October 23, 2014 | 1852 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by sabsara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This dried out my skin and make my acne much much worse! I bought the toner and the face wash when the website was having a 40% off sale, so it wasn't that expensive at all , but for what it did to my skin even a penny would be too much. Not only did I get tiny white heads all over my face, I also got deep cystic acne, which I've never , ever had! Now I have a face full of acne at various levels of healing, which will most likely turn into hyper-pigmentation. I know what tea tree smells like, but this was way worse, and the fact that one of the main ingredients is alcohol added stinging and burning to the experience. I hate this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Ellieenri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It cleared out my pimples! Plain and simple. The smell is strong but you get used to it. The facial wash also helps to maintain my breakouts. It's fast and gentle on my skin. It can dry your skin but always use moisturizer. If you really want to get rid of a zit by the next day... Use PURE TREE TEA OIL and it will dry that zit out.

Always be on the look out for sales...especially Black Friday... It's worth the wait if you don't want to pay too much for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this toner. I have only been using it a couple of days and am quite impressed with it. I was a bit scared it may irritate my sensitive skin but it hasn't at all. I have been a loyal user of Murad toner for acne but the price tag is too steep. The price of this toner ($12 CAD) was much more in my price range. I put some of this in a spray bottle and also use it as a face mist throughout the day. It does an excellent job at mattifying the skin but not drying it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Giginessa13

In the fall, I developed a facial rash called perioral dermatitis. I had to stop using my usual cleansers and Cljnique Clarifying lotion, and completely switch to just cleansing with Manuka Honey. Once my skin healed, I realized I wanted a toner again, but I knew I couldn't go back to what I was using in fear of aggravating it. I found so this one, and I love that it doesn't break me out or dry me out. I get that people are wary of the alcohol denat, but I have sensitive skin and it didn't bother me. I know everyone is different though. I love that it is fragrance and aloe free (aloe is not good for me), and tgat my skin feels clean after using it. The body shop has great sales, so you can't beat the price. The only criticism is that the packaging sucks. The cap is breaking :/. PS and BTW, check this out on COSDNA and you will see it has very little acne causing ratings.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by roxieomg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I expected something completely different when I ordered this product, I wasn't expecting it to feel so... un-body shop like?

It feels pretty chemical laden, with the skin tingling sensation and the alcohol content being pretty high. But honestly, it's not such a bad product as long as you don't use it every day. I use it when I'm having particularly bad skin problems and it just helps everything clear up quickly and effectively, but if I use it for too long my combination skin becomes incredibly dry and sore.

The packaging is sturdy as always from TBS, and I do look forward to shaking all the product up till the substance at the bottom mixes into the liquid. I don't think you would enjoy this product if you have particularly sensitive skin as the toner warms/tingles/stings (in a weirdly satisfying way) as it dries.

The price was pretty great, as I got this in a 50% off everything sale.

This product is okay, and does the job it needs, but I wouldn't buy it again. I'll probably purchase the neutrogena 3 in 1 stress control toner afterwards, sorry body shop!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Ichigowish

On top of The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash, it made my skin extremely dried out and it stung my face a little. It is supposed to be gentle on the skin, but it isn't. I have oily skin and it made my face way too dried out. Will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by sukaiina

I love love love this toner. I've used it for about 2 months and I saw a difference within weeks. It really does clear your acne scars and my skin feels so soft. Defiantly will repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Bailey4213

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this when i originally went to the Body Shop to get the Purity Cleanser but they didn't have it. I had seen a YouTuber talking about this and I was using the Proactiv Toner (which i do not recommend) and really wanted to switch to something different so I got this. I'm definitely not impressed by it, it gets the job done but it definitely doesn't help with my acne at all. It also stings all over my face whenever i use it. Definitely not buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by xsxpxixdxexrxsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I like this toner. It makes my skin feel clean and I find it helps tame down the acne along my jawline, which is where I have all of my acne at the moment. It sort of burns a little bit, but it works well for my skin. I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by a7xliz00

I purchased this in Nov 2013 & I'm still not halfway done with it. It helps control my acne since it helps dry out my breakouts and it leaves my skin feeling very clean. You definitely have to moisturize after using this because it'll dry out your skin if you don't. I will repurchase this.