April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Treatments - L'Oreal - Everstrong Overnight Repair Treatment

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this. Usually samples do not provide much to try, but this was enough I was able to use this for over a week straight. This is a nice cream that soaked in pretty quickly. I am not really sure if it helped my hair much. I only used this when I was sleeping with wet hair and never blow dried my hair with it so I have no clue if it would look different. The scent itself I did not notice much, but I did not really try to sniff it much being it was just going on my hair while I slept. I am not really sure if I would purchase this to use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this out of desperation after damaging my hair with a styling product that contained alcohol. My fine hair started to look crispy and the ends frayed. It still looked bad after a trim. After reading reviews, I gave this a try. The gel-cream formula soaks in within 15 minutes or so. In the morning I wash it out and I am pleased to say that after a few uses, my hair already looks smoother and not as damaged, with body & shine. I actually noticed an improvement after one use. However, I think the smell is horrible. I agree with the reviewer who says it smells like vanilla mint (sort of like the Vo5 vanilla mint with a synthetic coconut note mixed in). I really, really hate the smell. So although I think this improved my hair, there is no way I could sleep with this in my hair on a regular basis. I will be looking for something else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I got this for $5 on clearance at Target. No way would I pay $9.99 for it otherwise. I like what it does, I like how it soaks into my dry hair at night and doesn't leave a residue on my pillow. I do think it makes a difference with my split ends. It also works really well as a leave-in conditioner on damp hair. Unfortunately, I hate the scent. Vanilla mint - two scents that do not belong together...sorry. Probably won't repurchase...I'm looking for another "overnight" product.
UPDATE - Adding another lippie. Tried this as a leave-in on damp hair...can't smell it after blow drying and it really does help with frizz. Still probably won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by faaying

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't really say that this did anything for my hair but it's a good leave in conditioner and has a nice honey scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale for 3 dollars at Target along with the Everstrong deep conditioner. I'm seriously addicted to this stuff! It makes your hair so soft and it doesn't make your hair greasy at all like you think it would. I've only been using it for two nights and already I can tell a difference in my hair. Even after washing my hair I can tell a difference. My hair is so much softer and shinier, a lot less frizzy too. I will definitely keep buying this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Im indifferent on this. As a conditioner--yes its great! It doesn't weigh my hair down & leaves no grease/residue behind, even though it is a leave in. It gives great texture to hair while its in (kind of like day 2 hair, just after a wash) & leaves it soft after rinsing it out. But as a repair treatment, that its being marketed as-I don't know if its restored any bio-ceramide complex. It claims to improve hair strength after one use? I couldn't tell a difference. I continue to have breakage/hair loss/brittle ends after a month use. It does have a scent that I noticed is coconut like on washed hair but liquor like on dirty (2 day+ hair), but does disappear after 10 mins.I bought this 3.4 oz pump at Walgreens for $9 & have been using it bi-weekly (3-4 pumps for my mid back hair). I plan on finishing it but don't know if I'll repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

my overnight hair treatment regime, is a rotation between #moroccan oil serum, #jojoba oil, and this. im also using the whole range of EverStrong, on my fine straight hair. This smells wonderful, and gives me 'well-rested' hair upon waking up in the morning. It improves the texture over time. It's not a product i can't live without, but it's definitely nice to have it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by aibreanx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product. I'm really shocked by the difference it has made in my hair.

I have long, very dry, wavy/curly hair that is very prone to breakage. I'm so prone to split ends that my hair has to have a good dusting every 5 weeks or it looks quite rough.

After a week of using it as an overnight treatment, my ends are smooth and appear damage free. At this rate I can probably get away without a cut for the next month or two. I apply two pumps every night before bed to the last three inches of my hair. This treatment absorbs incredibly well and feels very lightweight.

I've now started using it as a leave in conditioner as part of my styling routine instead of using it as an overnight treatment. I wash my hair every other day and I use this treatment as a leave in conditioner after towel drying. I use one pump and distribute it throughout my hair from root to tip concentrating on the ends. I then go through and scrunch and twist sections of my hair to define the curls. The result is full, defined, and frizz free curls.

Very pleased with this product and will definitely repurchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This conditioner is great! I, personally, LOVE the way it smells, and apparently so does my husband :) It is immediately absorbed into your hair - even those who absolutely DREAD humidity - You can put this on dry hair and it won't frizz!!! I don't use it the way its described because I wash my hair every 3 days or so. (It's very coarse, dry, curly, and damaged) I use this other ways though: One, as a leave in conditioner, I'll put it in my hair when it is still damp from the shower, and style as usual. Another way I'll use it is if I straighten my hair, I'll generally have just a little bit of frizzies or flyaways when I'm done attacking it with heat- so my hair usually looks 10x better on the second day, after my natural oils have been absorbed. Well with this, I'll put it in the ends and lower half of my hair, after my hair is totally dry, straightened, styled, and it gives me that second-day hair shine and manageability. It leaves my hair totally soft and smelling amazing. If you have coarse hair and don't shampoo every day like me, you can put it in your hair on the second or third day and it just kinda refreshes your hair without weighing it down. The only thing I feel after adding this is softness, NEVER any weight or filmy residue. It really is a great product. I usually use about 2 half-pumps for the ends and lower half of my hair. I think it's been great for helping me grow my hair out long. I'm going to continue using this and when I run out I'm definitely buying more. The packaging is great too, very neat, not messy AT ALL, and you can totally control how much you want it to dispense. HG product for sure!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Imimaginary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Can you use it on wet hair????????????