September 16, 2014 | 1588 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Hydrabase Lipstick - Perplex

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2003 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Anne

Wonderful color! This was less purple than I expected, which was a very good thing. It's very shimmery - almost metallic - and a deep reddish-burgundy-bronze color. Deeper than MAC O, imo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2003 8:55:00 PM More reviews by jalin

Very dramatic eggplant/red shimmer. Can be layered as heavily or lightly as possible, depending on what kind of look is desired. Decent staying power and not too drying if you prep with balm first. I took one lipstick off for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2003 2:29:00 PM More reviews by persnickety

Perplex starts as a gold-flecked, reddish purple but fades in 3-4 hours to a very pretty, plummy veil of your-lips-but-better color, with a subtle shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2003 6:48:00 AM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Deep reddened plum with shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2003 11:47:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

I did a comparison of this and MAC O (the Chanel on one lip the MAC on the other) and they are exact deadringers for each other. The Chanel feels a bit drier and has that rose scent (also its more expensive) Nonetheless, being that I am a big fan of MAC O, I love this color as well. Since we dont have a MAC counter here *boo hoo* but have a Chanel counter, I am definitely likely to repurchase this color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2003 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Kminer

I got this as a sample and mostly adore it! I cannot wear many reds, but this shade looks so nice with certain outfits. It's red with just a hint of orange sparkle to it - it looks great with my dark hair, and with my best friends blonde hair alike! My problem with this lipstick is the SMELL - it overpowers all the perfume I am wearing that say as the lipstick sits (of course) right under my nose! Not a pleasanr hint of vanilla smell like MAC, this Chanel lippie has an INTENSE smell of roses - smells like old lady perfume to me! - YUCK! Still I adore the color and still wear it with a few outfits that I have, with Clinique's lipblush lip liner under it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2002 9:18:00 PM More reviews by dblaze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, LOVE Perplex!!! IMO, more wearable than Mac "O". Changes color depending on the liner used, and is so versatile! Can be berry-ish, bronze-ish, amazing! Lasting power is great, no feathering or bleeding. Only downside is the nasty Chanel smell/taste ... but I can live with it for this color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2002 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Pauloy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This along with Sirčne and Vertigo were calling out to me when I went to exchange some things at the Chanel counter. Gorgeous golden/bronze wine shimmer. Minus for the awful plastic/rose hydrabase scent - I just have to bear it because all three colors were just too gorgeous to pass up.