April 20, 2014 | 1712 users online

Other - Crest - 3D Professional Effects White Strips

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have had good results with these strips and I've seen improvement with just one sitting. The strips stay in place and I like that the upper and lower strips are in one tear off package together. I've received compliments after a few uses because the difference was that noticeable (in a good way, of course). Now onto what I don't like... Any part of strips that touch my gums become super sensitive to the point where it feels like my gums are scratched when I brush my teeth. If I use the strips on back to back days, my teeth become incredibly sensitive to cold items. I only use them every three days now due to that.
Any teeth whitening product will cause sensitivity, so this is an unfortunate trade off to get results.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by michellecollins

I used whitening strips as a tween in 7th grade -yes, I was that young- and never had a problem with them. I stopped since then and my teeth have just been average white...not amazing, blinding white, not yellow either.
My close friend's sister worked as a whitener at a dentist's office and got me these professional effects whitestrips for like $10...a steal in my mind. So I decided to use them again.
And boy, where did I go wrong.
My other friends who used them complained of tooth sensitivity, but I never had a tooth sensitivity problem in my life. So I thought I was that invincible girl who never felt pain and could wear the whitest smile of them all.
Until my first trial.
While the strip was on, I started to feel the aches and pains. Alarmed, I took them off early. I followed directions perfectly, and not even the full time. After ten minutes, my teeth started to really hurt. I did everything I could to soothe them and told myself it would go away. Then I woke up that night at like 3 in the morning, in absolute pain. My teeth were KILLING ME, I wanted to rip my teeth out so bad. I almost started crying, and was up the rest of the night.
I didn't use them for a few weeks after, and half an hour before I took the strongest ibuprofen I could find and bought toothpaste that was specifically for relieving tooth sensitivity and building enamel. And I cut the time I wore them in half, and still had tooth aches and pains, although not as severe as using them on their own.
I continued this pattern, once every week, maybe every other, dosing up on medicine and using my special toothpaste. I always whitened them before an activity so I could be distracted during the activity to not mind the aches so much.
I did notice very pleasing results, my teeth are pretty white and polished now, I do give it that, but the side effects, oh the side effects, they hurt so bad. I have mixed feelings about these. But hey, at least they were a steal. So yeah, use these with heavy drugs and medicinal toothpaste and you'll be good to go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

Unfortunately I belong to the people with naturally yellow teeth.
I have tried out lots of different whitening toothpastes, electric tooth brushes
and none of them have worked.I always make sure to brush my teeth properly, floss and get it polished every now and then at the dentist but since my enamel is naturally yellow there was nothing I could do.

I was considering getting my teeth professionally whitened but firstly it was way to expensive and secondly I was worried that it would make my teeth really sensitive.

I found out about the Crest 3D Whitestrips Professional Effects on Youtube and since it was only 40 Pounds I thought I could give this a try and I have to say I am really impressed. My teeth are not perfectly white (that is almost impossible to achieve anyway unless your teeth were already pretty white to begin with), but I am so happy with the results and most improtantly my teeth look complately white in photos. I didn't have any problems with tooth sensitivity either so I'm really impressed.

If you are looking for an affordable and effective teeth whitening product that you can use in the comfort of your own home then I definitely recommend using this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by luckyasianbabydoll

OMG.

I use whitestrips once before maybe 8 years ago. They worked fine then.

I purchased these for $15 and got a $10 rebate back so I figured for $5 it was a steal.

These were IMMENSELY PAINFUL.

I don't consider my teeth sensitive but apparently they are.

About 3 hours after using my first strip, I starting dreaming that my teeth were breaking only to wake up realizing that they were actually in a ton of pain. I went back to sleep and the next day I thought it had only been a dream.

I tried it again at 2 in the afternoon. Right around dinner time my teeth were aching again.

This pain lasts for hours and happens after each application. I'm on my 7th or 8th strip, but I really don't know if it's worth it to keep going on.

I don't recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by annalynn77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First let me say if you are not getting results from these YOU are either doing something wrong or your teeth are beyond any help other than professional.. These strips work AMAZING!! I get asked a lot how I got my teeth so white and had others run out and buy these with the same spectacular results..wear them for the stated time, do not drink anything while they are on and use them constantly you can't go wrong..LOVE these lil wonders..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by bowlspice

I once did the two hour express one, and seen no difference. BUT. I bought a 10 pack of these of ebay for £20 and have so far used 8. WOW such a huge difference, I feel so much more confident about smiling. You do get some sensitivity but its so worth it. For the gums you can't really avoid this, but what i do is i cut the strips to just fit the fronts of my teeth and then apply. This is because when you bend over teeth biting down will not hurt. I did this with the last 6 strips and had no pain.

If you are really insecure about your yellow teeth. GET THESE. if they were 3x the price i'd still buy them!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have an unhealthy addiction to coffee. I just love it. My teeth were always on the yellow side, but as late, particularly yellow. I don't smoke, or drink wine...but I'm sure I'm eating and drinking alot of things that contribute to yellowing my teeth.

Firstly, I have had professional whitening done in my dental office and had little, to basically no results for over $100. I couldn't handle the product on my teeth for any longer than 30 minutes. For the next 4 or 5 days I had sharp pains running through the depths of each tooth, and they were so sensitive, even to air.

A couple years later (being now) I decided that I'd try these strips. My twin said they work amazing and didn't hurt. Being twins, I believed this because basically everything about us, teeth included are the same! I actually saw decent results after 3 days. I didn't have any sensitivity at all! Immediately when I starting using the strips, I also used to 3D glamour effect tooth paste. The results are amazing. For under $100 I had achieved a nice white smile. I remember my parents spending a fortune on braces for me too. Braces only do so much unless your teeth are white! I just finished 9 days and my teeth are beautiful! I feel alot better about my smile! I'm so happy I tried these and recommend to anyone! These worked far better than the in office treatment! :) the only thing is, my teeth are ginormous and I wish the top strip was a mm longer :) hardly an issue though!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I used as directed and it provided me some amazing results. I am not a smoker or a heavy coffee drinker but I had some not so pleasant yellow permanent teeth that were like that ever since I can remember.
Whilst wearing the whitening strips I had a LOT of gum discomfort, it literally felt like my gums were on fire or something; the tooth sensitivity was so bad I had dreams were I saw myself with not teeth (the pain could have been translated into dreams during night time). But I sucked it up and completed the treatment, I'm so glad I did.
I have a super white smile and I get compliments on it all the time. I have suggested this product to my friends.
I used this almost a year ago and the results are still noticeable, compliments are still coming. I use the Crest Whitening Strips Vivid White from time to time to maintain the whiteness of my teeth.
On a side note: On an appointment with my dentist I asked about the safety of these treatments and she said she did not recommend them because they really weaken the enamel and the long term damage is irreversible. It might not be obvious now but it will be in the future, she said. So you have to be careful not to abuse this product and always follow instructions. I read on one of the comments below someone used 6 boxes (46 strips) in a time range of 10 hours and I couldn't help but squint at the abuse the peroxide must have made to her teeth.
Regardless of anything, this product is quite amazing when used properly. It's really a self esteem booster. I LOVE it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Used the entire package, followed all the instructions, and it literally did not whiten my teeth, not even a shade. My teeth are not super stained, just a normal shade of off-whitish with somewhat of a yellow tint, so it should have worked for me. After using for a couple weeks it started to irritate my gums.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I have had professional molds done in the past (nite white) and these stripes are equal if not better. At a fraction of the cost!
They can make teeth sensitive for a while but using sensitive toothpaste settles that down.
I have gotten my sister onto them too. Pity they are not sold in Australia, bless internet shopping!