having applied heavy makeup, I have to use Centaphil gentle cleaner to make sure it's all removed!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by coolperson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love using olive oil to remove my waterproof eyeliner and mascara! I only have to use a little bit to remove everything from both eyes every night, and it's a great evening moisturizing eye treatment as well. It obviously leaves oil on my lids afterwards, but it doesn't matter because I have to wash my face anyway to remove my foundation/dirt/etc. Overall, very effective and affordable.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Kirs13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know many people are very excited about this, but I do not agree. Olive oil CAN be used to remove makeup and I would use it in a pinch. But in my experience its very similar to cheap makeup removers you can buy in the drugstore. It's extremely greezy, every single time I have used it I have gotten it in my eyes and though it didn't sting, it blurred my vision and was very uncomftable. It was hard to get my makeup off with it, it seemed to spread the makeup, rather then really removing it and I had to use a very long time getting i off. Unlike most makeup removers it didn't disapear from the skin, you had no choice but too wash your face afterwards. Which makes it impossible to use for fixing little mistakes with a Q-tip

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by mlq490

EVOO is all I've ever used to remove makeup, even waterproof mascara/eyeliner. It removes makeup completely, doesn't clog pores or break me out, it moisturizes my skin, and is all natural. People seem to be scared of using oil on their faces, but this is really worth a try, and it's a lot better for your skin then all the chemicals in makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by trshafer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff for eye makeup removal. It works as well as any special-purpose product I have every used, it's inexpensive, it doesn't sting my eyes, and it doesn't contain any toxic ingredients or preservatives, as almost all of the special-purpose makeup removers do. (Lookup your favorite product on the Environmental Working Group's cosmeticdatabase.com site, if you want a real eye-opening experience.)

I cleanse my skin with a gentle cleanser, use olive oil on a cotton ball to remove remaining eye makeup, follow that with a toner and moisturizer. I have dry skin, so I don't worry about any traces of olive oil that may remain. It's actually a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 7:33:00 AM More reviews by CassandraPaige

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I make my own eye makeup remover using witch hazel and extra virgin olive oil. This is a great alternative for the oil-phobic like myself. It's extremely simple as well (Followers of the KISS method, rejoice!):

Buy a travel-size shampoo/liquid bottle with a flip top (or screw top) from any supermarket. I originally got this "recipe" from Kandee Johnson, YouTube extraordinaire, who suggests using equal parts olive oil and witch hazel. Pour the witch hazel first. Don't worry about measuring because the oil will rise above the witch hazel in the container; just pour slowly.

NOW, for my fellow oil-phobes, add EXTRA witch hazel and less olive oil. You'll get the same effect with a not-at-all oily liquid and a *bonus* cooling sensation. If you need to remove something stubborn, like waterproof mascara, use full-strength olive oil and wipe the excess with a tissue. Go over it with witch hazel if you'd like.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by azncrow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this every night to take off my eye makeup. Affordable and effective! Especially when bought it bulk, it beats the price of most eye makeup removers.

I have oily skin, but I haven't noticed anything like milia or the such since using it for over 3 years now. I also use this to remove my face makeup. Of course, you will have to rinse and cleanse to get rid of the oily residue but I normally use another cleanser anyways.

Be careful not to get it in your eyes, since it can make your vision blurry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by honeybelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this as an eye makeup remover for about 3 years. It has never broken me out or clogged my pores. It can take off any mascara that I've ever worn, and washes off easily with my face wash. Love the price too. I'll never spend big money on a makeup remover again. I just pour some in a travel bottle and squeeze out as much as I need rather than keep the whole big bottle in the bathroom. My HG makeup remover!